The Health and Fitness Thread

The Outsider

Having quit smoking regularly for about 6 years(used to have the occasional fag once a month or so) have recently(over the past month or so) picked it up again. It feels damn good to light that cancer stick on a regular basis but I really should quit again. Am smoking about 4-5 per day but am slowly trying to motivate myself to quit again. When I quit earlier I went on a fitness spree and it worked perfectly. Am drowned in work these days so doubt if I'll be able to take out 2-3 hours a day for exercise and maybe I should try some alternative methods in conjunction?

Re: The Health and Fitness Thread Try thinking of what it's doing to the arteries in your penis. If that doesn't work, well..it does the same to the heart. What's a few years off your life, eh? And one or two stomach ulcers, what does it matter? Lung cancer and oesophageal cancer...well not all smokers get them anyway, do they? Emphysema..well, it's just a bit of lung being destroyed. What's the big deal? Bad breath? well there's always Listerine. If all those thoughts don't put you off, there's Niquitin (patch & chewing gum) and Zyban.

Re: The Health and Fitness Thread Yup, its does do a lot of bad things but one thing I realised when I quit earlier was that the motivation must come from inside and it should be strong. At present I am lacking in that strong motivation. I am thinking more on the lines that ohh well I smoked for about 3-4 years and quit for 5-6 years coupled with a very healthy lifestyle and lots of exercise. Surely my body can take a bit of crap if it appeals to my base desires. Its thoughts like these which are proving an impediment to a strong motivation level.

Re: The Health and Fitness Thread i have the same problem as u, Shwetabh.... i have tried out hypnotherapy, gum, patch, acupuncture... and can tell u with confidence, nothing helps, if u cant help urself.... it is very easy to quit, but very difficult to stay quits...this year, i mus have quit atleast 5 times till now, but a drink or some stresss, ur brain starts playing tricks on u and u r back to square one .... suddenly, u will find a very reasonable man in ur brain who will convince u tht it aint so bad..... this time, i have a week's deadline, lets see how i do it...

The Fitness Thread It seems like a few people here are fitness enthusiasts who hit the gym every now and then. I felt like creating this just to divert people's attention from the thread on Cricket Discussions. So go on; this is where we all can share tips, diets, routine, etc. But first things first; what do you all do to keep yourself fit and how much time do you spend on exercise every week (or month) ? ...and I am up for sharing pics if others are

Re: The Health and Fitness Thread

Can't say I'm a fitness freak but I try and jog' date='cycle and row atleast 5 times a week. Jog around 2.5 miles, cycle around 2 miles and row about 1.5 miles.[/quote'] Jog around 3 miles now and cycle 2.5. Stopped rowing. Don't do weights. Just like to run and cycle.

Re: The Health and Fitness Thread Treadmill and biking outdoors. My diet is as follows: Breakfast - 2 bananas + a glass of milk Lunch - Usually salad but sometimes a chicken sandwich Dinner - anything goes. Pasta/ pizza/ roast chicken/ chicken curry. I work out so that I can enjoy my dinner. :hmph:

Re: The Health and Fitness Thread Good call Predator and Gambo. :wtg: :wtg: I had started to sound besura with my murge ki ek taang waala raag. Now I can vent here. I work out 5 days a week. A large body part coupled with a smaller body part a day. So chest and biceps are worked on the same day and the like. 2 days of rest in a day and never 3 days or more of consecutive workout days. I probably need to get my cardio up but I hate that. Right now I stand at 6ft and around 195 pounds. Gambit, rowing is a killer. If you do 1.5 miles plus at one go you are in good shape. :wtg: xx

1 hour / day. I generally average 5 days/week. .
That's very good. What activities do you usually do ? Weights ? Running ?
Usually weights for 20-25 mins and the rest 35-40 mins of running. On rainy days ride the elliptical

Can't say I'm a fitness freak but I try and jog' date='cycle and row atleast 5 times a week. Jog around 2.5 miles, cycle around 2 miles and row about 1.5 miles.[/quote'] Jog around 3 miles now and cycle 2.5. Stopped rowing. Don't do weights. Just like to run and cycle.
Yep bought myself a Schiwinn last month. The plan is to bike to work (6 miles each way). That way I can cut down on my running time. I find it very hard to motivate myself 5 days in a week to run around like a dog !