All-time ODI Asian world XI v All-time ODI rest of the World XI-Who will win?

Who will win?Rest of the World ODI all-time XI or Asian ODI all-time world XI?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?Rest of the World World ODI all-time XI or Asian ODI all-time world XI?

• ODI all-time Rest of the World XI
    • ODI all-time -Asian XI

I am pitting all-time One Day  international Asian World XI v All-time One day rest of the World XI

ODI Asian XI

Tendulkar

Rohit Sharma

Zaheer Abbas

Virat Kohli

Javed Miandad

Mahendra Dhoni (W)

Kapil Dev

Imran Khan (C)

Wasim Akram

Waqar Younus

Murlitharan

ODI World XI

Gilchrist (W)

Gayle

Viv Richards (C)

Brian Lara

Jacques Kallis

A B Devilliers

Ian Botham

Shane Warne

Richard Hadlee

Joel Garner

Glen Mcgrath

Strangely I would back the Asian XI to pip the World XI in ODI cricket.Asian team has a more skilled bowling attack in Wasim,Waqar,Imran ,Murli and Kapil.Mcgrath ,Hadlee and Garner were more accurate but not as penetrative.In Imran and Kapil Asian XI has 2 of the best allrounders .World Xi has slightly more destructive batting with the llikes of Viv,Gilly,Gale or Devillers  but the Asian XI has more technical skill in batting with Tendulkar,Zaheer ,Miandad and Kohli.World XI has the best ODI batsmen of all in Viv while Asian XI has the best ODI bowler of all in Wasim and the best ODI allrounder of al in Kapil Dev.The improvistaion of Asian batsmen would compensate for the brute power of the World XI batsmen.

World XI has more match-winners but Asian XI is more balanced.Asian X.

Edited by Harsh Thakor
17 minutes ago, Harsh Thakor said:

I am pitting all-time One Day  international Asian World XI v All-time One day rest of the World XI

ODI Asian XI

Tendulkar

Rohit Sharma

Zaheer Abbas

Virat Kohli

Javed Miandad

Mahendra Dhoni (W)

Kapil Dev

Imran Khan (C)

Wasim Akram

Waqar Younus

Murlitharan

ODI World XI

Gilchrist (W)

Gayle

Viv Richards (C)

Brian Lara

Jacques Kallis

A B Devilliers

Ian Botham

Shane Warne

Richard Hadlee

Joel Garner

Glen Mcgrath

Strangely I would back the Asian XI to pip the World XI in ODI cricket.Asian team has a more skilled bowling attack in Wasim,Waqar,Imran ,Murli and Kapil.Mcgrath ,Hadlee and Garner were more accurate but not as penetrative.In Imran and Kapil Asian XI has 2 of the best allrounders .World Xi has slightly more destructive batting with the llikes of Viv,Gilly,Gale or Devillers  but the Asian XI has more technical skill in batting with Tendulkar,Zaheer ,Miandad and Kohli.World XI has the best ODI batsmen of all in Viv while Asian XI has the best ODI bowler of all in Wasim and the best ODI allrounder of al in Kapil Dev.The improvistaion of Asian batsmen would compensate for the brute power of the World XI batsmen.

World XI has more match-winners but Asian XI is more balanced.Asian X.

Where is Yuvraj.... how come miadad or Abbas is better than him. Yuvraj has won wc for us what did miadad or Abbas did. Can they create yuvi impact in odi.

Here is mine Asia XI for Asian conditions

1. Sachin
  2. Jayasuria
  3. Kohli 
  4. Yuvi
  5. Dhoni (Capt)
  6. Imran
  7. Kapil
  8. Afridi/rashid khan  
  9. Wasim
  10. Malinga
  11. Murali 

Extra- Sanga, Rohit, Razzaq, Waqar, shakib 

• Spin of Murali, Afridi/rashid, Sanath, Yuvi, sachin
  • Reverse swing of malinga, wasim, Imran, kapil 
  • Batting depth till 8,9 
  • Good fielders- Sanath, yuvi, kohli, Murali, kapil, dhoni 
  • Why malinga over waqar- coz of unique action, its all about creating doubts n deceptions 

Here is mine Asia XI for Overseas conditions

1. Sachin
  2. Rohit
  3. Kohli 
  4. Sanga
  5. Yuvi
  6. Dhoni (Capt)
  7. Kapil
  8. Imran 
  9. Wasim
  10. Murali 
  11. Malinga

World XI 

1. Gilly 
  2. Richards 
  3. Ponting (Capt)
  4. ABDV 
  5. Hussey
  6. Symonds 
  7. Klusner 
  8. Warne
  9. Mcgrath
  10. Bond
  11. Starc 

