Fawad Alam dismissal

Didn't watch his old videos alot but from whatever i have seen he looks like has changed his stance. I kept reading about his first class record and all for so many years but then why didn't pak play him even single test? he didn't fail too badly before getting dropped as well.

Edited by Nikola

With that kinda stance and movement, he is always a sitting duck for the ball coming in. Chanders used it heavily against Srinath because he knew, Sri can't bring the ball back. He was not that successful in Aus and SA and against Pak where you had a left arm seamer in Wasim Akram who could bring the ball back.

When you are moving towards the offside when the ball is delivered your whole momentum is going that way and you can't handle the cut back and your bat will jam against the pad that has just moved in or you have to play around the ball towards midwicket for a straighter ball. I don't think there was any venom in that ball. It was just a simple ball that straightened after pitching. I would mark it on poor technique from Fawad.

Hopefully he is not copying Steve Smith's rise to fame by adopting his technique. Steve Smith has an ugly technique but it somehow works for him because he has excellent hand eye coordination. He also doesn't move that much I reckon. Smith also plays straight balls towards midwicket but he usually connects and somehow keeps the pads out of the way to stop the bat-pad jamming