Sanju Manju ka Man-crush - Immy's crowd (Awww..)

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/21998054/immy-crowd

could find no fault with Imran Khan Niazi. He had me even before hello. :hehe:Those were the days when the Pakistan team was notorious for fielding thirteen men against the opposition - Shakoor Rana and Khizer Hayat or any of their two local umpires providing them great support. Call them patriotic if you wish, all their success at home had an asterisk attached to it. But Imran said, 'No more.' And in that big series against arch rivals India,

he single-handedly ensured we had neutral umpires

, John Hampshire and John Holder, both from England.

I don't recall a single moment on the field on that trip when Imran's attention drifted away from what was happening in the centre. We could be piling on the runs, it could be a long hot day in the field, but there was not one moment where you could see him looking in the direction of the stands or seeming bored. His eyes were always focused on what was happening on the field.

In the Faisalabad Test, Sachin Tendulkar got a light feather of a touch on the ball as he looked to work it off his hip. It was such a faint edge that no one appealed. Except Imran Khan, who was at mid-on. The umpire shook his head, but Imran was convinced there was some bat in that one. He kept asking his players how come they didn't hear it. 'Awaaz to zaroor aayi yaar [there was definitely a sound],' he kept saying before he reluctantly dragged his feet back to mid-on.

At the end of the over, Tendulkar and I got together and he said, 'What a guy. What sharp ears.' He knew he had edged it. The wicketkeeper didn't hear it, the umpire didn't hear it, but the man at mid-on did. No one was as focused on the game as Imran was.

As I walked back through there, one of my team-mates asked me what had happened, and I said, 'Nothing, just some Pakistani rascal trying to act smart.'

Then I felt a tap on my shoulder, and that unmistakable loud booming voice :phehe:told me, 'Don't be so anti-Pakistani.'

I am tired of reading such a long jizzful article. Giving up. 

Those were the days when the Pakistan team was notorious for fielding thirteen men against the opposition - Shakoor Rana and Khizer Hayat or any of their two local umpires providing them great support. Call them patriotic if you wish, all their success at home had an asterisk attached to it. But Imran said, 'No more.' And in that big series against arch rivals India, he single-handedly ensured we had neutral umpires, John Hampshire and John Holder, both from England

"100 chuhai khake billi haj ko challi" .... that Ind was able to draw the series with neutral umpires casts a deeper shadow on Pakistani wins w/o neutral umpires in the past 

29 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

At the end of the over, Tendulkar and I got together and he said, 'What a guy. What sharp ears.' He knew he had edged it. The wicketkeeper didn't hear it, the umpire didn't hear it, but the man at mid-on did. No one was as focused on the game as Imran was.

need ears this big to hear

fennec-fox-85120553-57ffe0d85f9b5805c2b03554.jpg

I will read it in patches .... but below would be one of the key reasons to the why Manju likes Imran:

Ramiz Raja once told me that if Imran had been my captain he would have never dropped me and would have ensured that I succeeded at all cost.

:lol: 

54 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Well he's a charismatic personality, oxford graduate, one of the greatest allrounder, dashing personality, great captain, pm of pakistan and easily asias greatest ever cricketer. 

As if being a pm of a terrorist/extremist nation is some great achievement. Oxford graduate my foot who doesn't know where Japan and Germany is . For intellectually deprived country like Pakistan he is cipher among zeros.

Edited by raki05
6 hours ago, Adamant said:

Well he's a charismatic personality, oxford graduate, one of the greatest allrounder, dashing personality, great captain, pm of pakistan and easily asias greatest ever cricketer. 

chronic ball tamperors can still be candidates for that title  for pakistanis but not for 'rest of the world' fans who  value honesty,integrity.morality etc etc.