Extra- Garner, Lara, Watson, Vettori , KP, Lee

I have kept VIV as opener, even though i knew he batted at 3,4 but his batting style wud have been terrific as an opener 

Result

In asia- Asia XI wins , but it wud be touch n go 

Overseas- They win 

Rest of World have an edge 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Here is mine Asia XI for Asian conditions

1. Sachin
  2. Jayasuria
  3. Kohli 
  4. Yuvi
  5. Dhoni (Capt)
  6. Imran
  7. Kapil
  8. Afridi/rashid khan  
  9. Wasim
  10. Malinga
  11. Murali 

Extra- Sanga, Rohit, Razzaq, Waqar, shakib 

• Spin of Murali, Afridi/rashid, Sanath, Yuvi, sachin
  • Reverse swing of malinga, wasim, Imran, kapil 
  • Batting depth till 8,9 
  • Good fielders- Sanath, yuvi, kohli, Murali, kapil, dhoni 
  • Why malinga over waqar- coz of unique action, its all about creating doubts n deceptions 

Here is mine Asia XI for Overseas conditions

1. Sachin
  2. Rohit
  3. Kohli 
  4. Sanga
  5. Yuvi
  6. Dhoni (Capt)
  7. Kapil
  8. Imran 
  9. Wasim
  10. Murali 
  11. Malinga

World XI 

1. Gilly 
  2. Richards 
  3. Ponting (Capt)
  4. ABDV 
  5. Hussey
  6. Symonds 
  7. Klusner 
  8. Warne
  9. Mcgrath
  10. Bond
  11. Starc 
  12. Joel garner

I have kept VIV as opener, even though i knew he batted at 3,4 but his batting style wud have been terrific as an opener 

Result

In asia- Asia XI wins , but it wud be touch n go 

Overseas- They win 

Rest of World have an edge 

Great teams.appreciate .However is  not Asian team more balanced with such a great bowling attack,best all-rounders and technically sounder batsmen?True World team has more explosive batsmen and match-winners.Kohli could make a crucial difference and so could Wasim,Kapil and Sachin.

11 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Where is Yuvraj.... how come miadad or Abbas is better than him. Yuvraj has won wc for us what did miadad or Abbas did. Can they create yuvi impact in odi.

Please see the record of Zaheer and Javed which speaks for itself.Both masters in improvisation. and finding the gap.Both close to Viv in their heyday.Zaheer averaging 47.62 and Javed around 41 speaks for itself.Zaheer would have murdered bowling in era of Yuvraj if you asess his domination against the likes of Lillee in ODI cricket in Australia or even Richard Hadlee.Javed was master in a run chase and in a crisis and ever consistent in world cups.

What is abbas avg outside Asia. Moreover how come miadad the midget can play at 5 ahead of Yuvraj....btw look at Yuvraj inning in loi 6 ball 6s . Hundred against aus in Sydney, multiple hundred against eng ,90 in NZ his inning in wc, debut performance in ct his Performance in wc 11, man of the series in wcxi, most valuable player in t20 07 wc, show me any such inning by  these 2 Pakistani asian bowling bullies .I don't remember anyone hyping them in odi as you. At no. 5 no one can take yuvi position not even sachin forget about these pakisani htb who feasted on umpiring support and Indian and al bowlers.

Asia xi 

sachin 

rohit 

kohli 

sanga

inzy

dhoni

kapil

wasim

akhtar/waqar 

murli

saqlain

World xi 

gilly 

abd

ponting

viv

lara

bevan

klusner

warne

lee

garner/ bond 

mcgrath 

in Asia  any team can win, in outside Asia rest of world xi have edge.

2 hours ago, Harsh Thakor said:

Great teams.appreciate .However is  not Asian team more balanced with such a great bowling attack,best all-rounders and technically sounder batsmen?True World team has more explosive batsmen and match-winners.Kohli could make a crucial difference and so could Wasim,Kapil and Sachin.

Klusner was one of best all rounder in ODI 

Botham batting avg 23

Klusner- 41

Massive diff 

bowling avg

Klusner- 29

Botham - 28 

Why do u need technically correct batsman in ODI ??? ABDV , hussey , ponting were pretty technically sound. 

