Dravid struggling in T20

Guest HariSampath

Dravid struggling in T20  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Guest HariSampath

Folkz...today we have seen the LAST PROOF that Dravid is going out of cricket, shamed and disgraced, exposed and humiliated....facking he took 1 million for THIS ??? come on RD fans...honest answers

Folkz...today we have seen the LAST PROOF that Dravid is going out of cricket' date=' shamed and disgraced, exposed and humiliated....facking he took 1 million for THIS ??? come on RD fans...honest answers[/quote'] hari ivalo ga ndu ah RD mele :omg:..well he may not be performin in 20 20 but that doesn mean that v dont need him in tests..v need him as much as v need SRT in tests..

Folkz...today we have seen the LAST PROOF that Dravid is going out of cricket' date=' shamed and disgraced, exposed and humiliated....facking he took 1 million for THIS ??? come on RD fans...honest answers[/quote'] Huh? Talk bout over-reactions....... IRRESPECTIVE of how good or bad he fares in T20, Rahul Sharad Dravid will stil remain one of THE best cricketers to have ever played for India, and not someone who is going out of cricket 'shamed and disgraced, exposed and humiliated'. And btw, where is your critcism of Sanath Jayasuriya? He took a million and hasnt done much has he? :P

Huh? Talk bout over-reactions....... IRRESPECTIVE of how good or bad he fares in T20, Rahul Sharad Dravid will stil remain one of THE best cricketers to have ever played for India, and not someone who is going out of cricket 'shamed and disgraced, exposed and humiliated'. And btw, where is your critcism of Sanath Jayasuriya? He took a million and hasnt done much has he? :P
3rd costliest player in IPL

A million slogs and heaves across the line for sixes wont equal his 233 in Adelaide or his 270 in Rawalpindi or his century at Leeds. I have more respect for Dravid than I have for guys like Morkel, McCullum, Afridi, Yusuf etc put together.

Guest Hiten.

SG, RD struggling in T20 is reminiscent of Gavaskar struggling in ODI's infancy period. It takes time to adopt a whole new ball game. Save your criticism and give these fellas atleast a full complete season to 'taste' T20 dish.

Guest HariSampath

^ Over reactions ? Are you kidding ? Any cricket player who has played 12 years International cricket will have minimum 2 things in him. 1. analysis of game situation and what it takes 2. Putting his team's interest before everything else. You please answer these questions. 1. A seasoned veteran like Dravid , supposedly one of India's best cricketers...had he known what a limited overs game is all about ? Does he know what it takes to win a T20 match ? Was that the kind of team he would select for winning a T20 match ? Chanderpaul, Boucher, kallis, Kumble, Sunil Joshi et al ? 2. has he put his team above him ? Take today's game ( just ONE example, there are dozen other examples). His bowlers did a great job and with a 130 to win off 16 overs, the match was there to be won...just 8.2 rpo. Dravid should know very well that his best 3-4 hitters should play maximum, or all of the 16 overs. What does he do ? He comes in to bat in the 5th over and bats till 10th over...19 runs are added, he himself plays out 11 balls for 5 runs...shows NO intent of hitting, and then gets out. Players like Cameron White and Kohli, known as much better hitters cool their heels in the pavillion while all this is happening, and then the req runrate is 14+ per over. Dravid's team loses and the whole world knows why. And if this man has cricketing intelligence and is one of the GREATEST players , I am sorry..I am afraid he doesnt...even to the extent he doesnt realise where the game is headed and doesnt even sacrifice his wicket to allow others to try and win...just plods on and on and on at a 45% SR in a 16 overs game, kills momentum and like a fat man in a bus sitting on 5 seats in the ladies row and grinning in an evil manner at old ladies standing, he occupies space and time and makes the job impossible for his team. Dravid fully deserves to be kicked out of cricket , disgraced and shamed...he has done all this to himself and no one desreves it more than him.

Guest Hiten.
Dravid fully deserves to be kicked out of cricket , disgraced and shamed...he has done all this to himself and no one desreves it more than him.
That is just coming out of nowhere. RD deserved to be out ODI and T20, which we have done. Test cricket is still RD's forte and I think he can still play test matches for atleast 1 and half year. T20 performance should not be counted when picking test team and vice-versa.

Guest HariSampath

A cricket match is NOT the place to get used to a format , putting the team behind. If Dravid cannot bat in T20...he SHOULD NOT PLAY...and even when he is playing if he knows that because of him his team is losing, he should allow others the best chance of trying for a win. I know I am called a "Dravid hater" but this is my analysis of his batting...slow, pointless, plod, plod plod along as if the team doesnt matter a damn....eeeewk...whadda facked up cricket player.

