Happy Birthday to MS Dhoni

4 minutes ago, velu said:

Zoom it.. :pcguru:

"SPECIAL FORCES AIRBORNE"  :yess:

I didn’t want to point that out because didn’t want to take too many digs on his birthday thread but We get it ,he is a “honorary” paratrooper but doesn’t mean even at home in your casual clothes  you don’t need to wear a tshirt to drill that in our head every frickin time  :laugh:

9 minutes ago, sandeep said:

AFAIK its not honorary, he literally jumped through all the required hoops...

He might have taken some basic required training. It’s not the same as when you are a 20 year old making all those sacrifices, staying away from family, going through the grueling training and almost thinking you will die today (in the training itself)

I am sure Dhoni the cricketer did a variation of those in his field, that made him achieve excellence in that area but no matter what spin media puts on it he is still a honorary army man.

Remeber Demi Moore who underwent the entire Navy Seal training for a role or Nana Patekar for Prahaar. That doesn’t give them a rank or make them army.

Yes Dhoni is an icon and the honor is symbolic which is all great but there is too much marketing at play here.

55 minutes ago, maniac said:

I didn’t want to point that out because didn’t want to take too many digs on his birthday thread but We get it ,he is a “honorary” paratrooper but doesn’t mean even at home in your casual clothes  you don’t need to wear a tshirt to drill that in our head every frickin time  :laugh:

Sachin becomes IAF's honorary Group CaptainSachin becomes IAF's honorary Group Captain

At least Thala passed the min height requirement. 

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

He might have taken some basic required training. It’s not the same as when you are a 20 year old making all those sacrifices, staying away from family, going through the grueling training and almost thinking you will die today (in the training itself)

I am sure Dhoni the cricketer did a variation of those in his field, that made him achieve excellence in that area but no matter what spin media puts on it he is still a honorary army man.

Remeber Demi Moore who underwent the entire Navy Seal training for a role or Nana Patekar for Prahaar. That doesn’t give them a rank or make them army.

Yes Dhoni is an icon and the honor is symbolic which is all great but there is too much marketing at play here.

of course, and I find the marketing puke-worthy.  But by all accounts, Dhoni's interest and commitment to the army seems legit...

3 hours ago, velu said:

Dhoni was doing well until he met

1533716730-Karunanidhi-DHoni-BCCL.jpg?tr

This (below) pic must have been taken 5 years ago....DMK youth leader looks younger than Thala here :rotfl:.

Legacy lives on, what do you think Thala and Thalapathy are talking about here?

newspics: Dhoni with Stalin

Edited by Gollum