Congress leaders want Arnab Goswami to be arrested

Austin 3:!6

Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel and Congress General Secretary Mukul Wasnik are among the Congress leaders who have slammed Republic TV anchor Arnab Goswami, for his comments on a recently aired programme on the Palghar lynchings.

“He has gone insane and crossed all limits, he should be ashamed of himself. I must ask the Editors Guild – isn’t this (an) all time low for journalism? Rajeev Chandrasekhar must sack him immediately,” Ashok Gehlot wrote on Twitter.

Attack on mrs Sonia Gandhi by Arnab Goswami is highly condemnable. He has gone insane and crossed all limits, he should be ashamed of himself . I must ask the Editors guild - isn’t this all time low for journalism ? Mr Rajeev Chandrasekhar must sack him immediately.

— Ashok Gehlot (@ashokgehlot51) April 22, 2020

What Did Goswami Say?

During a studio debate, Goswami raked controversy for his remarks on Congress leader Sonia Gandhi.

“In India, being a Hindu and wearing the orange colour has become a sin. I ask that if a maulvi had been killed, would people be silent? Would Sonia Gandhi, who hails from Italy, be quite? Today, she is silent... I think she is happy in her heart that saints are being attacked in a state where she has formed the government. She will send a report to Italy saying that 'Where I formed government, I am getting saints killed,’” Goswami had said.

अर्नब गोस्वामी - वो इटली वाली एंटोनियो माइनो(सोनिया गांधी) चुप रहती क्या अगर मौलवी की हत्या होती!!#हिन्दू_विरोधी_राहुल_गांधी pic.twitter.com/vxw4r1bvGr

— राठौड़ - कोरोना वॉरियर (@lokarlorajniti) April 21, 2020

‘He is Dismantling Communal Harmony’: Cong Leaders React

Chhattisgarh CM Baghel wrote on Twitter: “There is no dignity towards any person or the language. This malicious attempt to incite communal violence is a cognizable, criminal and a punishable offence.”

Arnab Goswami of @republic & @Republic_Bharat calls this nonsensical utterance against Mrs. Sonia Gandhi journalism? There is no dignity towards any person or the language. This malicious attempt to incite communal violence is a cognizable, criminal and a punishable offence.

— Bhupesh Baghel (@bhupeshbaghel) April 22, 2020

Punjab CM Captain Amarinder Singh, meanwhile, said that his comments were ‘unacceptable.’

Ridiculous attack by Arnab Goswami on Sonia Gandhi Ji in derogatory language is totally shameful & unacceptable. She was 22yrs old when she came to India & has been living here for 52 years of which she has dedicated most of her life to the service of the country.

— Capt.Amarinder Singh (@capt_amarinder) April 22, 2020

Satej D Patil, minister of state for home, housing, transport, information technology and parliamentary affairs in the government of Maharashtra tweeted saying that, ‘Strict action will be taken.’

Arnab Goswami has defamed INC President Hon. Sonia Gandhi Ji. He is also trying to incite communal hatred and trying to dismantle communal harmony in the society. The act is highly condemnable and we are exploring all the legal options. Strict action will be taken.

— Satej (Bunty) D.Patil (@satejp) April 22, 2020

While general secretary of the Indian National Congress, Mukul Wasnik, said that journalists should come out and disown him.

Strongly condemn Arnab Goswami’s attack on Smt Sonia Gandhi. He is full of venom, partisan, abusive and has lost complete mental balance. It’s time that journalists should come out and disown him.

— Mukul Wasnik (@MukulWasnik) April 22, 2020

Whereas Congress spokesperson Pawan Khera asserted that Goswami is in need of ‘urgent treatment.’

There’s absolutely no doubt that #ArnabGoswami is in urgent need of treatment. He is not well. #ArrestAntiIndiaArnab

— Pawan Khera (@Pawankhera) April 22, 2020

:cantstop: :pop2:

I want Sonia to be put behind bars along with her son-in-law, rest of the coterie to soon follow.Only Rahul should be allowed to be free, God knows what BJP clowns would do without their #1 ally. To me, RaGa is more important than Modi+Shah+Yogi if BJP has to win 2024, let hm be the opposition's PM candidate for life, a true Bharat Ratna. 

You really have to give it to @coffee_rules.

Old mate spends all day every day scouring the corners of the internet digging up obscure tweets, threads, videos nobody cares about. And all this was before the lockdown.

Now that he has more free time, his output in this useless and frivolous pursuit only has increased. He just doesn't seem to tire of it.

Perseverance personified.  

40 minutes ago, EnterTheVoid said:

You really have to give it to @coffee_rules.

Old mate spends all day every day scouring the corners of the internet digging up obscure tweets, threads, videos nobody cares about. And all this was before the lockdown.

Now that he has more free time, his output in this useless and frivolous pursuit only has increased. He just doesn't seem to tire of it.

Perseverance personified.  

You may improve the forum quality after all this lockdown and describe how was your hiking trip in Swat valley with your mates and how many drones you spotted there.

9 hours ago, someone said:

Thats what I mean by better trained and well-equiped. The other side, like Congress is so ruthless and focussed. Whereas, BJP react timid when their leaders are slandered.

Exactly. BJP behaves like cowards, whereas INC behaves like a proper gunda party .Well that is also what separates BJP and INC ,there no morality or ethics left in that trash Ahmed patel led Maino party .

All the centrist ,right wing media should run this news for days and castrate Congress party on national channels for attacking Arnab ,Central government should see to it and protect him ,we hardly have any reporter left who can dare the All mighty Sonia like arnab does 

1 hour ago, mishra said:

Arnab is right on money. He is absolutely correct to blame Soniaji. I just hope he survives the witch hunt , orchestrated by Sonia

This is 101 of Indian politics. All flag-bearers of Indian liberals have a "red line", and certain "blasphemy" things. In this case, it is Sonia Ma.

The onus is on our side, to ask good counter-questions, and bring the heat to the other side. Usually, we are always on the defensive mode and full of guilt due to their hostility and intimidation.