Dhoni ko dho diya

Yuvraj4Captaincy

I never said you said that :wink_smile: but why do you want Dhoni to fail? Unless his failure somehow helps India?
well I dont want him to fail but I like when he fails in this ipl..if it makes any sense..lolllll Just like plenty of ppl on this forum dont want yuvi to succeed..nothing new here.

well to put it this way. I think he is a very overrated captain and ppl gave him lot of credit for winning twenty20(in which he didnt do anything) and cb series(nothing much he did).I would liek to see if ppl own up to him being responsible for the losses or they blame it on the team.

well to put it this way. I think he is a very overrated captain and ppl gave him lot of credit for winning twenty20(in which he didnt do anything) and cb series(nothing much he did).I would liek to see if ppl own up to him being responsible for the losses or they blame it on the team.
He played crucial knocks against Pakistan and RSA(when India were on the verge of elimination).

I don't get it.... Yuvi has hardly done anything for Kings XI, but he his a good captain, but Dhoni is not because he didn't do anything in those series victories. So going by your logic, yuivi is a bad captain.

I don't get it.... Yuvi has hardly done anything for Kings XI' date=' but he his a good captain, but Dhoni is not because he didn't do anything in those series victories. So going by your logic, yuivi is a bad captain.[/quote'] he is just using the logic u guys use . if yuvi's team lose its yuvi's fault if they win then its b/c of srilankans in team and moody, rofl

rohan u dont need to get into yuvi discussion for good ' date=' dude, u already admitting yuvi is fine and case closed :giggle:[/quote'] Yuvi is a good batsmen in t20 and ODI's, not tests material and tests is what defines a good player. Yuvraj hasnt reached the level yet. Dhoni over Yuvraj anyday in captaincy. Case Closed.

Shwetabh, thanks for pouring some numbers in here. He had the highest average in the CB Series. Gambhir and Sachin came next. Not Yuvraj, who could only post one useful score of 76 against SL and got out in crucial time, and guess who got us over the line to make 240 to win that match - Dhoni. I'm by no means saying Yuvraj is a bad player - he's a terrific finisher and he needs to be in the ODI team definitely. But to say that Dhoni didn't do much in the CB Series is stupidity. He got us over when we couldn't easily chase 159. He stayed there till the end. Yuvraj made all of 3 runs. These sort of threads are made in bad taste without common sense. Idiots.

Dude you really need to get over your obsession of yuvraj being captain Dhoni's the captain, so get over it He's doing a good job, so support him For a long time i've thought Yuvraj will definitely be captain one day and I was kinda surprised when Dhoni was given the captaincy, but he's done an excellent job. So chill out and lets enjoy India's success

Yuvi isn't a bad player so isn't Dhoni. Dhoni has done well enough as captain of India in ODIs and that Yuvi hasn't. Dhoni is a permanent fixture in test cricket and Yuvi isn't. As for natural ability goes, Yuvi is way better than Dhoni but that doesn't mean Yuvi is more successful than Dhoni though. After Yuvi starts to become a permanent fixture in test team we will all hail him. For now he's a good player but not great.

Ravi, in terms of natural ability, Yuvraj maybe better than Dhoni - but what good is it if it doesn't help the team or if it isn't realized to the maximum potential. Dhoni might not be naturally gifted but he's a fighting character and his recent test knocks (apart from the recent series against SA) show that - while unfortunately, Yuvraj's doesn't. It has to do with maturity more than talent I think - so mental setup. Yuvraj is a flamboyant batsman - he likes to make his batting look good, which it does in ODIs - he's a free-flowing batsman when in form but he's gotta be prepared for some ugly knocks as well (Steve Waugh's terminology). I don't he's ready to play such an innings. When he rescued us against Pakistan at Bangalore, he played one of the best innings I've ever seen - he was terrific. He cannot expect himself to play such an innings everytime, he's got to be prepared to graft - everyone goes through that stage. Sachin, Dravid, Ganguly, Laxman, Dhoni, and Ponting, Hussey, etc. - all of them are prepared to graft if the situation requires which is why they're such a permanent fixtures in their respective teams.

Dhoni is one of the most complete cricketers out there. Rarely do we see such a combo of talent, temperament and a fighting character. Its not without reason that in less than 3 years, he has become India's biggest star in cricket. He is one of the best things to have happened to Indian cricket in the recent years. Just look at the results after he made his international debut and they will tell you the story. In fact, the only major blemish in Dhoni's career so far has been WC '07, but more than made up for it, with his performances in the T20 world cup and then the CB series. Dhoni is a rare jewel that need to preserved. Unfortunately, his free-flowing and frank interview style is often mistaken for arrogance by some of the fans here.

