Uncapped players to look out for in IPL

Ankit_sharma03

1. Devdutt- a mix of Gayle n Yuvi 
  2. Riyan parag- He caught my eye in u-19, last year impressed with his temperament in tough situations...hoping he takes it to next level. Very good potential for Indian middle order
  3. Sarfraz khan- there wasnt a doubt about his talent but he seems to lost his way in between but this season he pilled on mountains of runs for Mumbai. 
  4. Abdul Samad- Cleanest hitter of the ball i have seen in India after yusuf n dhoni, bowls part time leg spin as well
  5. Abhishek sharma- elegant, has all the time in world while batting....also can bowl. One of the best potential 
  6. SKY- a perfect t20 player who has a unique range of shots and very indian player who can bat at a high s/r in lower middle order
  7. Gopal- One of the best t20 spinner in India acc to me, the guy has had likes of ABDV n Kohli in serious trouble....sadly he is not even in A setup
  8. Nitish Rana- Middle order stroke player who can bowl....kind of player we want
  9. Prasidh krishna- well captain has an eye on him, very good LOI prospect 
  10. Ishan kishen- time to grab opportunity since pant is on dodgy ground
  11. Ankit rajpoot- baffling how this guy isnt even in A setup
  12. Mavi- here is hoping he plays n stays fit 
  13. Nagarkotti- Same hoping he stays fit 
  14. Bishnoi- reminds me a bit of tahir and he cudnt have asked for a better coach then kumble 
  15. Ishan porel- many didnt rate him but he has performed in Domestic 
  16. Warrier- another one who has been performing in domestic 
  17. K gowtham - another LOI prospect who is a good lower order slogger as well 
  18. Virat singh- has a knack of playing knocks under pressure for his team
  19. Priyam garg- U-19 captain, another talented lad lets see how he progresses 
  20. Avesh khan- Another National prospect 
  21. Yashaswi jaiswal 
  22. Josh phillippe - Always excited to see a young australian talent

These are just the uncapped bench strength we have, thats how deep our bench strength is. Not all will progress right but the ones that do will become to players in world . 

8 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Our national team desperately need some bowlers. The question is who after Bumrah-Shami-Ishant-Bhuvi? Likes of Khaleel Ahmed, Siddhart Kaul, Unadkat's are not the answer. We have plenty of batsmen but need to create a pool of backup seamers. So I am looking out for any potential fast bowler to emerge from IPL.

there are many but arent been given opp at right time in right formats. 

Also t20 is a the harshest format to judge a bowler 

1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Our national team desperately need some bowlers. The question is who after Bumrah-Shami-Ishant-Bhuvi? Likes of Khaleel Ahmed, Siddhart Kaul, Unadkat's are not the answer. We have plenty of batsmen but need to create a pool of backup seamers. So I am looking out for any potential fast bowler to emerge from IPL.

Siddharth Kaul,unadkat will not be in scheme of things im sure,Khaleel needs to work hard he can comeback stronger,he is a prospect but we do have a huge pool to look at Mavi,Nagarkoti,Prasidh,Saini,Avesh,Kuldeep Sen,Porel,Karthik Tyagi(in a year time),Sushant Misra,Akash,Prithviraj Yarra,Akashdeep etc, don't loose hope,we have tremendous bench strength,they just have to be given proper opportunity

Edited by Suhaan

there are many but arent been given opp at right time in right formats. 
Also t20 is a the harshest format to judge a bowler 
But Parosis keep on producing good seamers like Hasan Ali (was good once upon a time), Hasnain, Shinwari and now Naseem Shah via PSL. Why are we not able to do the same in IPL?

Also in every U19 WC I see promising bowlers like Nagarkotti, Mavi, Porel, Karthik Tyagi etc but never hear about them again (after the world cup). Where are they and why they dont get picked in national side? Admittedly I dont follow domestic cricket but all I see is we pick likes of Shardul Thakur, Khaleel ahmed, Unadkat etc as back up bowlers.

We have a golden quatret of bowlers now (Bhuvi-Shami-Bumrah-Ishant). But I am just worried about who after them and what is the road map?

We will keep on producing top batsmen...so no worries there but its the bowlers we need to create backups.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

But Parosis keep on producing good seamers like Hasan Ali (was good once upon a time), Hasnain, Shinwari and now Naseem Shah via PSL. Why are we not able to do the same in IPL?

Also in every U19 WC I see promising bowlers like Nagarkotti, Mavi, Porel, Karthik Tyagi etc but never hear about them again (after the world cup). Where are they and why they dont get picked in national side? Admittedly I dont follow domestic cricket but all I see is we pick likes of Shardul Thakur, Khaleel ahmed, Unadkat etc as back up bowlers.

We have a golden quatret of bowlers now (Bhuvi-Shami-Bumrah-Ishant). But I am just worried about who after them and what is the road map?

We will keep on producing top batsmen...so no worries there but its the bowlers we need to create backups.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

They have that liberty just because they have trash teams across formats we have a settled team which doesn't allow us making massive changes,they don't have Amir,Riaz in tests allows them to try Naseem,we have Bumrah,Shami ,Ishant in tests ,with test championship on line we don't take risks even trying Saini in home conditions against SL,SA

They have no choice but to throw youngsters like Naseem,Hasnain(he is rubbish though),i like Shaheen he is leagues ahead

9 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

We also have , in their case we realise coz it easier to debut for pakistan then India now 

We have settled players and pakistan dont hence making debuts is easier. They are loosing their fast bowlers like we did post 2000s which is when a lot of fast bowlers was breaking in our side as well. 

