Football Transfers, Rumours and Speculations

Shane

Kaka-001.jpgAfter two of the most important players of AC Milan left the club in the last week, a third one seems to follow their tracks. But let's talk names... Rui Costa already signed a pre-agreement with Benfica Lisbon and will certainly leave the Milanese club by the end of the World Cup. Ukrainian Andryi Shevchenko has also decided to leave AC Milan, due to family problems. He will most likely sign a very lucrative contract with Chelsea. Even if that doesn't happen, it's obvious that he will not be playing for Milan next season. The new name on the list is, however, Brazilian striker Ricardo Izecson Santos Leite. Well, you might know him after his nickname: Kaka. And the club that is very much interested on signing the young Brazilian is again, Real Madrid. It seems like Ramon Calderon is doing everything possible to bring every superstar in Europe at Madrid. After being in talks with both Sven Goran Eriksson and Fabio Capello, the future Real Madrid president is now focusing on players. The first one he managed to get was former star of Real Madrid, Predrag Mijatovic. You might remember him from scoring the decisive goal in the UEFA Champions League final against Borussia Dortmund. Following his retirement, he has been now offered the chance to be the new Real Madrid sporting director. And the two - Mijatovici and Calderon - seem to have great plans ahead. Moreover, after the football scandal that arose in the Peninsula, Juventus seems just the team on which Real Madrid could start their reconstruction. Even if they didn't make an official offer for Milan's Kaka, Madrid's officials are also keeping a close eye on several Juventus players. Zambrotta, Ibrahimovic and Buffon are just a few names that could leave the Serie A for the Spanish Primera Liga.

Man Utd accept £80m Ronaldo bid Manchester United have accepted a world record offer of £80m from Real Madrid for Cristiano Ronaldo. "United have agreed to give Real Madrid permission to talk to the player," read a statement from the Old Trafford club. It added that the decision came at Ronaldo's request after he "again expressed his desire to leave". United described the offer for the 24-year-old forward as unconditional and added that they expected the matter to be concluded by 30 June. It is understood that the transfer fee would be made available for Red Devils manager Sir Alex Ferguson to invest in the transfer market. United have been linked with the likes of Lyon forward Karim Benzema, Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery and Wigan's Antonio Valencia. Madrid signed Brazilian Kaka for a reported £56m earlier in the week, surpassing the previous world record fee in pounds sterling of £45.6m, which Real paid for Zinedine Zidane in 2001. That deal was sealed by the ambition of returning Real president Florentino Perez, who previously led the Spanish club from 2000 to 2006 - during the famous galacticos era. And Perez had previously made it clear he would do "everything possible" to sign Ronaldo. Madrid have also been linked with Liverpool's Xabi Alonso, Valencia's David Villa and Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery since Perez's unopposed election signalled the return of their vast spending. There had been reports that Madrid would have to pay a £26m penalty clause to Ronaldo as a consequence of an alleged "pre-contract" arrangement that had been agreed with the player's representative Jorge Mendes, if the Spanish club did not sign him this summer. But the BBC's Steve Kingstone in Madrid stated that Real had yet to confirm any agreement to buy Ronaldo or the agreed price of £80m stated by United. Thursday is a public holiday in Madrid and no announcements are expected. "This was one that was never ever going to go away," said BBC Radio 5 Live chief football correspondent Mike Ingham. "After the Champions League final he criticised Sir Alex Ferguson's tactics, he threw his toys out of the pram in the derby with Manchester City after he was substituted. He's been very high maintenance. And £80m is hard to resist. "Personally, I'm very sorry to see him leave but it's absolutely inevitable. If it hadn't been this summer it would have been next summer. "This could mean they might be able to keep Carlos Tevez, maybe Wayne Rooney can be liberated." Tevez's loan agreement with United has expired and the Argentine will cost United in the region of £25m, while Rooney may have more opportunities to play in his favoured central position if Ronaldo leaves. Ronaldo, who joined United in 2003 from Sporting Lisbon for £12.2m, was strongly linked with a move to the Spanish capital in the summer of 2008. United lodged a complaint with world governing body Fifa last June over what they believed was a deliberate attempt by Real to unsettle the winger. After a long, drawn-out saga that ran through the summer months, the Portugal international insisted he was happy at Old Trafford and remained at United for the 2008-2009 season. Now I understand I made the best decision," Ronaldo told Spanish sports paper Marca after he had made that choice. "I am with Manchester in body and soul." But the speculation soured relations between the clubs and last December United manager Ferguson said he would not "sell that mob a virus". And despite Ronaldo's claim that he wanted to remain at Old Trafford, he was the subject of constant speculation during the 2008-2009 season and often gave mixed messages about his future. If Ronaldo does sign for Madrid, his last appearance for United will have been in the Champions League final in Rome - in which the Premier League champions were beaten 2-0 by Barcelona. "History will remember him very well in terms of his contribution as a footballer, he'll also be seen as petulant, egotistical and stubborn but he's been a wonderful player," said United We Stand fanzine editor Andy Mitten. It took time for Ronaldo to find his best form after arriving in England but he became a pivotal player for United, who have won the last three Premier League titles. In the 2007-08 season he scored 42 goals, which topped the previous club record for a midfielder held by George Best, and was on the scoresheet as United defeated Chelsea in the Champions League final. His form through 2008 saw him named Fifa World Player of the Year in January, just a month after he won the Ballon d'Or as the European Player of the Year. Ronaldo was the top scorer for his club last season, with 26 goals, taking his total for United to 118 in 292 appearances. Real are spending too much :omg:

