Paatal Lok - Another Hinduphobic web series?

coffee_rules

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Kuttiya ka naam "Sati Savithri". You can imagine the f ucking Hinduphobia from Liberal artists who are Hindu. Product of JNU type education of Indians who are so disconnected with their roots, laanat hain. Somebody here was praising the series as the best web series, shows their upbringing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnf8pcpMZmk

Damn Anushka Kohli!

Wrong analysis. These artists are proper Hindus, and perhaps good people. Yet, they are 20th century Hindus, and they are the timid, quiet, frighten types. They can't put a fight against wrongs, and thus, resort to blaming themselves for the wrongs. They have the stockholm syndrome. They pride themselves for such tolerance, or in other words accepting 2nd class citizens.

On 5/18/2020 at 5:58 PM, coffee_rules said:

People who have seen it, share your views. Does the show hurt Dharmc sentiments ?

Exactly first few episodes we're good but close to 4th or 5th episode It started giving Kohli Anushka vibes as if they have forced director to show this hinduphobia view .

Edited by raki05

In Assam a vegetable vendor Sanatan Deka (Om Shanti) was brutally lynched by a certain community mob, who knows they may even be Bangladeshi illegals !!!!

2 arrested: Faijul, Usufuddin

3 absconding: Shabir, Yusub, Firzan

Now this will never make news on MSM, no activist or Bollywoodia will want to show this side. One side gets to play the role of perennial victim despite multiple crimes/wrongdoings. 

Edited by Gollum

13 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Hinduphobic. It shows picture of Durga goddesses and the actor eating meat next to the picture. Couple of other things too. 

Heard some negative things about it, I generally don't watch Indian content but I am sure there is no smoke without fire. 

I don't think the part you describe is Hinduphobic. In many places in Bengal buffaloes and goats are sacrificed and symbolically offered to the Goddess before distributing to the devotees...I saw the bali of buffaloes with my own eyes when I was a guest at my friend's ancestral village, didn't like it but ok, meat didn't go waste. This may be a sensitive topic in rest of India but not in the eastern part of the country....and the families who do it are kattar devotees and traditionalists.

Edited by Gollum

25 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Hinduphobic. It shows picture of Durga goddesses and the actor eating meat next to the picture. Couple of other things too. 

So what.  You think that doesn't happen in India?  This OTT shrieking about Hinduphobia only reflects insecurity IMHO.  

16 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Heard some negative things about it, I generally don't watch Indian content but I am sure there is no smoke without fire. 

There's some fire to be sure - all the primary characters' backstory have some tragedy in their history as part of explaining how that person became, or is, who he/she is.  And the writers went for the low-hanging fruit when it came to filling in the details - caste violence? check.  Patriarchy, child abuse? check.  Slumdog style orphan kids? check.  Child sexual abuse? check.  Casual bigotry against muslims? check.  

So if you are already in that mindset where depictions of these things will piss you off, then you're going to get properly riled up.  

For me, I think its just writers trying to juice up a story, and not really a political agenda behind it.  Sometimes, entertainment can be just that - don't have to speculate and accuse intent behind it unnecessarily.  

Besides, my faith is strong enough to handle some brutal depictions in fiction.