ICF Interviews Mariyam (Questions Thread)

Gollum

Rahul's interview will be posted shortly. Meanwhile we can begin the process of the second member interview here.

The featured poster will be @Mariyam, another veteran on this forum. IPL (more specifically :mi:) addict, crusader against all things :csk: (exception being MSD), resident Bollywood expert, storehouse of wit, Urdu poetess and someone who can do a PhD on the various aspects of dance. Yam's contribution illuminates the 'Chit Chat' section, to a large extent because of her legal background, intelligence, patience, even-tempered attitude and way with words. Here is your chance to know her better. 

Fire away your questions but obviously nothing too intrusive. Let us stay classy and avoid trolling. 

Edited by Gollum

Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Your favorite Bollywood decade when it comes to (i) movies (ii) music?

If you could show the body of work of one actor and actress each to represent the very best of Bollywood, to someone who knows next to nothing about the industry who would be your choices? 

What do you respect most about CSK? What can other franchises learn from them?

How did you get interested in chess? Have you played at some competitive level in school, college or elsewhere? Do you follow professional chess, if so anyone whose games you admire? , 

If you had to make an IPL team (of 11 cricketers, not squad) from among ICFers based on their posting style how would you go about it?  Who would be head coach and what would you name the team? 

Edited by Gollum

Big fan

What kind of law do you practice or is your expertise?

Give us a fun true story of your professional experience.

What made you a cricket fan? (I mean we’re your family members huge cricket fans etc. the foundation of the passion for cricket)

Whats your true opinion of Bollywood movies, do they take the audience for granted?

I’m a fan too.  And OP was right in his choice of words - this poster’s contributions illuminates the forum.

My question #1. for writing the above, exactly as you told me to, should I send my bank details now or later?

#2.  I know you’re into poetry, but do you consider yourself an avid reader? What do you like reading?

#3. What would you do with your time if you didn’t need to earn a pay check? 

What got you interested in history? Who is your favourite Indian medieval king/person

ICF sometimes can have heavy negative tive trolling  against Islam, how do you maintain your calm and composure and actively respond?

I will ask a controversial and a tough question. Did you ever think of moving out of India because of being a Muslim. 

Edited by rahulrulezz

@Mariyam

1. Do you miss the 90s era in hindi movies? Full of fun and storylines and less cheap gimmicks and raunchy material

2. How are you so good at chess? early interest perhaps. Do you follow major players of the past such as fischer, tal @FischerTal :phehe: kasparov, anand, etc. Also who is your best player

3. What is your job duties. I heard you studied law. Did you help :mi: with their underworld dealings. I know they were upto something :heh: Rather poor :csk: and :rr: were made the scapegoats

Why are there so many Bollywood questions ? :fear1:

Anyways...

1. Your favourite sports personality of all time ?  

2. What's one Bolly movie you can watch for the entirety of your life without getting bored ? 

3. As someone who practices law, what's the most bizarre case you were approached to fight with or against in your career so far ? 

4. As @rahulrulezzstated above, how do you deal with all the anti-Islamic stuff posted regularly here ? Do you feel that it's warranted ? 

1.  What prompted you to take up law ?

2. Who is your favorite bowler and batsman ?

3. Why do think Majority of muslims are poor (Expected to see your answer in the other thread).  This happens even in USA. Majority of African Americans are dirt poor.  Any thing you see we are missing as Indians to solve this issue ? 

4. Have you experienced (personally, family and friends) Muslims are discriminated with promotions in India ? (Controversial question but should be asked)

Edited by gattaca
50 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Mariyam is batting on a tricky pitch. The members are asking questions like how bowlers ask questions from batsmen.

Does she have the answers? How many deliveries (questions) will she leave and how many she'll play them?

She's a good chess player. She plays blitz chess like Vishy Anand. No pitch is tricky for her. She will come out with all guns blazing, right? @Mariyam

Growing up in Bombay/Mumbai how has the city changed over the years and which areas need drastic improvement? Do you think Mumbai can ever transform into a great global city like New York, Singapore, Hong Kong, London etc?

Do you enjoy travelling? Please shed light on your favorite destinations, both in India and overseas.

Do you enjoy cooking, do those who taste your khana enjoy it :p:, any special item which your near and dear ones can't stop raving about? Could you recommend some food stalls and/or restaurants for someone visiting Mumbai for the first time (budget no bar)?

Tell us something about your dance background. Which actress do you wish you could emulate on the dance floor?

Are you an outdoorsy person, did you play any sport(s) growing up? Is there some hobby or skill you want to invest time in, get better at? 

Edited by Gollum