IPL will start from Sept 19 in UAE and final will be on Nov 8- BCCI Sources (Post 36)

BCCI’s Apex Council’s marathon meeting via a video conference has ended. The meeting continued almost for 4 hours.

InsideSport has learnt that the board is planning to host the 2020 IPL in UAE. BCCI also came to the conclusion that a final decision would be taken once the ICC postpones the 2020 T20 World Cup.  As per the protocol BCCI can’t officially announce anything on IPL 2020 till the time ICC T20 World Cup is not called off officially by the world body.

https://www.insidesport.co/ipl-2020-it-is-final-uae-will-host-ipl-2020-between-sep-to-nov/

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Edited by Austin 3:!6
Was expected 

It was either uae or sl
As per schedule, there will be another IPL in Apr 2021. My worry is 2 IPLs in such a quick interval can be an overkill. What was the need of having IPL this year...just before an all important Australia tour?

10 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

As per schedule, there will be another IPL in Apr 2021. My worry is 2 IPLs in such a quick interval can be an overkill. What was the need of having IPL this year...just before an all important Australia tour?

Money....

See all these associations and ranji cricketers coaches groundsman etc you need money to pay their salaries.

Fans need to understand this is about livelihoods which need to be protected. 

Cricket Australia are on a staff sacking spree. 

Wish they have a shortened IPL, single round robin or some new format like 2 pools followed by SF/F. Need to schedule Ranji games as well and enough time to prepare for the tough Aussie tour. 

Such a huge gap followed by 2-3 months of non-stop cricket is sure to cause injuries. Last thing we need is to board the plane to Aus without Kohli, Bumrah, Ishant, Shami. 

Edited by Gollum
5 hours ago, Norman said:

Just before the tour down under.... :facepalm:

We never learn do we ?

True but IPL has to be played due to financial compulsions. Star has paid some 1500 cr for telecast rights. Franchises will lose massively if IPL is not held. Most players will be keen for IPL to happen. 

23 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

UAE seems to be the only option left but those pitches aint good for upcoming fast bowlers to show their talent. 

We might see guys like kaul, unadkat, dhawal doing well and coming back in reckoning

Neways Atleast cricket will take place. 

i will prefer to watch netflix or amazon or work rather than watching a bowler bowling between 115 to 130K.

i have faced bowlers up to 125k and if international batsman with Superb english willow bats face 125k bowlers , its a waste of time. 

2 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Are the Pitches still dry and PATTA......??

OH...........i wish they become Green.

My IPL excitement is going to go drastically down if the Pitches are Patta and dead wickets for Pacers.

Trivia cricket question for novices: which of the following has had green tracks 

UAE 

IPL/T20 

T20 in UAE

None of the above