J&K Domicile law

sandeep

Unduly long time period compared to other states, expected better from the govt but they have proved their lack of spine yet again. It seems certain vested interests in the valley will always pull the strings in New Delhi.

Happy for the Valmiki (Dalit) community though. Earlier Valmiki children could only apply for jobs of sweepers or sanitation workers no matter their educational qualifications. They have been living there since the 50s and denied basic human rights, totally at the mercy of the Kashmiri politicians even when it came to residency rights. Almost all the benefactors of these new rules are members of this historically oppressed community. 

RoI for for ROI ( Rest of India), time for others to make money off of J&K. 

https://m.thewire.in/article/government/kashmir-jhelum-mineral-blocks-bidding-online/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Kashmir: Online Bidding for Mineral Blocks Leaves Locals at a Disadvantage

For the first time ever, non-local companies walked away with a majority of the contracts to mine Jhelum and its tributaries.

lov the meltdown in theLiar

Edited by coffee_rules

7 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

RoI for for ROI ( Rest of India), time for others to make money off of J&K. 

https://m.thewire.in/article/government/kashmir-jhelum-mineral-blocks-bidding-online/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Kashmir: Online Bidding for Mineral Blocks Leaves Locals at a Disadvantage

For the first time ever, non-local companies walked away with a majority of the contracts to mine Jhelum and its tributaries.

lov the meltdown in theLiar

It was ludicrous to allow treasonous fanatical zealots who are so bigoted against 'mainland' Indians, to monopolize state resources, funding, jobs - all of it - for decades.  

I think the current government has mismanaged a lot of policies, especially on the economy.  But the border road building, and the J&K admin changes - 2 major things they got right.  Credit where its due.