Steve Smith and David Warner's return won't worry Indian pacers: Gambhir

4 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Kuldeep took a 5fer last time in Australia.  Not many sub continent  spinners have done that in their maiden inns there.

his confidence was diff and opposition batting was diff

5 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Heard Kuldeep is trying to increase his pace these days.  I'd back Kuldeep over TTfs like Ashwin in overseas. 

he has been working for 2 years but rhythem and confidence needs game time which isnt the case now 

Pujara may not enjoy a big series this time.

I have the same feeling this time they ll come fully prep for pujara and wont let him make runs this time

Say whatever Indian batting cannot compete with Aussie batting in their own den.  We may be blown away in Gabba & D/N game (first two tests in fact)  if we go with our usual approach which has barely yielded us results.  I think we will have to try out of the box & give chance to Saini & Kuldeep. 

Gabba for sure we will be blown as its aussie's fav hunting ground

Saini is a must specially with his length for Smith, but our TM will take umesh sadly 

Gambhir is crazy. If Indian team takes Smith lightly then they may be in for a reality check. Warner can blast any bowler and race to a quick ton in just two sessions. This year it will be a total different test for Indian bowlers in Australia. Bowling to Aaron Finch and Usman Khawaja is not the same against bowling to Warner in Australia and Smith. Warner has a good record in Australia. Smith well, we all know how good he is. But then we have Shastri who thinks this team is as good as ATG teams of WI and Aus. Such jokes are required during the pandemic to give a good laugh to each other.

Edited by Straight Drive
12 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I predict 4-0 in favor of aussies. Effing team can't handle NZ how are they gonna handle Aussies that too with Smith and Warner. Bumrah and Pujara will be our stars as the usual suspects like Kohli, Ishant, Rahane, Ashwin, Jaddu flop like they usually do. I hope Shami, Kuldeep and Saini get a test

I dnt think pujara will do well this time, their no.1 target this time wud be pujara and i strongly feel he wont do well this time. 

Why wud kohli fail, he has scored runs on all aussie tours. 

22 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I dnt think pujara will do well this time, their no.1 target this time wud be pujara and i strongly feel he wont do well this time. 

Why wud kohli fail, he has scored runs on all aussie tours. 

Pujara has the temperament to overcome the pressure. In an ideal world, he would be captain over hyper emotional Kohli. Kohli will hit some garbage tons like he did in SA and Aus but he won't play that much of a part in winning a series. Pat Cummins is his nemesis. He has a knack of inducing errors from Kohli because of Kohli's attacking instinct which is his boon but also a bane

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

Pujara has the temperament to overcome the pressure. In an ideal world, he would be captain over hyper emotional Kohli. Kohli will hit some garbage tons like he did in SA and Aus but he won't play that much of a part in winning a series. Pat Cummins is his nemesis. He has a knack of inducing errors from Kohli because of Kohli's attacking instinct which is his boon but also a bane

If that enough he wont have had a avg record overseas. Most players generally dont have two good overseas tours of same country. 

Winning and loosing depends on whole team. In pujara case whole team contributed in kohlis case team didnt . 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

If that enough he wont have had a avg record overseas. Most players generally dont have two good overseas tours of same country. 

Winning and loosing depends on whole team. In pujara case whole team contributed in kohlis case team didnt . 

Because Pujara plays a classical test match innings which is starting off slowly, putting rank bad balls, rotating strike, not doing anything fancy and when the bowlers are tired and wickets are falling, accelerate the scoring. Kohli wants to dominate from the get go which is another strategy and a good one if one has to succeed in Aus but is also liable to traps set by the opposition when the bowlers are fresh and the ball is new. He also has not been able to achieve the success on the team front. Just imagine from a young debutant's point of view. Who would you approach as a youngster - mild mannered always smiling Pujara or angry in your face Kohli

10 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Because Pujara plays a classical test match innings which is starting off slowly, putting rank bad balls, rotating strike, not doing anything fancy and when the bowlers are tired and wickets are falling, accelerate the scoring. Kohli wants to dominate from the get go which is another strategy and a good one if one has to succeed in Aus but is also liable to traps set by the opposition when the bowlers are fresh and the ball is new. He also has not been able to achieve the success on the team front. Just imagine from a young debutant's point of view. Who would you approach as a youngster - mild mannered always smiling Pujara or angry in your face Kohli

Yet kohli has had massive success overseas and pujara hasnt. 

I doubt there wud be a country where pujata avg more then kohli. 

Talking about australia kohlu has been brilliant there.

Sachin had same kohli stRtegy and pujara as dravid check even their numbers in Australia

9 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Yet kohli has had massive success overseas and pujara hasnt. 

I doubt there wud be a country where pujata avg more then kohli. 

Talking about australia kohlu has been brilliant there.

Sachin had same kohli stRtegy and pujara as dravid check even their numbers in Australia

Yes Kohli has more runs in Aus even more than Warner but the latter is part of a WC winning team. You are right Kohli = Sachin and Pujara = Dravid but who was the successful captain among Sachin and Dravid. Kohli can score a multiple tons but it wont matter if India doesnt win which I predict will continue

8 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Yes Kohli has more runs in Aus even more than Warner but the latter is part of a WC winning team. You are right Kohli = Sachin and Pujara = Dravid but who was the successful captain among Sachin and Dravid. Kohli can score a multiple tons but it wont matter if India doesnt win which I predict will continue

Where did captaincy came in?

If its about captaincy who is more successful then kohli.

Winning and loosing depends on team not 1 players.

In 2014 kohli vijay rahane scored but also opposition scored.

In 2019 pujara, kohli, pant, mayank scored but opposition didnt . 

12 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Where did captaincy came in?

If its about captaincy who is more successful then kohli.

Winning and loosing depends on team not 1 players.

In 2014 kohli vijay rahane scored but also opposition scored.

In 2019 pujara, kohli, pant, mayank scored but opposition didnt . 

Because captaincy is also important when it comes to winning which is the main goal of sports. You said win/loss in dependent on team which is why captaincy is vital to bring together 11 men to win.

48 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Because captaincy is also important when it comes to winning which is the main goal of sports. You said win/loss in dependent on team which is why captaincy is vital to bring together 11 men to win.

no the question is where did rahul n sachin captaincy come in to play whose batting apparoach was more effective in australia when number clears who was better

However I do believe Kohli will score minimum 1 hundred this time. Need at least 2 more batsmen other than Pujara to step up and chalk out some draws atleast.

Hope Rohit scores some big tons down under. He has done in ODI's there. He should be able to do it.

9 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

Can't take another 4-0 result. Have seen too many of those 4-0, 4-1, 3-1, 2-0  etc etc

"That doesn't mean we were outplayed."  - your friendly neighborhood kaptaan.

Seriously though, there could be some truth to Kohli's statement.  We could lose every match in a series but be very competitive, losing by small margins. 

For fans' sanity, I don't know what is worse.  Being thrashed by an innings in 1 match and then tamely draw others due to flat pitch run fests?  Or compete in every match, but lose 4-0 by a total of 200 runs/4 wkts separating the two teams?  I guess, in one case, we can complain about the one thrashing.  In the other, we can complain about lack of mental toughness.  

Edited by BacktoCricaddict
5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

no the question is where did rahul n sachin captaincy come in to play whose batting apparoach was more effective in australia when number clears who was better

you were the one who took it on a tangent by comparing kohli and pujara with sachin and dravid. Key to winning matches boils down to captaincy and how the team mates respond to the captaincy. I guess we are talking about the final score of the series thats why i talked about captaincy. understand?