THE WTF news of the day thread

Gambit

Those football obsessed Europeans have lost it. EU claims that water doesn't hydrate. Relevant excerpts:

EU officials concluded that, following a three-year investigation, there was no evidence to prove the previously undisputed fact. Producers of bottled water are now forbidden by law from making the claim and will face a two-year jail sentence if they defy the edict, which comes into force in the UK next month. Last night, critics claimed the EU was at odds with both science and common sense. Conservative MEP Roger Helmer said: ŵhis is stupidity writ large. ŵhe euro is burning, the EU is falling apart and yet here they are: highly-paid, highly-pensioned officials worrying about the obvious qualities of water and trying to deny us the right to say what is patently true. Ūf ever there were an episode which demonstrates the folly of the great European project then this is it.
Read the whole thing. Its :cantstop: They took 3 years of 'study' to conclude that water doesn't hydrate? :haha:

A FURIOUS woman is suing her ex-boyfriend after he tattooed a steaming poo on her back. Rossie Brovent wants £60,000 in damages from Ryan Fitzjerald. Rossie, from Dayton, Ohio, US, wanted a scene from the Narnia trilogy inked on her back. Instead she was left with a pile of excrement with flies buzzing around it. Tattoo artist Ryan turned rogue after discovering that Rossie had cheated on him with his best friend. Rossie originally tried to have her ex-lover charged with assault but she had signed a consent form agreeing the tattoo design was "at the artist's discretion". She said: "He tricked me by drinking a bottle of cheap wine with me and doing tequila shots before I signed it and got the tattoo. "Actually I was passed out for most of the time, and woke up to this horrible image on my back." http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3967502/Tatt-poo-for-cheating.html article-2067810-0EFCB9D800000578-372_634x641.jpg

A FURIOUS woman is suing her ex-boyfriend after he tattooed a steaming poo on her back. Rossie Brovent wants Ž£60,000 in damages from Ryan Fitzjerald. Rossie, from Dayton, Ohio, US, wanted a scene from the Narnia trilogy inked on her back. Instead she was left with a pile of excrement with flies buzzing around it. Tattoo artist Ryan turned rogue after discovering that Rossie had cheated on him with his best friend. Rossie originally tried to have her ex-lover charged with assault but she had signed a consent form agreeing the tattoo design was "at the artist's discretion". She said: "He tricked me by drinking a bottle of cheap wine with me and doing tequila shots before I signed it and got the tattoo. "Actually I was passed out for most of the time, and woke up to this horrible image on my back." http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3967502/Tatt-poo-for-cheating.html article-2067810-0EFCB9D800000578-372_634x641.jpg
having tattoo won't hurt ?? I mean needles and stuff ?Unles she is on anesthetics.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/man-accidentally-shot-own-dog-221644169.html
Man is accidentally shot by his own dog By Eric Pfeiffer Duck Hunt gone awry Dogs are man's best friend. Except, you know, when they're shooting a gun at you. And strangely enough, that's what really happened to a hapless dog owner in Brigham City, Utah. The man in question--a 46-year-old hunting enthusiast who is not named in local news reports on the incident--got a behind-full of birdshot courtesy of his loyal canine companion when he was out duck hunting over the weekend. KSL.com reports the man and his dog were traveling in a canoe-like boat when the man stepped out into a shallow marsh to set up some decoys. His left his 12-gauge shotgun resting across the bow of the boat, according to Box Elder County Sheriff's Deputy Kevin Potter. That's when the dog "did something to make the gun discharge," Potter said. "I don't know if the safety device was on. It's not impossible the dog could have taken it off safety." Apparently excited to join his owner in the marsh, the dog jumped up on the boat's bow and stepped on the gun. The gun was fired, hitting the man in the buttocks with 27 pellets of birdshot. The man promptly called 9-1-1, and is now reportedly recovering. Potter said that thanks to a well-positioned pair of waders--the hip-length rubber boots he was wearing at the time--the dog owner was able to avoid a more serious gunshot wound.
Ouch!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/oregon-mom-gives-birth-didn-t-know-she-202010715.html
Oregon mom gives birth, didn’t know she was pregnant By Eric Pfeiffer Not every family plans to have a baby but they usually have some idea once the baby is on the way. However, a Portland, Ore., woman who went to the hospital thinking her appendix had burst was told by doctors that she was actually going into labor. "I was 39 weeks [pregnant] and didn't have the slightest clue," Kim Nelson told local TV station KGW. "I thought the weight gain was due to cysts I had in my ovaries and working at Dairy Queen and eating all that food," she said. "I didn't have the slightest idea that this little bundle of joy was in my tummy." Also, those other bundles of joy delivered to your tummy from the local Dairy Queen generally try to avoid sending customers to the emergency room. In her defense, Nelson said she did not experience morning sickness throughout her pregnancy and doctors had told her she was infertile after developing those ovarian cysts after her second pregnancy. "When I got to the hospital, they're like, 'can you possibly be pregnant?' and I'm like, 'no!' And then they came back in and they're like, 'yeah, you're pregnant,' " Nelson recalled. Four hours later, Sean and Kim Nelson welcomed their third daughter, Paige Lynn Dawn Anderson, into the world. Unfortunately, the Nelsons had just recently given away all of their baby items, since they assumed they would not, and could not, have any more children together.

Something is wrong with this news .either its an april fool joke or the lady is trying to catch undue media attention .
Well, here in US there is a reality show "Didn't know I was Pregnant" or something like that. Its seriously WTF. There are a lot of people on that show though.