Transcending Fear - Risk Taking In Extreme Sports

EnterTheVoid

The psychology of risk taking fascinates me, especially in the context of "Extreme Sports".

I took the below picture at an altitude of 6.5 kilometres above sea level.

It seems like my mate and I are having a Sunday picnic conversation in the backdrop of the Himalayas. However, the picture is very deceptive.

At those altitudes, there are lots of things that can kill you - Spend enough time at high altitudes and you put yourself at risk of "cerebral edema" (buildup of excess fluid in the brain) and "pulmonary edema" (buildup of excess fluid in the lungs).

Life is miserable at high altitude - It's cold, windy, you're constantly dehydrated, everything takes forever to get done. It's one long exercise in pain and misery.

Maybe that's why we do it.

DSC00706.jpg

Edited by EnterTheVoid

Fear, Extreme sports, Pain, Misery, Cold and windy conditions, psychology, things that can kill you namely health problems with fluid buildup is mentioned by the OP who also has a cross dressing man with lipstick and makeup as the avatar which is all an indication of this graha in vedic astrology @velu@Jimmy Cliff

Shani: The God of Karma. - AstroTalk Blog - Online Astrology ...

So don't take any advice from this guy/gal/it as he seems to be under the influence of this feared graha. "do it anyway" without your parents approval is probably the worst advice. The only ones who care about you is your parents, siblings and close relatives/friends

Edit: Sports is not ruled by this graha but when it comes to EXTREME he very much is involved as in extremism fundamentalism, etc

Edited by Real McCoy

23 hours ago, EnterTheVoid said:

The psychology of risk taking fascinates me, especially in the context of "Extreme Sports".

I took the below picture at an altitude of 6.5 kilometres above sea level.

It seems like my mate and I are having a Sunday picnic conversation in the backdrop of the Himalayas. However, the picture is very deceptive.

At those altitudes, there are lots of things that can kill you - Spend enough time at high altitudes and you put yourself at risk of "cerebral edema" (buildup of excess fluid in the brain) and "pulmonary edema" (buildup of excess fluid in the lungs).

Life is miserable at high altitude - It's cold, windy, you're constantly dehydrated, everything takes forever to get done. It's one long exercise in pain and misery.

Maybe that's why we do it.

DSC00706.jpg

Which peak is this?