Sign in to follow this  
don_corleone840

Petrol and diesel rate watch!!

1 minute ago, gattaca said:

To be honest comparing with US. The fuel is still $1.90 here. If you do math still India will be cheaper. I don’t know what was price during UPA regime or the increase. Don’t forget India can’t import from Iran anymore as well. We probably got it cheaper compared to Saudi.

Compare per capita income of both countries as well

1 hour ago, gattaca said:

To be honest comparing with US. The fuel is still $1.90 here. If you do math still India will be cheaper. I don’t know what was price during UPA regime or the increase. Don’t forget India can’t import from Iran anymore as well. We probably got it cheaper compared to Saudi.

India is around 80 rupees a liter.

US is $1.90 a gallon. 

I USD = 75.64 INR

1 Gallon = 3.78 liters

Absolutely no sense in this when the international oil prices are so low. And not surprisingly the usual suspects are quiet everywhere. :lol:. The people of this country deserve this government for keep raising prices at a time of rising covid infections, pandemic deaths and widespread job losses. More misery in general.

Buckle up and try to enjoy the ride :facepalm:. Don't bother quoting this post.

Edited by Stan AF

7 hours ago, don_corleone840 said:

This is not an Anti Bjp thread. I think both Cong and BJP failed to curb oil prices. But i am surprised that this is not an issue for most nowadays (although it was big one during cong term) . 

I don't see it as an issue in itself. The question to ask is where does the money go ? Even that can be approximated by looking at the budget. 

People seem oblivious to the idea of deficits. 3-4% of GDP sounds small since the number is low single digit. If you look at it as a percentage of tax revenue, your eyes will start to hurt. 

Is desh mein everyone from small farmer to MNC CEO expects a bailout when things don't work for them. Where is the money coming from is not their problem though.

Edited by Clarke

6 hours ago, gattaca said:

You sure you went to college & not Trump University ?

Right step taken by the government, aim is to make it Rs 100 till the economic crisis remains ,its a big source of income for the gov.Even the public dont seem too buzzed because they know the goi need income.

Hopefully people use less of self vehicles .

Anyway we are a country which splashes so much of money in subsidies, Reservation scholarship,loans and what not!

Edited by adi B

1 hour ago, adi B said:

Hopefully people use less of self vehicles .

Anyway we are a country which splashes so much of money in subsidies, Reservation scholarship,loans and what not!

You mean people should cramp themselves in public transport and get infected with Covid. Personal vehicles are safest bet in Corona.

1 hour ago, Singh bling said:

You mean people should cramp themselves in public transport and get infected with Covid. Personal vehicles are safest bet in Corona.

I meant in general ,surely not now .

Seeing this trend of increase in use of personal vehicle ,government will keep om hiking petrol rates 

1 hour ago, gattaca said:

Covid will not last forever. Public transport and renewable energy is the way to go.

So Government should increase price when Covid is over. At times of huge business loss, job loss , pay cut when your own transport is safest bet you are increasing price of petrol which will force people to use more of public transport.

13 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Lo kallo baat

He's a secular IITian, it's all good :bebored:

There is a reason gasoline wasn't brought within the scope of GST. It's the primary mechanism for assured revenue generation when other means are drying out.