It always hard to get in a good side then an avg side. 

But also to say our TM has lacked eye for talent, unfortunately in ipl bowlers like kaul , unadkat have worked hence they got their debut. IPL is a long tournament and pitches dry up which is an advantage to these kind of bowlers. Also as fan we are also harsh, if a bowler does well and gets clobbered in 2-3 games we will call him overhype and all or mentally meek ....look no further then ICF

Pakistan traditionally have had the factory of producing raw talent but at this point India is producing more in numbers. 

20 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Also in every U19 WC I see promising bowlers like Nagarkotti, Mavi, Porel, Karthik Tyagi etc but never hear about them again (after the world cup).

all diff cases

Nagarkotti mavi have suffered serious injury somewhat like cummins in early part 

Porel has been doing great in domestic cricket

Karthik is just one season

As i said they cant make it to Indian team as easily as they wud have had for SL, PAk, Bang coz they are avg sides. This is like it was for Aus where someone like hussey had to wait for long to make debut as it was hard to get into that side. 

23 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

we have a huge bench strength 

saini already making his mark

Chahar has been excellent in t20 

Siraj if introduced in right format will be good 

Rest A lot of them like avesh, porel, warrier have been regular for India-A. In case of fast bowlers its difficult to predict due to injuries like a few years ago we were excited about nathu but he fell of radar due to injuries

21 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Also in every U19 WC I see promising bowlers like Nagarkotti, Mavi, Porel, Karthik Tyagi etc but never hear about them again (after the world cup). Where are they and why they dont get picked in national side?

I blame IPL for that. 

It's the only domestic tournament we (most) Indians watch and the only one where a player's calibre under pressure is put under test  but most of these bowlers never get picked by the teams or just rot on the bench for the whole season. 

Most teams play two spinners in the 11 and the one of the two fast bowlers spots are filled by foreign pacers most of the time. So that leaves just 1-2 places for Indian pacers. Makes it extremely tough to fit in these young bowlers 

1 minute ago, Vickydev said:

Shreyas Gopal shouldn't even be on that list, he should have been capped by now. What a disgrace it is that we are wasting someone who could be so useful in LOIs even as an AR maybe, when we have bowlers who cant score to save their lives.

gopal n rajpoot both shud have played for India by now and even sky in t20s 

Whatever happened to Krishnappa Gowtham who was picked for some insane amount or Natarajan from Chennai or some other fast bowler  I think he had a Muslim name from UP somewhere (don’t remember his name)

We need a tracker somewhere to see how all these

highly paid rookies have done since then.

Edited by maniac

47 minutes ago, maniac said:

Whatever happened to Krishnappa Gowtham

has been doing well for India-A regulalry in all formats 

who was picked for some insane amount or Natarajan from Chennai

Was found out  at higher level 

or some other fast bowler  I think he had a Muslim name from UP somewhere (don’t remember his name)

????

On 8/3/2020 at 11:58 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

1. Devdutt- a mix of Gayle n Yuvi 
  2. Riyan parag- He caught my eye in u-19, last year impressed with his temperament in tough situations...hoping he takes it to next level. Very good potential for Indian middle order
  3. Sarfraz khan- there wasnt a doubt about his talent but he seems to lost his way in between but this season he pilled on mountains of runs for Mumbai. 
  4. Abdul Samad- Cleanest hitter of the ball i have seen in India after yusuf n dhoni, bowls part time leg spin as well
  5. Abhishek sharma- elegant, has all the time in world while batting....also can bowl. One of the best potential 
  6. SKY- a perfect t20 player who has a unique range of shots and very indian player who can bat at a high s/r in lower middle order
  7. Gopal- One of the best t20 spinner in India acc to me, the guy has had likes of ABDV n Kohli in serious trouble....sadly he is not even in A setup
  8. Nitish Rana- Middle order stroke player who can bowl....kind of player we want
  9. Prasidh krishna- well captain has an eye on him, very good LOI prospect 
  10. Ishan kishen- time to grab opportunity since pant is on dodgy ground
  11. Ankit rajpoot- baffling how this guy isnt even in A setup
  12. Mavi- here is hoping he plays n stays fit 
  13. Nagarkotti- Same hoping he stays fit 
  14. Bishnoi- reminds me a bit of tahir and he cudnt have asked for a better coach then kumble 
  15. Ishan porel- many didnt rate him but he has performed in Domestic 
  16. Warrier- another one who has been performing in domestic 
  17. K gowtham - another LOI prospect who is a good lower order slogger as well 
  18. Virat singh- has a knack of playing knocks under pressure for his team
  19. Priyam garg- U-19 captain, another talented lad lets see how he progresses 
  20. Avesh khan- Another National prospect 
  21. Yashaswi jaiswal 
  22. Josh phillippe - Always excited to see a young australian talent

These are just the uncapped bench strength we have, thats how deep our bench strength is. Not all will progress right but the ones that do will become to players in world . 

Hype, more hype and eventual disappointments!