Guest HariSampath
That is just coming out of nowhere. RD deserved to be out ODI and T20, which we have done. Test cricket is still RD's forte and I think he can still play test matches for atleast 1 and half year. T20 performance should not be counted when picking test team and vice-versa.
I disagree...any cricketer who cannot understand what it takes to play , has lost his cricketing judgment and cricket intelligence, and so for this reason Dravid has to be dropped from tests too ( not on batting, but because he has lost the ability to judge cricketing situations and act appropriately) I would probably say the same thing if a player comes in with 2 balls needed to draw a test, 2 wkts in hand and 150 runs to win...only a draw/defeat is possible...if that player rushes out , slogs the first ball and gets stumped, and if India lose, I would say " drop him, not only from tests but also ODIs", because he didnt seem to understand what was needed then, and hardly had a thought for his team and we lost a game, so drop him from all forms of the game ...EVEN if that player is a brilliant ODI player.

^ 1. A seasoned veteran like Dravid , supposedly one of India's best cricketers...had he known what a limited overs game is all about ? Does he know what it takes to win a T20 match ? Was that the kind of team he would select for winning a T20 match ? Chanderpaul, Boucher, kallis, Kumble, Sunil Joshi et al ?
The B'lore squad is quite good, its not Rahul's fault if the men he chose didnt deliver. Cameron White is one of the WORLD's best T20 batsman, Kallis is one the THE hardest hitting wicket keeper batsman, Kallis is a fine all-rounder capable of some lusty hitting, Kohli is India's BEST U-19 batsman, Chanderpaul may look slow but he can definitely turn it on, if he wants to. Would anyone of us have thought Shane Watson would have succeeded so much? Would anyone have thought Mcgrath and Warne would still be able bowl so well. You can only pick your team, but its upto the players. Besides, T20 is such a lottery game that you can never say one team is better than other, based on results alone. BRC has been downright unlucky.
2. has he put his team above him ? Take today's game ( just ONE example' date=' there are dozen other examples). His bowlers did a great job and with a 130 to win off 16 overs, the match was there to be won...just 8.2 rpo. Dravid should know very well that his best 3-4 hitters should play maximum, or all of the 16 overs. What does he do ? He comes in to bat in the 5th over and bats till 10th over...19 runs are added, he himself plays out 11 balls for 5 runs...shows NO intent of hitting, and then gets out. Players like Cameron White and Kohli, known as much better hitters cool their heels in the pavillion while all this is happening, and then the req runrate is 14+ per over. Dravid's team loses and the whole world knows why.[/quote'] And this was the same Dravid who had scored a fighting 60 off 44 balls in his last game, a game in which none of his other team mates crossed 25. :P He backed himself, for obvious reasons. He is good enough. Too bad he didnt come off today.
And if this man has cricketing intelligence and is one of the GREATEST players ' date=' I am sorry..I am afraid he doesnt...even to the extent he doesnt realise where the game is headed and doesnt even sacrifice his wicket to allow others to try and win...just plods on and on and on at a 45% SR in a 16 overs game, kills momentum and like a fat man in a bus sitting on 5 seats in the ladies row and grinning in an evil manner at old ladies standing, he occupies space and time and makes the job impossible for his team.[/quote'] Hindsight is an excellent analysis tool, you know.
Dravid fully deserves to be kicked out of cricket ' date=' disgraced and shamed...he has done all this to himself and no one desreves it more than him.[/quote'] We can actually have a poll on this, whether Dravid ' fully deserves to kicked out of cricket, disgraced and shamed'. And what if the majority think you are wrong?

Guest HariSampath

^ I wouldnt give a damn what majority think... and ALL your points about BRC being a "good team" has been answered by me a dozen times in various threads....they are a pathetic side and thats becasuse the team was planned by Dravid...now wait and see what Mallaya does...that will be the last nail in Dravid's coffin

Guest HariSampath

gambo, can you please add a poll to this thread. Question : "Does Rahul Dravid understand the T20 game as a batsman and as a captain, and what it takes to win" Options : Just Yes or No. Thnks

And you are a ****ing shithole without a brain. My logic is just about as good as yours if you are calling Dravid a disgraceful batsman. He is the ONLY player in Indian cricket who has never played for himself and always for the team. If you claim to have watched Cricket over the past 30 years and you're unable to grasp this, wow.

^ I wouldnt give a damn what majority think... and ALL your points about BRC being a "good team" has been answered by me a dozen times in various threads....they are a pathetic side and thats becasuse the team was planned by Dravid...now wait and see what Mallaya does...that will be the last nail in Dravid's coffin
T20 is a lottery. No one team can keep winning, esp given the franchise based nature of IPL and the distribution of talent. Punjab lost its first two, but won 5 in a row. Madras won 4 in a row, but then lost 3. Mumbai started horrendously, but have recovered. There is no way anyone can give definitive judgments on the apparent strengths and weaknesses of teams. Just because BRC lost 5, doesnt make it a bad team. They may have played poorly, they may have gotten their team composition wrong, but their squad is pretty good. They were one the least affected by the exodus of players after two weeks. If anything, one has to question the wisdom of teams like CSK, who selected THREE Aussie and Kiwi players, despite knowing the fact that they would be leaving in 2 weeks. And surely, you would appreciate a public poll. After you had asked for one, when there was an earlier issue with Dravid, didnt you ?