Ravi, in terms of natural ability, Yuvraj maybe better than Dhoni - but what good is it if it doesn't help the team or if it isn't realized to the maximum potential. Dhoni might not be naturally gifted but he's a fighting character and his recent test knocks (apart from the recent series against SA) show that - while unfortunately, Yuvraj's doesn't. It has to do with maturity more than talent I think - so mental setup. Yuvraj is a flamboyant batsman - he likes to make his batting look good, which it does in ODIs - he's a free-flowing batsman when in form but he's gotta be prepared for some ugly knocks as well (Steve Waugh's terminology). I don't he's ready to play such an innings. When he rescued us against Pakistan at Bangalore, he played one of the best innings I've ever seen - he was terrific. He cannot expect himself to play such an innings everytime, he's got to be prepared to graft - everyone goes through that stage. Sachin, Dravid, Ganguly, Laxman, Dhoni, and Ponting, Hussey, etc. - all of them are prepared to graft if the situation requires which is why they're such a permanent fixtures in their respective teams.
You cant have the best of both worlds. Its not a total surprise that excess natural talent and resilient innings building mentality are sometimes mutually exclusive. If a batsman, like say Rahul Dravid or Chanderpaul, are not naturally gifted with facets like the power of Yuvraj or the timing of Ganguly, they tend to hone their other aspects of batting to compensate for it, like having a more tighter technique and concentrating more on their shot selection. Its very harsh to ask natural stroke-makers to restrain themselves. They simply cant. If the pressure is high, the only way they know to get out of it is to play their strokes. That being the case, they often get out and look irresponsible, but nothing could be farther from the truth. Its not a question of how badly they want to deliver for their team under tough situation. I am sure a Yuvraj understands the magnitude of a good innings under pressure situations as much as Dravid does. But unlike a Dravid, the only way Yuvraj knows to get out that situation is to play his natural game. Its grossly unfair to ask stroke-makers to refrain themselves, unless of course its some brainless batting like what shahid Afridi does most the times.

I don't about that MM. Hayden is an excellent example of what I mean I think. He's a natural stroke maker - doesn't like to hold back but he can graft if asked to. Same with Ponting. He's also a natural stroke-maker of the ball. But doesn't he play the innings like he did at Adelaide when he's out of form? I guess instead of asking Yuvraj to play like these guys, it would be better to ask him to play like Gilchrist or Symonds.

maan when kings xi punjab start winnings games (mostly due to a certain Shaun Marsh, Pomersbach, Irfan Pathan, Chawla and the Sri Lankan duo) then the UV supporters come out and start showering praises on him being an excellent captain and batsman and Dhoni being crap (especially when Chennai lose) some facts for such ppl: - Chennai beat KXP twice so far - UV scored 169 in Bangalore? Look at the Paki attack in that match please. Its no wonder he couldnt replicate such an innings against Aus - Dhoni showered praise on UV after his 76 against SL. He kept putting UV in starting XI. - Most importantly, Dhoni won us a test match (without our best spinner) and two high-profile tournaments. He is amazing between the wickets and keeps the run-rate up in a chase, marshalling the strike really well (with guys like Rohit, UV etc). And you want yuvraj to replace him as captain??

I don't about that MM. Hayden is an excellent example of what I mean I think. He's a natural stroke maker - doesn't like to hold back but he can graft if asked to. Same with Ponting. He's also a natural stroke-maker of the ball. But doesn't he play the innings like he did at Adelaide when he's out of form? I guess instead of asking Yuvraj to play like these guys' date= it would be better to ask him to play like Gilchrist or Symonds.
Contrary to popular notion, Haydos isnt entirely a 'natural stroke-maker'. In fact, in his first couple of series, he was labeled as someone who was uncertain, even fumbling.But, he worked on his game and fitness and developed the kind of power-attributes that he has today. The only way stroke-makers like Yuvraj and Sehwag know to bat is to play their strokes, irrespective of the match situation. They moment they dither from that, all sorts of uncertainties will creep into their game and its just a matter of time before they get out. Sehwag's 150+ in the 4th test at Adelaide may have seemed restrained, but he still scored a vast majority of his runs in boundaries and his SR was VERY good. Besides, technique is the most over-rated thing in world cricket. Yuvraj has shown that he can transform himself from a ODI discard back in 2002 to becoming one of India's best ever ODI cricketers ever in 30 months. I am sure he can make that transformation in test cricket too. Its not a matter of 'If', its just a matter of 'when'.