"Draconian lockdown, nowhere else in the world, devastated the GDP..fear of life instilled, difficult to get rid of"

randomGuy

Its my belief that this whole thing is due to global fear tactics by world politicians, bankers, and medical staff. You don't know how much money they are making in Chennai hospitals at the moment. I have heard from a friend that they told his wife's uncle to bring 40,000 in cash or no admission for a non-corona based emergency. On top of that, poor people are hit worst in this "epidemic". I hope its not the case but I fear more lives may be lost due to other reasons than corona. There are some rumors in the USA that people who die from non-corona based issues are counted among corona deaths because of politics and to generate more fear among the population

PS - On a side note, is RaGa following Roger Federer hairstyle to cover up the bald spots :lol:

15 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Its my belief that this whole thing is due to global fear tactics by world politicians, bankers, and medical staff. You don't know how much money they are making in Chennai hospitals at the moment. I have heard from a friend that they told his wife's uncle to bring 40,000 in cash or no admission for a non-corona based emergency. On top of that, poor people are hit worst in this "epidemic". I hope its not the case but I fear more lives may be lost due to other reasons than corona. There are some rumors in the USA that people who die from non-corona based issues are counted among corona deaths because of politics and to generate more fear among the population

PS - On a side note, is RaGa following Roger Federer hairstyle to cover up the bald spots :lol:

Situation was always very sensitive for india with population of 1.3 billion. 

33 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

They have a point. 

Lockdown has not worked out and cases are on the rise. 

But then again, can anyone really tell what the actual spread is in india?

Actual cases in India are now much higher than official figures. Delhi government on guidance from icmr issued guidelines that no asymptomatic to be tested. In other words 80-90 % are now not be in official figures.

2 hours ago, Clarke said:

Riksha wala has been pissed off from the time (2014) he lost blessings of the party in power.

Shutting down economic activity uncalled for. Yamaha India chief.

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/economy/shutting-down-economic-activity-uncalled-for-yamaha-india-chief/article31678968.ece

Is he also Congressi ?

1 hour ago, Singh bling said:

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/economy/shutting-down-economic-activity-uncalled-for-yamaha-india-chief/article31678968.ece

Is he also Congressi ?

Bajaj certainly is. Same guy suggested "atmosphere of fear" not very long back, parrots the congressi pov now and then.

Most businessmen would have wanted minimal lockdown and healthcare practitioners the opposite. 

End of the day, criticism is welcome, tribalism isn't. 

Edited by Clarke

1 hour ago, Singh bling said:

Is he also Congressi ?

If not for that lockdown, we would have had millions infected by now but in a country like India with dense population of 1.3 billions, you needed strict lockdown at least for a year and not 40 days. Our strict lockdown lasted till May 3 and as soon as, they opened, we started having increase in spread.  imagine if we never had any lockdown. 

2 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Actual cases in India are now much higher than official figures. Delhi government on guidance from icmr issued guidelines that no asymptomatic to be tested. In other words 80-90 % are now not be in official figures.

I think execution of lockdown was the problem. 

But can you blame GOI? For such huge population, it gets very difficult to impose lockdowns and get rid of it. 

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

If not for that lockdown, we would have had millions infected by now but in a country like India with dense population of 1.3 billions, you needed strict lockdown at least for a year and not 40 days. Our strict lockdown lasted till May 3 and as soon as, they opened, we started having increase in spread.  imagine if we never had any lockdown. 

And If I may suggest, Strict lockdown for 10 years... If 1, 2 , 3....9 yrs are not enough.

29 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

And If I may suggest, Strict lockdown for 10 years... If 1, 2 , 3....9 yrs are not enough.

I think its more about execution than timing. 

45 days is enough to negate spread. However the execution of it is critical. 

I see that even under strict lockdown, there were voilations and disruptions. 

Lockdown was necessary to prepare for the spread.

You can't stop the spread in a country like India with our multiple problems.

The continuing of lockdown is breaking the economy now .

States that are acting like cowards and not allowing opening are the ones that have not prepared for the spread. You can't sit with borders closed and no testing and claim to control the spread.These states should be called out for lack of preparedness and punished by the people.

The hospitals that are turning the pandemic into profit opportunity should be investigated and punished.

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

1) China was able to control pandemic despite same population and first country to hit . It was able to end pandemic even in Wuhan in 76 days

2) probably we already have million cases as all governments are hiding cases

3)1 year lockdown will destroy india and probably start civil war.

4) you should read about Peru. Despite early lockdown country of 3.6 crore  country is very badly affected. It did lockdown on March 15 when there were only 73 cases but at present it has 180000 cases.

Rahul Gandhi, an expert of nothing, achiever of nothing, thinks doing nothing would have solved the corona virus.

Lockdown was a collective step by all Indians, Indian political parties, and institutions. Lockdown brought awareness and limited the spread. It was about prevention and limiting the damage. That was a thing which was required, and we should be happy that the government did it when only 500 cases was there. Thus, it was relatively early.

Also, it is important not to allow the crimes to be whitewashed. The Tablighi Jamaat should never be forgetten or forgiven.

Edited by someone

3 hours ago, Singh bling said:

1) China was able to control pandemic despite same population and first country to hit . It was able to end pandemic even in Wuhan in 76 days

4) you should read about Peru. Despite early lockdown country of 3.6 crore  country is very badly affected. It did lockdown on March 15 when there were only 73 cases but at present it has 180000 cases.

India is India, not any other country. Either it was a lockdown or no lockdown, and a lockdown was obviously correct.  So why lock-down was not completely effective?

Real reason is 1/3 of our districts are not in state governance. That's a scary fact with huge short and long term implication. The changing demographics, mob rule are a reality.

3 hours ago, Singh bling said:

How can one compare to china?

No one knows the real figures. How can anyone believe china when they have a rile to play in the origin and the spread of the virus.

No one knows if people were cured or eliminated.

India can not use their methods of control.

Nor can it hide figures from the people .