India vs Pakistan in England (Tests)

Norman

Can poyyzz beat us in England ? They have performed comfortably better than us in Eng over the past decade. So let's say we play a 4 game series with matches at OT, Lords, EB and Oval. 

I know it's all hypothetic, but I seriously think they can give us a run for our money irrespective of toss. 

Any good team can compete with India in swinging conditions esp. if it has a decent bowling attack. In Eng, it can also depend upon the season when a series is scheduled. 

As for Pak, it struggles in places like Aus and SA, so why organize a hypothetical series in Eng? 

12 minutes ago, Norman said:

Curran and stokes too did a lot of damage with the ball last time around. Don't think it's down to Anderson and Broad. 

yes but when they have anderson n broad keeping pressure at other end......its will be a diff story post them. Support at other end makes massive diff

Srinath wud have had better avg if he had support 

Rabadda avg will also suffer as he ll lack support in future 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

2-2 or 3-1 in favor of Pak, they will win both the matches in London. 

We are Bangladesh level in England when it comes to tests while Pak plays at 120% there. We just can't play swing, dunno when that will change. Also our 4th innings heroics :facepalm:

However we will smash them mercilessly in RSA/Aus/WI/SL/Ind/UAE/BD....not sure about NZ. Pak just can't handle bounce, and in SC conditions India operates at GOAT level. 

Edited by Gollum
2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

We are Bangladesh level in England when it comes to tests while Pak plays at 120% there. We just can't play swing, dunno when that will change. 

However we will smash them mercilessly in RSA/Aus/WI/SL/Ind/UAE/BD....not sure about NZ. 

Ah,,excuse me. Did you just see how we performed last year over there. Shastri was boasting about how we are the WI of this era and got knocked down 0-2. I'm sure WI or Aus in their prime would never go to NZ and get blown away like this.

Just now, Real McCoy said:

Ah,,excuse me. Did you just see how we performed last year over there. Shastri was boasting about how we are the WI of this era and got knocked down 0-2. I'm sure WI or Aus in their prime would never go to NZ and get blown away like this.

We are talking about the current Pak team, even they got blanked last time they were there, in fact in all formats. Overall we have sucked in NZ while Pak has done well, but talking about present teams. NZ pitches in recent times have spongy bounce which Pak batsmen don't like. 

Anderson and Broad aren't our problem when we play in England. 

Our batters just can't play the moving ball to save their lives. Period. A rookie like Jamieson ended up destroying us in NZ with just a hint of movement on patta wickets. If not Broad and Anderson, we'd have bowed down to woakes or Willey or Curran or wood. 

7 hours ago, Norman said:

Anderson and Broad aren't our problem when we play in England. 

Our batters just can't play the moving ball to save their lives. Period. A rookie like Jamieson ended up destroying us in NZ with just a hint of movement on patta wickets. If not Broad and Anderson, we'd have bowed down to woakes or Willey or Curran or wood. 

Jofra bhai bhi hain line main. 

I think it is more about concentration and grit while playing in England. 

Babar Azam and Shan Masood played with grit and judgement which also brought runs since loose balls were dispatched. 

8 hours ago, Gollum said:

We are Bangladesh level in England when it comes to tests while Pak plays at 120% there. We just can't play swing, dunno when that will change. Also our 4th innings heroics :facepalm:

However we will smash them mercilessly in RSA/Aus/WI/SL/Ind/UAE/BD....not sure about NZ. Pak just can't handle bounce, and in SC conditions India operates at GOAT level. 

I think it will also be interesting if matches are played in Pakistan/India during the winter season. 

6 hours ago, Autonomous said:

I think it will also be interesting if matches are played in Pakistan/India during the winter season. 

On typical SC tracks we have the edge, doesn't matter winter or summer. We do just fine against leggies so Yasir/Shadab will be neutralized, we outgun you in every department....batting, spin quality/depth, pace (even Umesh is deadly in SC), ruthlessness etc. 

Srsly PCB should shift their test matches to Eng, you can play ODIs/T20s in home/UAE but English conditions amplify the strengths of your test team like no other place on Earth. Also you get good support there, crowds won't bother attending test cricket in Pindi or Lahore, that was the case even when you had that star studded side in 90s. Ijaz Butt is history, no reason why you can't strike a deal with ECB. 

Edited by Gollum

If Pakistan manages to beat Eng & NZ this time away...  Then we maybe probably looking at an IND V Pak final at lords.  NZ is the biggest threat to India & Australia is to Pakistan.  Damn that would bring back life to Test cricket.  But for that to happen India needs to beat Australia this time  & Pakistan needs to pull off a victory in kiwiland.  Tough scenario but is realistically possible. 

If just skills were considered, the current Indian team is no match to the Pakistan one in English conditions. Their bowlers are ferocious and batsmen seem to have more grit. However, India Pakistan matches are always more than just skill. I expect Pakistan team to suffer mental capitulation somehow at some point and India will use it to our advantage. 60-40 in India's favor. 

Edited by Sandeep99
1 hour ago, Sandeep99 said:

Their bowlers are ferocious and batsmen seem to have more grit

Ferocious ? Really ? 

They're quite good I agree, slightly better than our bowlers as of now (in England) but that's about it. 

It's too early to be honest. We should reserve our judgement for when the series ends.