They dont need Tevez he really is average, as Fergie said, an honest trier. They need goals. 80 Mill can buy them Benzema for starters. Ant Valencia possibly. Im not sure about Ribery- hed be over priced and is what 27 years old? A 2 years left at best given how much his game is based on sheer pace. A serious bid for Silva from Valencia might be an option, good creative attacker. Maybe try and get Van der Vaart from Real as a long term Scholes replacement They need a Def mid considering hargreaves may never be able to play to his full level again... Get rid of Nani. Get some good young English players. Like Delph from Leeds Utd

Football Transfers, Rumours and Speculations At last Real Madrid succeed in getting C Ronaldo on board for a record transfer fee of 80 million pounds. I think it is a terrific sale considering Man Utd got him for just 12M or so six years ago. He will join kaka at Bernabeu. SAF gets an additional 10M from the owners to add to the 80M that he got by off loading CR7. Following players have been rumoured to join Man Utd next year. Franck Ribery - Can fill the void created by CR. But RM have also joined the race and might lure him through his mentor Zidane who is the football advisor for the club. David Villa - One of the best strikers going around ATM. RM are also chasing him. David Silva - He can be a perfect replacement for CR if we can't get Ribery. Douglas Costa - Brazilian under 19 player. Watched his video on youtube, I should say he looks amazing. Great speed, precision and dribbling skills. Might be the future #7. Karim Benzema - SAF has great admiration for the French player. But he hasn't played in high intensity leagues so he might struggle. Not sure if he will give 30+ goals every season. 'Kun' Aguero - The Argentine sensation. Linked with a move to either Man Utd or Man City. Diego Forlan and Tevez - Linked with Man City (But I would love to see Tevez at OT). Carvalho and Deco linked with Inter. Scholes and G Neville to 'Brough for Stuart Downing. LAME! Finally the biggest surprise of them all...Torres linked with Man Utd.In the last two days, SAF seems to have put tremendous pressure on Liverpool by launching a 35 - 45M bid for the striker. If he can get him it will be another masterstroke from THE boss. Of all these I could see one big player at OT next year most probably David Villa along with Douglas Costa/ Alexis Sanchez. But I am not sure anyone will wear the #7 next year, Rooney has turned down the offer btw.

