Jump to content
maniac

Rank the Mental Strength of the current Fab 4

Recommended Posts

How to judge it ??

Kohli fails in pressure game in ODI - mentally weak

Top performs in t20 WC pressure games- Mentally strong

Was highest scorer in CT 2013- strong

Played a cruical knock in Wc 2011 - strong

Most importantly what he made of his talent n fitness shows more mental courage then anyone

 

Smith kohli both are at top

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

How to judge it ??

Kohli fails in pressure game in ODI - mentally weak

Top performs in t20 WC pressure games- Mentally strong

Was highest scorer in CT 2013- strong

Played a cruical knock in Wc 2011 - strong

Most importantly what he made of his talent n fitness shows more mental courage then anyone

 

Smith kohli both are at top

What about Williamson? He singlehandedly lead his team to a final, the way he handled himself in the final alone earned him brownie points.

 

Smith as a clutch player is in a different league.

 

Thats why I said Root is behind the other 3 but if I had to rank Smith,Williamson,Kohli and Root in that order.

 

This doesn’t mean the other is totally useless, ranking based on the current fab 4

Edited by maniac

Share this post


Link to post

Like the Original Fab 4 did something special. Even they are chokers at highest level

 

Tendulkar -  We all know Ailiaaa's pants used to drop in Finals. Master of Chokers 

 

Ganguly -  Hasn't done anything special himself 

 

Dravid and VVS - 0 Wcs and their contribution in imp matches has been 0 in Odis. 

 

Compared to them 

 

Virat, Smith and Williamson are miles ahead

Share this post


Link to post

Smith is in a different league, unfair to compare these pretenders with the one true master of this era. KW's mental strength is overrated, Kohli has played some clutch knocks in SENA and is the WT20 KO GOAT.

 

Smith

<daylight>

Kohli

Kane

Root

Edited by Gollum

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Like the Original Fab 4 did something special. Even they are chokers at highest level

 

Tendulkar -  We all know Ailiaaa's pants used to drop in Finals. Master of Chokers 

 

Ganguly -  Hasn't done anything special himself 

 

Dravid and VVS - 0 Wcs and their contribution in imp matches has been 0 in Odis. 

 

Compared to them 

 

Virat, Smith and Williamson are miles ahead

Gilchrist and A Desilva mentally strong players at 1990/2000 era imo

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Not very well thought out but on few memorable series basis: 

 

Tests: Smith (Ashes in Eng, India tour)

Odi: Kane (2019 WC)

T20: Kohli (generally outstanding including 2016 WC)

 

Smith also played match winning knocks in WC 2015 semis and finals. A 100 and a 50, and also was the top and sole scorer in the 2019 semis which they lost.

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Smith is in a different league, unfair to compare these pretenders with the one true master of this era. KW's mental strength is overrated, Kohli has played some clutch knocks in SENA and is the WT20 KO GOAT.

 

Smith

<daylight>

Kohli

Kane

Root

Kane Williamson’s composure in the WC final is probably more memorable than England’s win itself. Here is a guy who won man of the series for his captaincy alone.

Share this post


Link to post

Why is kane so overhyped on icf and social media? he had two great chances to win odi worldcup for his side but failed there. Has pretty avg records in away tests against top nations. Just cause of his good guy image he is overrated. People here keeping him ahead of kohli are fully delusional.

 

Edited by Nikola

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Norman said:

Smith 

 

Daylight

 

Williamson

 

Daylight

 

some more daylight

.

.

Kohli and Root

 

 

And Kohli is fattu as well.:phehe:.... Remember mocking kesari williams and went like a good boy to the pavilion after a fixer and pokri audienced bullied him in ct final and then danced to their tune as well after getting humiliated in final. 

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Why is kane so overhyped on icf and social media? he had two great chances to win odi worldcup for his side but failed there. Has pretty avg records in away tests against top nations. Just cause of his good guy image he is overrated. People here keeping him ahead of kohli are fully delusional.

 

Some of us (including me) may have held Kohli to a higher standard and are frustrated at his trophy cabinet not having WC/CT including his misses in the CT final & WC semifinal.

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Smith also played match winning knocks in WC 2015 semis and finals. A 100 and a 50, and also was the top and sole scorer in the 2019 semis which they lost.

Your memory's better than mine, I just remember the Aussies as a juggernaut in some of the series like the 2015 WC. 

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Some of us (including me) may have held Kohli to a higher standard and are frustrated at his trophy cabinet not having WC/CT including his misses in the CT final & WC semifinal.

So what has kane done better than kohli in all formats?

Edited by Nikola

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Nikola said:

So what has kane done better than kohli in all formats?

Maximized his resources, became an ambassador that his entire country can actually be proud of and not by shenanigans like pandering to opposition but with his demeanor and composure.

 

Kohli has all the resources in the frickin world.

 

Sure as a batsman Kohli is ahead no one even debates that.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Nikola said:

Why is kane so overhyped on icf and social media? he had two great chances to win odi worldcup for his side but failed there. Has pretty avg records in away tests against top nations. Just cause of his good guy image he is overrated. People here keeping him ahead of kohli are fully delusional.

 

We can call it the Dravidian 'nice boi' perception effect.  

