bhajji or YKP for ODIs?

fineleg

bhajji or YKP for ODIs?  

1. 1.

• Bhajji
    • Yusuf Pathan
    • both in the 11...who will u leave out?
    • Other options - explain

yousuf pathan is a pretty crap bowler in front of bajji i don't really like the comparison b etween the two.. i don't know what made u compare both of them..
I agree finey the comparison is not appropriate

ill go with bhajji..coz v already have a lot of hitters and provided IKP is back to his belligerent best in batting i dont think YKP wud find a spot..bhajji is far better bowler than YKP and he can well not always but sometimes turn the match around with his bowling..also YKP is more of an impact player so its always gonna be 50-50 with him..he wud be a gud addition to the squad but not in the expense of bhajji..maybe v can drop Uthappa in certain matches and try YKP..its not like Uthappa is setting the world on fire with his batting..he is also giving the odd 30s and 40s..

Its an idea. Not a bad one either. Bhajji must be feeling the heat with these allrounders doing well. Its only a matter of time before Yusuf Pathan gets a look in the ODI team. Who he will replace is still a tricky question. But some of the candidates could be Uthappa, Karthik, or even Bhajji. Bhajji has made a reputation where the batsmen usually tend to respect him in the shorter version of the game and he usually his overs are quite economical. What this will do is improve the batting and make it 'dangerous' and possibly unpredictable.

Its an idea. Not a bad one either. Bhajji must be feeling the heat with these allrounders doing well. Its only a matter of time before Yusuf Pathan gets a look in the ODI team. Who he will replace is still a tricky question. But some of the candidates could be Uthappa, Karthik, or even Bhajji. Bhajji has made a reputation where the batsmen usually tend to respect him in the shorter version of the game and he usually his overs are quite economical. What this will do is improve the batting and make it 'dangerous' and possibly unpredictable.
Yes Bhajji is economical.But he is not taking wickets. YKP's bowling is lower than Bhajji, thats correct. However YKP can bat and the question is can he bowl decent spin if not as good as Bhajji...I guess many feel he cannot bowl 8 overs of good spin, and that may be a fair assessment.

This is so stupid' date=' only Whiney could start such a thread. Do you guys mind me closing it ?[/quote'] Of course we mind anyone using their power to close whatever they or even others consider disagreeable we are Indians not Pakistanis Mr Predator thet we should use dictatorship finey's comparison is inappropriate IMO but I would rather see opposing that put their points forward rather than close the thread I didn't sign up for Taliban membership when I joined ICF

Of course we mind anyone using their power to close whatever they or even others consider disagreeable we are Indians not Pakistanis Mr Predator thet we should use dictatorship finey's comparison is inappropriate IMO but I would rather see opposing that put their points forward rather than close the thread I didn't sign up for Taliban membership when I joined ICF
:hysterical:

Of course we mind anyone using their power to close whatever they or even others consider disagreeable we are Indians not Pakistanis Mr Predator thet we should use dictatorship finey's comparison is inappropriate IMO but I would rather see opposing that put their points forward rather than close the thread I didn't sign up for Taliban membership when I joined ICF
I could not have said it better :two_thumbs_up: Take that u predz :finger: BTW - whether you agree or not - the reasons for bhajji vs YKP post is explained: http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=410910&postcount=12

i cant understand whats so wrong with yusuf pathans bowling. among spinners, yusuf pathan was the 2nd highest wicket-taker in ranji trophy with 27 wickets, behind only piyush chawla. also, yusuf pathan bowled baroda to a few wins with his off-spin bowling itself. yusuf pathan, even took west zone to a win on his spin bowling alone against england a in the duleep trophy. and yusuf pathan is a economical bowler as well for odi & 20/20 & should be able to bowl his 10 overs conceding <50 runs in an odi & with his batting, he can change the course of the odi within 3-4 overs. and if players like afridi can play for pakistan, then y cant a player similar in bowling & 10x better than him in batting play for india and i would also like to have yusuf pathan as a off-spin option in test matches as well.. his bowling is more suited to the longer version of the game. amit mishra & piyush chawla r leg-spinners

yusuf cannot fill in for a proper bowler. bowlers 1 to 4 need to have world class skills to trouble the best of batsmen, its only on the fifth bowler in oen dayers, there can be some compromise. even if harbhajan is taken off, chawla is there.