Watch this lad

King

man ravi, this kid always reminds me of vinod kambli. whenever he plays that shot on off side his elgence seems to be improving
Variations in the shot execution is excellent. Flick of the wrist through off, full face of the bat through off, cut shots, flick of the wrist behind point, full face of the bat through extra covers, terrific hits straight, you name it it's there. The aerial cut shots are awesome to watch. Strangely though he's capable of producing that even against the big sized bowlers. If you notice in the video against the bowlers, he got beaten twice in a row and then came up with a terrific cover drive and followed it up with an awesome hook shot. The look on the kids face and his staring at the bowler shows he's a tough cookie. BTW square drives are so sweeeettttt.....

Variations in the shot execution is excellent. Flick of the wrist through off, full face of the bat through off, cut shots, flick of the wrist behind point, full face of the bat through extra covers, terrific hits straight, you name it it's there. The aerial cut shots are awesome to watch. Strangely though he's capable of producing that even against the big sized bowlers. If you notice in the video against the bowlers, he got beaten twice in a row and then came up with a terrific cover drive and followed it up with an awesome hook shot. The look on the kids face and his staring at the bowler shows he's a tough cookie. BTW square drives are so sweeeettttt.....
yep agree on that btw, does he play in matches regularly along with regular teenagers who are 10-12 yrz elder to him?? if yes. how is he responding in those games?? how is his fielding???

yep agree on that btw, does he play in matches regularly along with regular teenagers who are 10-12 yrz elder to him?? if yes. how is he responding in those games?? how is his fielding???
He plays U12s at this point in time. There are few Wellington coaches that take a lot of interest in him. I think he was even mentioned on the radio here during the NZ v Eng game. He's an excellent catcher in the slips, runs well between wickets although he's not as quick as the big boys. His cricket knowledge is fantastic and what saves him from running out is that he's a good judger of the runs. You can see in some of the videos he calls the runs perfectly even in the nets.

He plays U12s at this point in time. There are few Wellington coaches that take a lot of interest in him. I think he was even mentioned on the radio here during the NZ v Eng game. He's an excellent catcher in the slips' date=' runs well between wickets although he's not as quick as the big boys. His cricket knowledge is fantastic and what saves him from running out is that he's a good judger of the runs. You can see in some of the videos he calls the runs perfectly even in the nets.[/quote'] yaa i noticed that running in the nets.. good on him.. with time he is just going to gain and with this much exposure to him in such young age, it's just good for him thanks for the info:two_thumbs_up: looking forward to seeing him in under19 world cup soon

Thanks for posting the new videos Ravi. I really like watching him play. Watched the first two videos and going to watch the others soon. For me the back foot punches are Tendulkar like. Btw, didnt see him play spin so far. Hope he is as impressive playing spin Perhaps, he could even give an interview here, would get him ready for future :tounge_smile:

Tell you what guys... this kid is helping his dad live his dreams vicariously... Give it seven to eight years when his testicles descend and he discovers the world of women... he will drop cricket like a hot potato. If only every parent made videos of their children's prowess at football or baseball or a million other sports, we would expect outstanding sportsmen to be on the horizon, irrespective of the direction you looked. Sport prodigies who begin early have a considerable advantage as their neurological pathways build "bridges" that help transmit signals a lot faster and thus improving their response time, however, it requires tremendous number of hours of effort and dedication over a prolonged period of time. Heck, when i was 5, i picked up chess by merely watching my parents play once and within the week i beat every kid on the block. my exploits did not end there, i was reigning champion in my school for three years in a row... but look at me now: a thoroughly whipped, number crunching actuary. Sure the kid looks terrific, but notice that there is incredible monotony to his shots. in the first video, every ball is predictably two feet outside the of...

Sure the kid looks terrific' date=' but notice that there is incredible monotony to his shots. in the first video, every ball is predictably two feet outside the of...[/quote'] What do you expect when he was practicing the same shot to the same ball :hysterical: Some people..... if you can't appreciate then don't bother commenting. For his age he's fronting up to playing the bowling machine and aged club bowlers. Give some credit where it's due. BTW I haven't heard any of cricketer or sportsman that didn't start young. If you didn't know about that, you know nothing about sports. Google for the best sportsmen in the business, they all started young. They started young because they were passionate. Late starters never become greats. Tiger woods at young age for you. Not everyone gets excited with girls, drugs and the rest. In fact majority of young prodigies don't get excited by mundane. Things such as these follow them where they go. They don't go looking around for them. I'm glad Tiger's dad made a video of him then otherwise the kid would not have got enough attention and would have not had the amount of encouragement he got that is so needed to be a star. Tendulkar started young so did Lara. Richards started young so did Gavaskar. Even the likes of Bradman and Ponting were young prodigies. Not sure if you have heard an adage "Start em young" xjZeTnTNF18

^^ his vids were also posted in the earlier thread about rachin looks a very good player, but need to see him a few years down facing a proper ball also needs to try and keep his shots down more, i know his young, but don't let him get into the habit of hitting everything up or just train him up to earn big bucks in the IPL

Ravi, have you seen this kid ? I think he is about 4 or 5 years old.
Yes I have Pred, that kid's good too. Often his dad writes to me. I am loking forward to seeing him how he will front up against hard ball as some of the hots displayed by the kid may prove fatal. The signs are that the kid's good and hopefully he'll be able to cope.

Guest Hiten.
I don't run an academy Blue. I coach few kids that I know fairly closely.
where were you when i needed you :((

Guest dada_rocks
Tell you what guys... this kid is helping his dad live his dreams vicariously... Sure the kid looks terrific, but notice that there is incredible monotony to his shots. in the first video, every ball is predictably two feet outside the of...
Dude that's how practice is done session by session u pick one particular area and test yourself........