Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

Rajiv

Re: Watched any new movies? Ditto Adi Saw Blades of Glory last night ..... OMG it was Crazyy Hilarious!!!! the best scene that takes it all was.... A Guy, in responce to the Man-Man doubles figure skating, points towards the Hot-Dog Bun and says ... Does this looks right ?? and that Will Ferrell scene on the Treadmill. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Re: Watched any new movies? Watched Mystic River over the weekend. Probably about a couple of years old movie but I never got around to see it. Overall a nice movie with good acting by Sean Penn & Tim Robbins. Sean Penn is stellar as an angry father and Tim carries his role of an adult who has been hurt as a young child. No wonder they both won Oscars for the movie. Good watch.

Re: Watched any new movies?

Ditto Adi Saw Blades of Glory last night ..... OMG it was Crazyy Hilarious!!!! the best scene that takes it all was.... A Guy, in responce to the Man-Man doubles figure skating, points towards the Hot-Dog Bun and says ... Does this looks right ?? and that Will Ferrell scene on the Treadmill. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Mind-bottling!!!!! LOL

Re: Watched any new movies? I saw The 300 yesterday and i must say, i have mixed feelings about the movie. Yes, it is supposed to be an 'all action, no sense' movie for the guys and chicks who dig big muscular guys bashing other guys around. But the overall tone of the movie was quite racist - basically, anyone who's black is the first guy to get whacked in the movie. Plus they potray Xerxes as some sort of messed up transverstite type guy. He is this huge guy( in context of the movie, over 7 feet tall) who has a zillion piercings all over his body including his face and painfully heavy looking gold chains hooked on to these piercings all over his body. Plus he is extremely effeminate ( very similar to the character of 'Ra' in the original Stargate movie). They potray the Persian Immortals as these beast-like mindless destroying animals in chains and the Persian empire to be overall a teeming pool of savage nations uniting against the only bastion of civilization. Which is actually quite far from the truth - the Achamenid dynasty was one of the most enlightened dynasties in the history of mankind. Plus its massively exgaggerated to highlight the bravery of the Greeks. But - the underlying history of the war is remarkably accurate - the actual happenings of the battle, manuevers, etc. are remarkably accurate. Overall, an interesting movie due to its highly Sci-Fi fiction-fantasy approach.

Re: Watched any new movies? Watched 300 over this weekend. The first half is gripping while the second half badly lets down. There was no need for this to be a 2hour movie, an hour 15 minutes should have done the job. The movie should be watched as a work of fiction with some historical backdrop. Good action sequences and some nice camera effects. I watched it in IMAX and the effects were magnified, specially the part of the Oracle( :hic: ). If you havent seen it yet and plan to see it watch it in an IMAX if you can. Overall 7 out of 10.