'der Hammer' to join the Goons ? :dontknow: http://www.fansfc.com/story/12618.html
Btw the Brazilian midfielder Felipe Melo of Fiorentina is rumoured to join Arsenal. He is rated highly in Serie A. I think Arsene will sign a defender, most probably Hageland of Fulham and a midfielder either Yaya Toure or Melo. If he can get Yaya, it will be simply fantastic for the Gunners. But seriously you lack a quality striker and I guess you will be fighting for the Champions League spot again next year.:giggle:

Good. Now SAF can buy a proper striker- benzema, possibly one more or let Frazier campbell, Wellbeck, Machieda etc grow They need a def mid as well, that guy Diarra from Real- im not sure how good he is tbh, wrong side of 25 yrs old though

Thomas Vermaelen completes move to Arsenal

Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that Belgian international defender Thomas Vermaelen has joined the Gunners from Dutch Eredivisie side Ajax on a long-term contract for an undisclosed fee. Vermaelen (23), who was the Ajax club captain last season, made his first team debut for the Dutch club at just 18, after playing at Youth level for Belgian side KFC Germinal Beerschot. During his 143 appearances with the Amsterdam side, Thomas, who is predominantly a central defender, gained experience in both the UEFA Cup and UEFA Champions League including two appearances against Arsenal in the 2005/06 Champions League Group Stages. He has made 21 appearances for Belgium, now being a regular in his country’s set-up since making his full international debut in March 2006. During his time with Ajax, the club won the Dutch League Championship in 2003/04, with Vermaelen also winning the Dutch National Cup on two occasions (in 2006 and 2007) and the Dutch Super Cup twice (in 2006 and 2007). Manager Arsène Wenger said: “Thomas is a great signing for Arsenal Football Club, and we are all delighted that he is joining us. Thomas is a solid performer with good experience of Champions League and UEFA Cup football and is also a regular with the Belgium national team. Thomas is primarily a left-footed centre back, but he’s multi-functional and can also play at left back. He is strong technically with a positive winner’s attitude and I have no doubt his arrival will strengthen our team. Thomas Vermaelen will be a huge asset to Arsenal.” After completing his move to the Gunners, Vermaelen said: “Firstly, I have to say that I’m sad to be leaving Ajax and I would just like to thank everyone for their help and friendship towards me over the past eight years. “I’m just so happy to be joining Arsenal. This is a great Club with a world class manager, high quality players and a fantastic stadium. Everything is set up for Arsenal to be very successful for years to come and I joined this Club because I know Arsenal will be challenging for trophies. “I have had a good taste of the Champions League during my time with Ajax and this is something I am looking forward to experiencing again with Arsenal. I’m also looking forward to playing in the English Premier League, which for me, is the best league in the world. Also, I just want to assure the Arsenal fans that I will give everything for this Club and I hope we can enjoy winning some trophies together next season.” Thomas will join up with his new team-mates for pre-season training in early July. Link and Video ------ Welcome to the Life as a Gooner :icflove:

Manchester City complete £12m deal for Gareth Barry

Gareth-Barry-City-001.jpg

Manchester City have completed the signing of Gareth Barry today after Aston Villa accepted their £12m bid for the England international. The Midlands club confirmed this morning that Barry was in talks with City and the deal was confirmed this afternoon to leave Rafael Benítez, the Liverpool manager, bitterly disappointed at missing out on the midfielder. Liverpool failed with five bids for him last summer. With Barry due to fly to Kazakhstan with the England squad tomorrow morning, City made arrangements with the Football Association to facilitate a medical this afternoon. The 28-year-old has signed a contract believed to be worth in the region of £100,000-a-week – more than double his current salary. Barry's decision to move to City will sit uncomfortably with Villa supporters as well as the manager, Martin O'Neill. The former Brighton trainee indicated 12 months ago that the chance to play Champions League football was the motivation for his desire to join Liverpool. City, however, finished 10th in the Premier League, 12 points behind Villa and failed to qualify for the Europa League, leaving Barry open to accusations that finance rather than football has influenced his decision. O'Neill has said on several occasions recently that no one at Villa would "begrudge" a player who has spent 12 years at the club the chance to play in the Champions League. He had offered to make him the best-paid employee in the club's history with an £80,000–a-week contract but Barry's head appears to have been turned by City's ambitions. The one consolation for Villa is that they have extracted a £12m fee for a player who would be available on a free transfer this time next year. Link

Guest Hiten.