But when it comes to 6, 7 position u need impact players and symo as a impact player who can bowl and was a terrific fielder 

About Asian team- miandad n abbas well modern batsman are much better in LOI cricket so i ignored them as comapre to yuvi who was a great fielder, at his peak one of the best ODI batsman i have seen , pressure player and can bowl to

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Asian 11 (Retired or almost retired players)

Jayasuriya

Tendulkar

Sangakkara

Miandad

Yuvi

Dhoni

Imran

Kapil

Wasim

Waqar

Murali 

ROW 11 (Retired or almost retired players)

Gilly

Lara

Ponting

Richards

ABDV

Bevan

Klusener

Hadlee

Warne

Bond

Garner

2 hours ago, zen said:

Asian 11 (Retired or almost retired players)

Jayasuriya

Tendulkar

Sangakkara

Miandad

Yuvi

Dhoni

Imran

Kapil

Wasim

Waqar

Murali 

ROW 11 (Retired or almost retired players)

Gilly

Lara

Ponting

Richards

ABDV

Bevan

Klusener

Hadlee

Warne

Bond

Garner

Who will win?

If you choose the right ROW XI, in non subcon conditions, the SubCon guys will be overpowered and outpaced...

Sachin Tendulkar, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Kumar Sangakarra, Yuvraj Singh, MS Dhoni, Kapil Dev, Wasim Akram, Muralitharan, Lasith Malinga, Waqar Younis

vs

David Warner, Jason Roy, Ricky Ponting, Viv Richards, AB De Villiers, Joss Buttler, Shaun Pollock, Brett Lee, Shane Warne, Mitchell Starc, Glenn McGrath

Edited by Sooda
2 hours ago, Harsh Thakor said:

Who will win?

ROW has an edge as they have a lot of world 11 level players players. Asia has Miandad, Yuvi, etc., who are national AT11 level players, not necessarily good enough to get into a first or even second World 11. 

If you do a tests asia X1 vs world X1 it may be more competitive but in ODIs the Asia X1 is going to eat the ROW X1 alive.

You can’t go back in time so you would assume these players would perform adapting to

modern rules and conditions.

for example would you pick a guy like Ross Taylor or Brian Lara in the modern context of the T20 era? I would pick Taylor because I think he is more adept at the modern game and play both kinds of innings. Would you pick a big name like Botham over say someone like Stokes or even Flintoff or Russell?

Similarly do you think Imran Khan will be more useful than say Pandya or even a guy like Afridi and Razzaq in the modern odi game? Especially when you have Wasim,Waqar,Murali etc in a fantasy scenario, why would you need him?

I think in these fantasy X1s we pick big names for the sake of it and on paper it looks glamorous but not always practical.

I would pick Rohit and Warner over Jayasuriya and Sehwag in the modern game.

Sure there are some names who didn’t play in the modern era you wouldn’t think would be successful based on their style like Kapil, Viv etc.

Despite being modern ATGs, I don’t think Kallis or Sanga deserve to be in the all time X1 odi sides. Tests sure they will be in there somewhere 

Edited by maniac

Here is my Odi X1 based on players who can fit in the modern era

odis

Asia

Rohit

Sachin

Virat

Inzamam

Yuvraj

Dhoni

Kapil

Wasim

Waqar

Rashid Khan

Murali

ROW

Gilchrist

Warner

Viv Richards

Ponting

AB

Stokes

C.Cairns

D.Vettori

S.Warne

G.Mcgrath

M.Starc

1 hour ago, maniac said:

I would pick Rohit and Warner over Jayasuriya and Sehwag in the modern game.

Rohit plays outdated cricket, while Jayasuriya and Sehwag had class leading SRs in their time.  Also ATG players are called that because they can be great irrespective of the period.  

All time Asia XI won't beat all time Aussie XI, will have a torrid time against all time WI XI. Forget World XI.....it will be a brutal massacre, 9-1, 8-2 or worst case 7-3 in favor of World XI (half of World XI's victories will be by massive margins while Asians will have to fight tooth and nail to scrape through for their wins) provided the correct teams are picked and all possible anti-cheating measures are in place.

There is a reason Aus alone has more WCs than Asia. Then you add ATG WI and this monster Eng side. And how many deep runs have NZ/RSA made in WCs. 

Edited by Gollum

Top order, middle order, explosiveness, keeper, spinner, pace battery, fielding, running between wickets, fitness, mental toughness, ruthlessness....World XI is comfortably ahead in each of these departments, if this were a boxing clash ref would stop the match in 2nd round. Really who would want to witness such a mismatch?

Godzilla Bambi GIF

Simply put, for Asia to win it would require the absolute best performance by its players and hoping that World XI has an off day say firing at 70-80%, still it would be close as World XI players (esp Aussies and WI players) are fierce fighters. Any other scenario and Asia will lose, only matter of interest is the margin.  

Peak World XI vs subpar Asia XI-> World XI would win by 120+ runs or with 15+ overs to spare, they would put their boots on opponent's neck and never let go, running away with the match like we saw in 1999/2003/2007 WC finals.  

Edited by Gollum