What song are you currently listening to ?

Rajiv

also "rang de bastanti chola" (not the relatively new cheery version but the original, last cry for rally by a man headed to the gallows). though i am not a big subscriber of the entire notion of a "country" and jingoistic ferver, but i cant help but admire individuals committed to ideals as fundamental and congruent to humanity as freedom and civil rights. i would appreciate if someone could find me this old version somewhere.

Lovely song Stryker. Thanks for posting.

Perhaps the best lyrics for a song, writer and/or singer must have felt the pain
A really dard wala number isn't it? The movie(Mere Apne) is also pretty good. See it if you haven't already. It's the 'Yuva' of the 70s.

Perhaps the best lyrics for a song' date=' writer and/or singer must have felt the pain[/quote'] Kishore da shed few tears while singing this song. Don't know how true it is, but i saw this interview of some singer (forgot his name) on Zee Music

No takers yet for the RDB-Gulzar-Sanjeev Kumar gem - Tere Bina Jindagi se koi shikwa to nahin? It is one of those songs that I think is absolutely complete. Most of us fell in love with its tune while we were teens, we loved the song though did not know why. Then when we saw the song we loved the sight of a middle aged Sanjeev Kumar saying "Waise to amawas 15 dinon ke hoti hai magar is baar bahut lambi thi..." and Suchitra Sen replies "Bees saal lambi thi na"... It is hard to hear that song and not be touched. Later on as one grew older they realize the depth of the song, the haunting lyrics - Raat ki baat hai, aur zindagi baaki to nahin..Wah! Another such brooding gem is Hazaar Raahein Mud Dekhi kahin se koi sada na aayi..

Btw talking about sad songs.. then how can we forget mera naam joker's classic song - Jeena Yaha Marna Yaha.. a great song froma a great movie
That whole song is tragedy right from its inception. It is of course a gem by Shailendra, the lyricist who wrote simplest lines in Hindi movies. Shailendra had put his heart and soul into producing Teesri Kasam, *ing Raj Kapur and Waheeda Rehman, you may have heard the songs "Chalat musafir moh liya re" and "Duniya banane waale" etc. The movie bombed and Shailendra went into poor health, mostly because of how he was cheated out of his money by so called Bollywood friends. At the time Raj Kapoor was making Mera Naam Joker and for a while Shailendra had been his man of choice to pen his songs(he also selected Hasrat Jaipuri from time to time). Shailendra had promised to write the lyrics of this song - Jeena yehan - and the startup lines were greatly liked by Raj Kapur. But before he could finish the song he died. The song was later completed by Shaili Shailendra. xxx