Chelsea close in on Brazilian starlet Alexandre Pato The Brazilian teenager has told AC Milan he is interested in a move to London to team up with former boss Carlo Ancelotti. And after seeing teammate Kaka sign this week for Real Madrid in a world-record deal, the Milan striker, 19, is weighing up his options with a £30million deal in the pipeline. Speaking in Brazil before tonight's World Cup qualifier against Paraguay, Pato was told Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi had insisted he will stay in Italy. "Slow down," he replied. "There is nothing decided yet. At the end of June, after the Confederations Cup, I'll meet Milan officials and we will talk about my future. But before, I'll talk with Ancelotti. "He's an extraordinary man. I owe him. It's because of him I've been able to emerge at Milan and in Italian football. Before deciding my future I want to talk to him." Pato said he had been unable to talk to Ancelotti after the final Serie A game of the season because he had been detained by a postmatch drug test. "I had wanted to hug him and clarify with him several things," said the player born Alexandre Rodrigues da Silva but nicknamed Pato after the town of his birth. Advertisement - article continues below » Chelsea tried to sign Pato when he left Internacional in 2007 but Ancelotti then persuaded him to join him and Kaka at the San Siro. The Brazilian scored 17 goals in all competitions last season, including a double in David Beckham's Serie A debut in Rome in January. The England midfielder said: "I really like this guy - he is quick and has a great future." Last year he scored a stunning solo goal for his country against Sweden in a friendly international at Arsenal's Emirates Stadium and he dropped hint after hint yesterday that he would welcome a summer return to London. "Ancelotti is very happy to go to Chelsea," he continued. "Chelsea are one of the great clubs of European football. "It's an honour being esteemed by a club like Chelsea. However, I repeat, first I will speak to Ancelotti, then meet the Milan directors. My future will be clear at the end of June." Brazil begin their Confederations Cup campaign against Egypt on Monday before facing the United States and then Italy in their other group games. Pato will now only play international football with his former Milan team-mate Kaka. "I wish him all the best at Madrid," he said. "But I cannot wish that he wins the Champions League. I want to win that." But he did not say with whom. "Milan will miss him a lot, an awful lot," added Pato. "But Milan is not only Kaka. There is a great squad and a phenomenon called Ronaldinho." http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/06/10/blues-brazil-115875-21428630/ ------ :two_thumbs_up:

Santa Cruz signs for Man City Roque Santa Cruz has completed his £17million move from Blackburn to Manchester City. The Paraguayan passed a medical with the Eastlands outfit this afternoon and has now signed a deal to link up once more with Mark Hughes, his former manager at Blackburn. Hughes has never made any secret of his desire to have Santa Cruz at City and having assured themselves the knee injury that kept the South American out at the end of last season has fully cleared up, the Blues have completed the signing of the striker. Santa Cruz becomes Hughes' second major signing of the summer, following the arrival of Gareth Barry from Aston Villa last month. Despite the improvement of Felipe Caicedo during the final few weeks of last season, City were desperately in need of a senior striker to bring the best out of Steven Ireland, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Robinho, who continues to be linked with Barcelona. Having brought the 27-year-old from Bayern Munich during his Blackburn days, Hughes knew exactly what Santa Cruz could bring to him team and after missing out on the player during the last two transfer windows, was quick to make contact with Rovers counterpart Sam Allardyce with another offer, which this time was accepted. Although he managed just four Premier League goals last term, the memory of his 23 in 43 appearances during his first season at Ewood Park is still strong and Santa Cruz is expected to clock up a third World Cup finals campaign with Paraguay next summer. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tevez is expected to sign next week. But if Robinho stays, Carlitos will find it difficult to make the starting XI on a permanent basis. He should have stayed with us:banghead: