Jofra Archer- what’s the big deal?

I know he has a killer  short ball but so does Wahab Riaz or Fidel Edwards.

I don’t see anything that matches the hype.

Anderson and  Broad look like they can take a wicket on every delivery but Archer seems very innocuous.

He is not even like Tino Best or Shaun Tait who would look average but speed guns would read 150+. 

I see him trundling at 85MPH right now and may be he can and has the ability to get it close to 90 mph but what is the big deal there?

English commies are discussing him like he is the 2nd coming of Marshall.

I think he is overhyped.

Edited by maniac
Just now, Stan AF said:

Nasty near 90mph short ball at the ribs gets campbell.

Yeah that was a good ball. Made to look better than it was with poor technique.

I do agree he has a great short ball but seems too one dimensional to me.

He will get those 1-2 wickets but can he run through sides?

1 hour ago, maniac said:

let them consistently land it 1st 

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Anderson and  Broad look like they can take a wicket on every delivery but Archer seems very innocuous

will be a diff case in australia , those are best in their conditions

1 hour ago, maniac said:

He is not even like Tino Best or Shaun Tait who would look average but speed guns would read 150+.

they were highly wayward, archer has godo control 

1 hour ago, maniac said:

I see him trundling at 85MPH right now and may be he can and has the ability to get it close to 90 mph but what is the big deal there?

coming of an injury, u cant just wakeup form an injuy and bowl quick and its not easy bowling 90mph every game.....

Post comeback u need game time to build rhythem 

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he has a good yorker to which is why he is successful in t20 around the world 

Ok 2 trick pony. May be an upcoming version of Starc who is an ordinary test bowler as well. It shows yorker and bouncer strategy can get you only that far.

Edited by maniac
Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

starc avg 27....

35+ can be said ordinary not 27 and he is yet to retire

Starc can swing the ball 

And that’s why he is miles better but what I am saying is Archer can at best be a poor man’s Starc like back in the day they had Darren Gough who was a poor man’s Waqar Younis but still was their best odi bowler and did decently in tests.

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

Ok 2 trick pony. May be an upcoming version of Starc who is an ordinary test bowler as well. It shows yorker and bouncer strategy can get you only that far.

we celebrate Zak,Srinath, Kapil, Ishant, Shami in test and all avg more then him....im not saying they were ATG but definately not ordinary bowlers

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

we celebrate Zak,Srinath, Kapil, Ishant, Shami in test and all avg more then him....im not saying they were ATG but definately not ordinary bowlers

Archer isn’t close to them. Also I am not saying Archer is some vinay kumar Dinda type bowler.

All I am saying is all this “Archer is going to injure all the batsman” “Batsmen are scared to face him” “He is super phaaasasht” is a bit too much overhype.

Shami, Ishant and Umesh or as I said Broad,Anderson all have had much more scarier spells than Archer.

Just now, maniac said:

And that’s why he is miles better but what I am saying is Archer can at best be a poor man’s Starc like back in the day they had Darren Gough who was a poor man’s Waqar Younis but still was their best odi bowler and did decently in tests.

to early to pass any judgement specially when guy hasnt played 10 test even....players improve and add skills.

No many comes as complete packages . 

He is the perfect addition to that england attack who struggles in other conditions where u need pace. 

Also why does every have to extra ordinary sometimes u need to do the job for the team , england for long needed guys like archer n wood 

4 hours ago, maniac said:

I don’t see anything that matches the hype.

Anderson and  Broad look like they can take a wicket on every delivery but Archer seems very innocuous.

English commies are discussing him like he is the 2nd coming of Marshall.

I think he is overhyped.

Lmao he is having a one mid series after having a great start to his career.  I was seeing Bumrah trundling at 82mph vs NZ in 1st test looking completely non threatening.  Does that mean he is average?  Hell no. 

Edited by Lone Wolf