IPL - Trades and Acquisitions

swami1984

well the point is rohan bowling is not royals weakness and vaas is not that extraordinary in this tournament, besides warne think highly of dimitri so dont know he would do that cuz warne is running the show there and also i think dimitri contrwact is pretty cheap

well the point is rohan bowling is not royals weakness and vaas is not that extraordinary in this tournament' date=' besides warne think highly of dimitri so dont know he would do that cuz warne is running the show there and also i think dimitri contrwact is pretty cheap[/quote'] yea i want him to give up Tanvir, Hyd would love to have Tanvir.

Bangalore will surely be looking to make some changes and despite all the criticism they have received, a couple of tweaks in the line up can make their side competitive(at least the playing XI, if not the bench strength). From the current lot they can play : Foreign Players : 1. Misbah 2. Boucher 3. Steyn/Bracken 4. White Indian Players : 5. Dravid 6. Kohli 7. Zaheer 8. P Kumar 9. They need to get a good spinner. Panesar is someone they should be able to get. 10. They need a quick scorer and should be able to trade out Kallis for Nayar/Venu realistically. 11. They can try to get a batsman like Asnodkar or Butt, some opener who is not playing all the matches in his team but doing reasonably well. An XI like above doesn't look all that bad a team and they would be on track next year. Also, getting someone like Tharanga can boost them as well.

I'd like to see Delhi pick a good middle order batsman. Preferably Pietersen, but that isn't a realistic possibility. Perhaps Punjab could be persuaded to trade Luke Pomersbach. I wouldn't mind seeing Malik or Karthik make way for him. If Paul Collingwood is willing to play in the IPL, i'd pick him in a heart-beat. I wouldn't mind a Shaun Marsh-like unknown from Australia either. Seen a few highlights of Aiden Blizzard - he would be perfect and i am sure he would come cheap too. Tiwary has to go. Don't know if Kolkata want him or not, but i just hope someone takes him. Don't mind seeing Karthik p issing off either - AB de Villiers is much better. If Delhi need a reserve 'keeper to replace him, a trade with Bangalore would be perfect - they can have Tiwary or Karthik, and Delhi can get Goswami. I'd also like to see the back of YoMahesh if a bowler like RP Singh or Ishant is available. RP deserves to play for a better team, one better than Hyderabad My ideal Delhi team would be; Gambhir, Sehwag, Dhawan, de Villiers, Blizzard, Maharoof, Goswami+, Mishra, Sangwan, RP Singh, McGrath

With salary caps in place, franchises stuck with non performers earning BIG pay packets, such as Kallis, are not gonna be able to make trades that easily. Who will buy Kallis or Dravid or Ganguly at their respective prices ? Among the foreign players those who are warming the bench (Sangakarra, Vaas, Styris, Zoysa) will be candidates for a trade deal. Indian utility players (Nayar, Munaf, Praveen Kumar, Asnodhkar etc) may be the easiest to trade, as they dont come with the salary baggage, usually. Such trades will also make sense for the teams involved, as they would be getting a fair deal out of the trade.

My ideal line up for Hyderabad next year Starting Line up: 1. Gilchrist © 2. Laxman (VC) 3. Sharma 4. Symonds 5. Venugopal 6. Flintoff 7. Bangar 8. Vaas 9. RP Singh 10. Ohja 11. Vijay Kumar Reserves Dwaraka Ravi teja Chamara Silva Sarvesh Kumar Kalyan Krishna Other pick ups through trades Must Go Gibbs Afridi Yadav Zoysa Styris -Would serve better on another team, well of course not Yadav

Does anyone know why Sangakarra is benched ? Does he carry an injury ? Or does Yuvraj feel threatened by Sanga's presence ? The reason I ask is that the last game Sanga played, Sanga was setting fields & Yuvraj didnt seem to like it.

Does anyone know why Sangakarra is benched ? Does he carry an injury ? Or does Yuvraj feel threatened by Sanga's presence ? The reason I ask is that the last game Sanga played' date=' Sanga was setting fields & Yuvraj didnt seem to like it.[/quote'] Your kidding me right? how can you bench Sanga.

Does anyone know why Sangakarra is benched ? Does he carry an injury ? Or does Yuvraj feel threatened by Sanga's presence ? The reason I ask is that the last game Sanga played' date=' Sanga was setting fields & Yuvraj didnt seem to like it.[/quote'] wow people always find stuff to put down , yuvi awesome

I think Sanga needs to be traded his full potential is not being used by Punjab.
lol he is injured and taking it easy to heal, yes punjab is not doin this and that , maybe they r just stuoids they dont know how to use there potential , maybe ban them for next edition of ipl.

Bumper' date=' starting next year, there will be no cap I believe. That's what I read somewhere.[/quote'] That would only help foster the growth of the game. Look at the NBA, NFL, MLB the salary caps are way high and thats what has defined these sport organizations.