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Williamson ahead of VK?  That's a tough argument to make.  Try and substantiate it.

It's not that Kane set the world on fire or something but it's just Kohli failing in an epic way in the last three ODI knockouts makes his case weaker. I can't find a better knock under pressure from Kohli than Williamson's 67 in the semi last year. Add to that his 2 hundreds in two very tight games against SA and WI in the last WC .

 

Yes Kohli has done remarkably well in the T20 WCs under pressure but right now he's just not the same player as he was in 2014 or 16. He has botched up 5 big pressure but very doable run chases in the last 3 years. I'm pretty sure Williamson would have saw his team home atleast twice if he had the same opportunities. 

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Ross Taylor?  Latham? 

 

Some folks talk as if Kiwis batting lineup only  gets 6 wickets vs 10 for opponents.

It’s not about batting skills. Man to man then just check out the records of Rohit,Dhawan and Dhoni if you purely go by Support.

 

Being the biggest Rohit fan I will say Kohli is a better bat than Rohit (statistically and performances wise, not counting natural flair and talent :p:) but Rohit handles pressure better is the consensus from what we see.

 

This is where I rate Williamson.

Share this post


Link to post

Root has fallen off quite a bit after taking up captaincy, I don't think he belong to the elite gang now. Rohit deserves a mention in top batsmen of the world now, hopefully he has a wonderful tour of Australia in tests.

On topic, Virat is the most overrated of this lot imo, conspicuous by absence whenever things get tough. Best batsman in all formats, ghanta !!

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, maniac said:

Maximized his resources, became an ambassador that his entire country can actually be proud of and not by shenanigans like pandering to opposition but with his demeanor and composure.

 

Kohli has all the resources in the frickin world.

 

Sure as a batsman Kohli is ahead no one even debates that.

Bullsh!t. Tell me what has he won with his such ability as well. Lost worldcups or key test series away from home. As batsman he is no way near to kohli. It's actually insult to kohli that we are comparing him with kane.

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, Audiophile said:

I do not like his captaincy, and his attitude is abrasive, but Kohli gets a pretty bad rap on ICF. Kohli has impacted Indian wins overseas more than Ailaa did already. 

This is false. The last decade(2010-19) we have seen more overseas defeats than than the previous decade (2000-09).  The most bane thing about this statement i believe is these defeats will continue as we saw 0-2 to NZ of all teams earlier this year.

 

 

With the kind of bowling that Kohli has under his disposal, fab 4 would have won everywhere. 

Edited by Stan AF

Share this post


Link to post

Phattu team lost 4-1, 2-1,2-0 against 3 out of 4 sena countries. Whereas current Sena team is no where closure to the one they have between 2000 -2011. We have won NZ and eng and drawn in aus and sa during that period and somehow phattu, bewda and few icfer tried to made us believe as if it was some kind of achievement what they did in past few years.

Edited by raki05

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Stan AF said:

This is false. The last decade(2010-19) we have seen more overseas defeats than than the previous decade (2000-09).  The most bane thing about this statement i believe is these defeats will continue as we saw 0-2 to NZ of all teams earlier this year.

 

 

With the kind of bowling that Kohli has under his disposal, fab 4 would have won everywhere. 

Name me a few tests where Ailaa's batting won a test overseas. I can cite examples of Dravid, Laxman and even Sehwag.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, raki05 said:

Phattu team lost 4-1, 2-1,2-0 against 3 out of 4 sena countries. Whereas current Sena team is no where closure to the one they have between 2000 -2011. We have won NZ and eng and drawn in aus and sa during that period and somehow phattu, bewda and few icfer tried to made us believe as if it was some kind of achievement what they did in past few years.

I think this year's NZ tour has burst the last bubble. And almost all ICFers are in agreement about the aukaat of this team and TM.

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/24/2020 at 7:21 PM, maniac said:

Smith also played match winning knocks in WC 2015 semis and finals. A 100 and a 50, and also was the top and sole scorer in the 2019 semis which they lost.

Also 2015 QF, tamed Wahab Riaz while other Aussie batsmen were jumping like cats on hot tin roof. What Smith has done in WC KOs is unlikely to be matched ever again. 

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, Audiophile said:

Name me a few tests where Ailaa's batting won a test overseas. I can cite examples of Dravid, Laxman and even Sehwag.

I said fab 4 bro. Not tendulkar alone.

 

And i stand by what i said fab 4 would have won more overseas with the current bowling attack.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, raki05 said:

Phattu team lost 4-1, 2-1,2-0 against 3 out of 4 sena countries. Whereas current Sena team is no where closure to the one they have between 2000 -2011. We have won NZ and eng and drawn in aus and sa during that period and somehow phattu, bewda and few icfer tried to made us believe as if it was some kind of achievement what they did in past few years.

As if wc semifinal loss wasn't enough they went and lost both odis/tests in NZ.

 

tenor.gif

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Stan AF said:

I said fab 4 bro. Not tendulkar alone.

 

And i stand by what i said fab 4 would have won more overseas with the current bowling attack.

 

 

Besides Kohli and Pujara, the rest are useless, so I agree with your assessment. This bunch has a better bowling attack.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...