Is Kohli’s 82 vs Aus WT20 2016, his best knock across all formats?

I do not remember a more chance less knock played against a strong opposition in a high stakes game from Kohli in other formats.

I know people are going to talk about his 183 vs Srilanka or Pakistan or his 100 vs Australia in his debut test as captain in the partnership with Vijay.

As of this date,I think that T20 knock is his best innings ever. Rare to have a classical bat playing all 3 formats having his best knock come from a T20 game.

50 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

I would say his semi final knock vs SA in 2014 WC was his finest. The 2016 was great to watch though.

Yeah that too. 

I think it's safe to say he's the GOAT when it comes to Wt20s. Don't know what happens to him in ODI WCs. 

I know he was dropped during it, but his century at Edgbaston is his best knock: the context of it all, battling Anderson against whom he struggled so much on the previous tour .. 149 out of 274, 26 was the next highest score

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Agree, amazing knock. Kohli is the GOAT T20 batsman, I don't care who dominates IPL or bilaterals...nobody owned WT20 like him. 

Agreed CT2013 20 overs match final

2014 amazing run through out the wc

2016 Aus match

He is GOAT in T20Is for sure. 

3 hours ago, Stan AF said:

Let's not kid ourselves with the GOAT tag. As of now in T20I's it is Marlon Samuels for his MOTM in both the winning finals.

He has pretty much carried India's batting in the last 2 WT20s where we reached final and semis, scoring heavily on both those matches as well. Its not his fault that the team failed to cross the line on both occasions. On individual performances he has to be GOAT.

On 7/11/2020 at 4:02 AM, Gollum said:

Agree, amazing knock. Kohli is the GOAT T20 batsman, I don't care who dominates IPL or bilaterals...nobody owned WT20 like him. 

But wsn't that 3rd grade bowling attack with no Starc and Cummins and Faulkner and courtr-nile were bowling dollies at end overs. I think his inning aginst sa in previous edition was much better.