Football Transfers, Rumours and Speculations

Shane

Other news...

Manchester United have reportedly entered negotiations with Brazil Under-20 international, Douglas Costa. The player's agent, Cesar Bottega has claimed that United have begun talks with Gremio to purchase the £20 million-rated youngster, reports Setanta.
Man...this boy is class! I saw his videos on Youtube, he looks terrific. He has got a great left foot and god dribbling skills too. Maybe he is the future #7 at OT.
Real Madrid have renewed their bid for Liverpool’s Xabi Alonso after the English club signed Glen Johnson from Portsmouth. The Reds agreed to a £17 million move for Johnson meaning they will more than likely sacrifice Alonso and let him return to Spain. The new fee being touted for the Spaniard is in the vicinity of £30 million after Liverpool turned a smaller offer last month. It is also come to the fore that Alvaro Arbeloa could be on his way to Real Madrid for around £8 million to help fund the signing of England international Johnson.
Departing Manchester United striker Carlos Tevez is set to join Manchester City this week. The Sunday Mirror says Tevez agreed to join Manchester City TWO WEEKS ago - and will complete the £47.5 million transfer in the next few days. Tevez decided to quit Manchester United long before the end of the season because he felt Sir Alex Ferguson did not fancy him enough to be a 'first pick' and his handlers sorted out terms with their rivals. City agreed to pay the £25.5 million asking price of his 'owners' and will also hand the Argentinian forward around £100,000-a-week for the next five seasons in a staggering pay day. Tevez's agents have admitted privately that the City move was thrashed out in top-level meetings in the Middle East and in Manchester well in advance of United's final attempt to keep him. Chelsea have been linked with Tevez but they will not match the package of fee and wages.

Sridev' date=' is the Tevez to Citeh news confirmed? if so Manchester City - Tevez, Barry, whoz next?[/quote'] It is not officially out but he is expected to join City by end of the week according to The Sunday Mirror. They are also chasing Samuel Eto'o but most probably he will end at Inter.He has been offered £192,000 a week, after tax, by City. That is some money but I doubt if he will take that and miss CL action. Btw Eto'o and Robinho may have to go in opposite directions if at all this deal happens.

Chelsea to include Drogba in new bid for AC Milan whiz Pato - £30m + Drogba

Chelsea are ready to use Didier Drogba as bait to land AC Milan superkid Alexandre Pato. The Daily Star says that is the surprising new twist as the Blues boss, former San Siro coach Carlo Ancelotti, bids to remodel the team.
Man Utd ponder bid for Internacional star Nilmar - £20 million
Agent Jorge Mendes, broker of Ronaldo's world-record transfer to Real Madrid, is said to be involved.
West Ham sign Inter Milan forward Jimenez - year long loan Van Persie agrees new deal with Arsenal - in the region of £3.5m a year on a two-year extension.
The Daily Star says the Gunners spent much of last season anxiously trying to persuade the Dutchman to sign. Van Persie, who had been linked with a shock move to Manchester United, had just one more season, with an option for a year more, on his current deal.
Tribunal to set Sturridge fee for Chelsea switch
The two clubs have failed to reach an agreement on a suitable compensation package but as the player is under 24, he is not available to sign on a Bosman-style free transfer. Sturridge is one of the game's top prospects and highly rated by City boss Mark Hughes. But the player is understood to have staggered City by demanding a contract worth a reported £55,000-a-week. Sturridge made 16 league appearances for City last season and scored four goals.

Roque Santa Cruz to Citeh

Roque Santa Cruz has sealed his long-awaited move to Manchester City, in a deal that could ultimately be worth £18m to Blackburn Rovers, after undergoing a medical earlier today.
Source Another one into the Citeh Kiteh !

Milan reject mammoth Pato bid:giggle:

AC Milan vice-president Andriano Galliani claims the club have rejected a massive bid for Alexandre Pato from an unnamed club. Speaking on the issue, Galliani was tight lipped, stating: "Milan this year have resisted a monumental offer for Pato. But I will not say which club made the offer."
Luis Fabiano dreaming of Milan
As Milan continue their hunt for a striker with Brazilian star Luis Fabiano the latest to have thrown his name into the hat. Following speculation that the Rossonieri were interested in the striker, he has revealed his admiration for the club. However, his agent believes that the Italian giants will not be able to afford Sevilla's asking price. The Brazilian has netted in each of Brazil's Confederations Cup games so far.

Are you kidding? Drogba has got an attitude problem, agreed, but he is a world class striker. IMO he is the best African player barring Michael Essien.
O come on Sri, hez past his best, he had his purple patch and now he is back to his rude, arrogant self, Best African Player, lulz man, whateva happened to Eto, Appiah, Essien, call me biased (dont forget the long leged Togolese Striker)

O come on Sri' date=' hez past his best, he had his purple patch and now he is back to his rude, arrogant self, Best African Player, lulz man, whateva happened to Eto, Appiah, Essien, call me biased (dont forget the long leged Togolese Striker)[/quote'] Shane...,he missed a few matches due to injury in the last season and Big Phil never trusted him, so you can't just write him off. Btw he still scored 15 goals(5 of those in 8 CL matches) in 39 games which I think isn't all that bad. Yeah you are right!Eto'o owns him any day...my bad, but Didier > Ade.

Shane...,he missed a few matches due to injury in the last season and Big Phil never trusted him, so you can't just write him off. Btw he still scored 15 goals(5 of those in 8 CL matches) in 39 games which I think isn't all that bad. Yeah you are right!Eto'o owns him any day...my bad, but Didier > Ade.
Ade is 25, still has time to work on his ball control and working out the Off-side trap, Ade is not yet the finished article, watch him in 3 years time, btw Ade is linked with Chelski, doubt he will be allowed to join a rival, looks like Inter/Milan for him, that is if he leaves.

This would make some news.
I am not sure if Kun will be heading OT especially after the way they treated Tevez. If you didn't know, Kun is the son-in-law of Maradona, who had advised Tevez to leave OT at the end of the season coz of lack of playing time, and Diego will definitely have a say in Kun's signing.

Ade is 25' date=' still has time to work on his ball control and working out the Off-side trap, Ade is not yet the finished article, watch him in 3 years time, btw Ade is linked with Chelski, doubt he will be allowed to join a rival, looks like Inter/Milan for him, that is if he leaves.[/quote'] There is a famous quote about Paul Gascoigne "Scorer of great goals but not a great goal scorer" that applies to most of the African strikers.I am not a big fan of the African strikers apart from Kanu, Eto'o, and Weah ofcourse. Most of them blossom at an young age and just fade away. Martins, Mido, Kanoute (he is having a decent run with Sevilla but was poor for most of his career) come to mind and I expect Ade to join that list. But I like African football and I will be more than happy if Ade proves me wrong.