Who is your favorite Indian television NEWS ANCHOR?

Manny_Pacquiao

New anchors  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the best news anchor?

• Sreenivasan Jain - NDTV
    • Ravish Kumar - NDTV
    • Rahul Kanwal - India Today
    • Rajdeep Sardesai - India Today
    • Zaka Jacob - CNN News18
    • Rahul Shivshankar - Times Now
    • Navika Kumar - Times Now
    • Sudhir Chaudhary - Zee
    • Rajat Sharma - IndiaTV
    • Arnab Goswami - Republic
    • Deepak Chaurasia - News Nation
    • Suresh Chavankhe - Sudarshan News
    • Other - post below

Everybody loves a good poal, and this is a long-time ICF tradition.

This week's poal: Who's your favorite indian TV news anchor? I'm trying to get an idea of what everyone here watches.

The names i mentioned above are (more or less) the well known ones, and you'll see them on prime-time (8-10 PM). Its safe to say that these are the figures guiding india's political conversation.

I deliberately left out two TV giants in AAJ TAK and ABP News - two of the most watched channels in india. But I'm guessing they aren't really followed by people on this forum. If i'm wrong, feel free to correct me. There are a number of other smaller channels (Mirror Now, TV9, India News, India Ahead, etc) but i wouldn't call any of them mainstream.

If you are new or unfamiliar with indian media, or you're living outside india, you can interpret the order of options as descending from Congress party mouthpiece to BJP mouthpiece.

The only overtly 'Neutral' channels are CNN News18 and India Today.

The channels mentioned above have access to people in both political parties, except for the following exceptions: BJP doesn't appear on NDTV. Congress doesn't appear on republic. Those 2 channels will only feature official party spokespersons (like Sanjay jha for congress or sambit patra/nalin kohli for BJP).

Note:

I'm not sure people in india really think of Rajdeep sardesai as 'neutral' - his track record and speaking engagements expose him as a congress dalla - but he has toned it down since 2014 0 since he lost his status and became 'just another' TV guy. When it comes to his anchoring on TV, he tries his best to remain impartial, and his personal (secularist) views are usually left at home. You wouldn't really know what his views were unless you're familiar with his background.

4 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

I don't like Arnab on prime-time, his arguments get lost in between all the pointless shouting.

But on a stage, with a good guest, he's excellent :

Yes. Also he speaks like we do on a forum on a national channel without the added layer of anonymity. That takes a lot of confidence and guts.

Edited by maniac

21 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Shenoy is really pleasing to look/hear, although day to day news tracking isn't recommended for very long term investors.

Well, being retired I have ample of time to follow the market and business world.

I am  a market addict . With investment in market I do need to track as much as I can. Every bit of news helps.

Ayesha Faridi is daughter in law of Vengsarkar. She is awesome.

Sonia ...Well . She is the most beautiful and most favorite of market watchers.

Edited by Straight Drive

8 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Gargi Rawat

Gargi Rawat (@GargiRawat) | Twitter

Sonia Shenoy

Why is Sonia Shenoy so popular in Indian business circles? - Quora

Kadambini Sharma

Kadambini Sharma (News Anchor) Age, Height, Husband, Family ...

Shereen Bhan

Shereen Bhan (News Anchor) Height, Weight, Age, Affairs, Husband ...

Shaili Chopra

Shaili Chopra | World Economic Forum

Have you Screen Bahn recently. Her face looks wrong especially near the mouth and jaw. Also her eyes and overall look give impression she is drunk or hasn't slept. She is no more beautiful. Having said that her knowledge and interviews she takes is very good. Very spontaneous as well as thoughtful.

14 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Deepak Chaurasia is mediocre, sadakchaap. Even Amish Devgan is better option. Don’t see UndyTV , but is Vikram Chandra still on NDTV? He was a better one slightly left of center kind

Who the hell is amish devgan? Ajay devgan's cousin?

38 minutes ago, adi B said:

Horrible options but definitely arnab amongst them .

Rajat sharma and Sidhir Chaudhary have their 1 hour of proper dedicated daily news at 9Pm

Abey horrible kya, yehi toh hain saare. Aur kaun hai TV pe?