Western Indologists and Marxist Historians

coffee_rules

This nexus has done more injustice to Indian socio-political scene than anybody else. 

Starting from AIT influencing Dravidian politics, caste system and distortion of History.

Western Indologists have always pitted Buddhism against Ills of Hinduism. History of Ashoka is prime example. They concocted a story about how he turned to Buddhism after repenting Kalinga. It was always known that this story was not true, he had turned to Buddhism much before Kalinga. This is still taught in our schools., mainly to promote the narrative that Buddhism good Hinduism bad.

It is not about when he turned a pacifist, but about attributing pacifism to his buddhist influences which is not evident even after Kalinga war. He is known to have been aggressive even after his so-called conversion from Hinduism to Buddhism.

Edited by coffee_rules

Rajiv Malhotra is the leading figure exposing such people, should check his videos.

Yet, the reality is it's our own people who have either been sold out completely, or don't do their homework (due diligence). Our temples, mutts have given them completely authority to translate our materials in different languages, and thus, the misconceptions, false information happens. The worst part, is our own people today learn our history, religion from their books.....

On 8/9/2020 at 11:36 PM, coffee_rules said:

This nexus has done more injustice to Indian socio-political scene than anybody else. 

Starting from AIT influencing Dravidian politics, caste system and distortion of History.

Western Indologists have always pitted Buddhism against Ills of Hinduism. History of Ashoka is prime example. They concocted a story about how he turned to Buddhism after repenting Kalinga. It was always known that this story was not true, he had turned to Buddhism much before Kalinga. This is still taught in our schools., mainly to promote the narrative that Buddhism good Hinduism bad.

is not about when he turned a pacifist, but about attributing pacifism to his buddhist influences which is not evident even after Kalinga war. He is known to have been aggressive even after his so-called conversion from Hinduism to Buddhism.

Out of curiousity; how can you conclude the part in bold? How are you so certain about the sequence?

Always known to whom? 

Some guy, who is unverified on twitter, says so. It seems like something that would fit a certain victim-hood narrative, and you are ready to believe it no questions asked!

3 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Out of curiousity; how can you conclude the part in bold? How are you so certain about the sequence?

Always known to whom? 

Some guy, who is unverified on twitter, says so. It seems like something that would fit a certain victim-hood narrative, and you are ready to believe it no questions asked!

Not from Twitter, but outside by intellects, books citations, even by western intellectuals. I just copied a trending topic .  Read books from Sanjeev Sanyal , Koenraad Elat and know about there are different versions of Ashokas. Even from Sinhala accounts. 

Besides. This account always cites authentic sources and not blabber out of his orifice

1 minute ago, coffee_rules said:

Not from Twitter, but outside by intellects, books citations, even by western intellectuals. I just copied a trending topic .  Read books from Sanjeev Sanyal , Koenraad Elat and know about there are different versions of Ashokas. Even from Sinhala accounts. 

Besides. This account always cites authentic sources and not blabber out of his orifice

Isn't the entire premise of your thread that Western Intellectuals/ Indologists a part of the problem? 

But my basic question remains unanswered. These books that you speak of, they are by modern historians/authors who have derived a sequence based on some sources from those times. 

If there are different versions of Ashoka, how do *you* know which version to believe in? Why are these set of people right?

Let me rephrase my question:

The Western Indologists who you accuse of misappropriating facts; are their sources the same as those whom you hold in high regard? If yes, then why discrepancy even in basic stuff like year in which Ashoka took to Buddhist beliefs? Or do they have access to an entirely new set of documents that the earlier historians didn't have access to?

44 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Isn't the entire premise of your thread that Western Intellectuals/ Indologists a part of the problem? 

But my basic question remains unanswered. These books that you speak of, they are by modern historians/authors who have derived a sequence based on some sources from those times. 

If there are different versions of Ashoka, how do *you* know which version to believe in? Why are these set of people right?

Let me rephrase my question:

The Western Indologists who you accuse of misappropriating facts; are their sources the same as those whom you hold in high regard? If yes, then why discrepancy even in basic stuff like year in which Ashoka took to Buddhist beliefs? Or do they have access to an entirely new set of documents that the earlier historians didn't have access to?

I think it is a case of ignoring facts. We had forgotten Ashoka in our Puranas and there was a question of the edicts. Britishers made a big deal of Ashokas edicts and his so called conversion, he had converted much earlier as per some edicts and proofs, while Kalinga and many wars after Kalinga were brutally fought after his so called conversions. Our puranas remembered more of Chandragupta Maurya and Chanakya (Arthashastra etc) which they don’t acknowledge. It is as if western academic view of our puranas and history is totally being questioned in the scholarly spaces as well as SM.  But in NCERT texts we still teach that Ashoka turned pacifist and Romilla Thapar even goes ahead and says Ashoka was an inspiration to Yudhhistira of Mahabharata and the whole chronology goes for a toss.