"Usa! Usa!"

Params7

http://blogs.timeslive.co.za/cricket/2010/01/19/cricket-in-america/ Blog so I don't know how legit that is.
The Indian Premier League, which has used American cheerleaders at its matches, now wants to reverse the trend by taking the game to the US. This is the latest plan by IPL commissioner Lalit Modi. His timing might not be bad. America’s allegedly favourite pastime, and its summer sport, baseball is currently clouded by a drug scandal. The game has also begun to verge on the tedious, with much time-wasting between pitches and innings. T20 cricket might just find some appeal. Of course, taking cricket to America has a bit of coals to Newcastle about it. In the 19th century the game was very popular, especially in New York. According to Rhys Blakely, writing in the London Times, George Washington played the game, Abraham Lincoln was a keen spectator and the first copy of the official rulebook to reach the country was imported by Benjamin Franklin. This week Modi unveiled his plan to the sport’s wealthiest and most flamboyant tournament to the US, where there are some cricket leagues but mostly played in by expats. There are about 30 000 active players, according to USA Cricket, which also claims that the country has 15 million cricket fans. The US will host matches between the IPL team by next year. “We hope to be able to provide the fans in the US the live experience of the IPL,†Modi said. “We will start with a few matches in the US in the next 18 months or so.†The first official international match was played in 1844 between the US and the British Empire’s Canadian province. It was only after the American Civil War that cricket was eclipsed by baseball. Modi believes that T20 cricket, where a match lasts about as long as a baseball one (three hours) and which features a lot more big hitting than in baseball, can rival America’s favourite pastime for popularity. He might just be on to something. Barack Obama recently had a batting lesson from Brian Lara, but it’s not yet certain if he’s ready to open the innings.
Tl:dr - IPL4 in USA.

Old news. I read Modi saying that he will start T20 in US within the next 18 months several days ago. I am quite sure Modi can even make it successful in the US with his intelligent marketing etc. He will create classes for US people to learn T20 free of cost. :giggle: He will also bring Hollywood celebrities etc. to bring the attraction of the general public. Modi is a great marketer and I am sure he will make it a success too.

^^ kinda agree wit u cuz usa seems to hate cricket like **** and they already got baseball...it will be to many ball games for them to handle :winky:
ur dumbass brain forgets about the amount of desi pop. in usa who dont care about baseball!!

idiot' date=' if they pick states like NJ, FL, TX, it will be successful... y dont u worry about your ordinary team rather then us :thefinger:[/quote'] hmm i c..but since they did not allow pakistan players in ipl so now i wont allow ipl in usa :giggle: :finger: