Champions League 2011

Andy

So in terms of Competitiveness you are rating Bundesliga > PL?:hysterical: how many Bundesliga teams make it to the semis every year in CL compared to PL? Max one and thats not every year too in a scale of 5-6 years. Bundesliga is behind spanish and English league no doubt. I thought Young plays left wing. Muller wont be succesful in PL , Young is way better as a winger. Why are we going to the Kaisers, Mullers, Vollers. I havent even seen them play, My opinion is based on the german players who played in PL and I have watched playing. Balllack? Per Mertesacker? Yes not many top players have played in PL but you would expect them to do better than average English players. Explain why Muller would not succeed in the Premier League? Ballack was good in PL? Oh and Michael owen set La Liga on Fire.
There is no doubting that the Prem is a better league BUT it's not like the Bundesliga is the Dutch league or the Portuguese League. Ballack was fairly good at Chelsea, scored some important goals. BTW Michael Owen had the highest goals to minutes Ratio out of all Real forwards (Raul and Ronaldo were there) in the season he was in La Liga.

Schweinsteiger havent performed against the best players in the world? :facepalm: He played for no one when they reached a world cup semi final and CL final .
Peformances against Barca? Milan? Madrid? Chelsea? Inter? United? [ leave out that Fluke win in 2009-10 when we had one of our worst squads ]
Still u cant answer the simple question.Which good DM has he played against? And he is the man:hysterical:
First season for the lad, played few games and got himself Injured so its his fault eh? And you are asking which established DM he has played against? He has just started off FFS so compare him with debutants. You should be asking this question when he has few years of Top Flight Football. So he cant be as good as Scholes was for United even in his plast season?
Most football fans rate players based on their performance for clubs and Country ofcourse apart from PL fans whose players are mostly shite for their clubs. Not really surprising though.
Playing for country is diifferent and playing for Club is. Forlan > Messi , Suarez > Ronaldo in terms of performances for Country. Lets talk only about Club football, I do not rate players on the basis if performances for their Country as Club Players and Vice verse.
Who said Xavi only won because he plays for Barca.He won because he is a quality player no denying it but that doesnt mean u have to win to be consider alongside Xavi.And Schweinsteiger has put in similar performances in the last 2-3 years to be considered alongside Xavi as the best CM in Europe.
Must be in Bundesliga . La Liga > Bundesliga anyday.
The fact that u think its funny saying Cavani is the best striker in Europe shows how ignorant u are away from PL.
Stupid generalization, Did I say any PL player is the best forward in Europe?
Seriously how many matches f Cavanin or Gomez or Schweinsteiger to commenting on them seriously?
I follow La Liga, PL and CL. If thats not enough to measure a player, then nothing is.
Both Bayern and United are as likely to reach Semi as each other as long as they avoid Barca in QF. But certainly Bayern has more chance of winning it than United since the final is in ALianz arena and they do have a better team than United.
In terms of teams City have a better team than United too, they had that even in the last season.

Why are we going to the Kaisers, Mullers, Vollers. I havent even seen them play, My opinion is based on the german players who played in PL and I have watched playing. Balllack? Per Mertesacker? Yes not many top players have played in PL but you would expect them to do better than average English players.
What stupid logic is this.Because an average German player like Mertesacker who is not suited to Arsenal anyway is struggling for Arsenal so no German will play well in PL.So now because Manciene (an English defender ) is struggling in Bundensliga we can assume Rooney will flop in Bundensliga.WHat nonsense logic seriously? ANd for ur info Mertesacker was already rubbish for Wender Bremen last season.So its hardly a surprise he would be struggling.

Surely performances in the World Cup (the greatest tournament on earth) count towards someone proving their class. I disagree that Schweinsteiger is better than Xavi. But it is not impossible for someone to be a better player than Xavi and have his team fail to win the CL. Fabregas was arguably the best player in the Premier League after Ronaldo left. Similarly Barca have a better team than Bayern.
Well yes if you judge how good he is Internationally, it matter, But I would never pass my opinion on a club player judging how he has done Internationally [ These days only]

What stupid logic is this.Because an average German player like Mertesacker who is not suited to Arsenal anyway is struggling for Arsenal so no German will play well in PL.So now because Manciene (an English defender ) is struggling in Bundensliga we can assume Rooney will flop in Bundensliga.WHat nonsense logic seriously?
Well Rooney may not do well in Bundesliga, its not Stupid at all . Leagues are different. Some player suit well in a league than some other league. Shevchenko failed in PL, Veron too. A Player differs from League to league, thats why we have European CL to decide how good one is. Many German players have failed to outclass average english players in PL so its not necessary every German player will do well. And comparing Manciene to Mertesacker doesnt even deserve a Laugh, Manciene is not even average.
ANd for ur info Mertesacker was already rubbish for Wender Bremen last season.So its hardly a surprise he would be struggling.
I saw Mertesacker play for germany and my opinion was based on that.

Well Rooney may not do well in Bundesliga, its not Stupid at all . Leagues are different. Some player suit well in a league than some other league. Shevchenko failed in PL, Veron too. A Player differs from League to league, thats why we have European CL to decide how good one is. Many German players have failed to outclass average english players in PL so its not necessary every German player will do well.
So u wont judge players based based on their individual abilities but based on how someone else who came from other league performed? Seriously? Basically because Morientes follep in PL mean Messi too would struggle in PL Thats even beyond daft.:facepalm:
And comparing Manciene to Mertesacker doesnt even deserve a Laugh, Manciene is not even average.
How he play for Germany? Like how he was dropped from NT after the poor performances for last year qualifiers? Ya u judge based on German form :facepalm:

Most football fans rate players based on their performance for clubs and Country ofcourse apart from PL fans whose players are mostly shite for their countriess. Not really surprising though.
Says you are Ignorant and from Old school. Till 2006 WC - Series A, La Liga were all better than Premiership hence the players performed better too. Not anymore. You make another Stupid comment when you say all PL players are Shyte, Rather you should have said all English players are Shyte for the country. In 2010 WC Rooney [ PL] Ronaldo, Messi [ La Liga] Kaka [La Liga] failed in the WC. Suarez, and Forlan were absolutely brillant. Netherlands made it to the finals and many of the Dutch players are from PL. If Italians, Germans were playing in PL PL players would have out numbered anyother League players in terms of International Trophies. Given English Players played for some other Leagues. Its not the league's fault that English players are Shyte for their Country, PL is still one of the very best in terms of Quality.

So u wont judge players based based on their individual abilities but based on how someone else who came from other league performed? Seriously? Basically because Morientes follep in PL mean Messi too would struggle in PL Thats even beyond daft.:facepalm:
You are Comparing Morientes to Messi? Are you on a High? :facepalm:
How he play for Germany? Like how he was dropped from NT after the poor performances for last year qualifiers? Ya u judge based on German form :facepalm:
In terms of Class and Qualities Manciene < Mertesacker :dontknow:

You are Comparing Morientes to Messi? Are you on a High? :facepalm:
And u comparing a defender who is past his best Mertesacker with Muller made sense? I am just pointing out how poor ur logic is.Nothing else. Either way just lets agree to disagree.U arent going to change Bundensliga or Seria A much and i aint gone change my opinion of highly rate them either.We are just going to debate in circles :two_thumbs_up: P.S. As a matter of fact Mertesacker was never that good a defender to begin with.Its just that Germany were not having many good defenders unlike now where there is a sudden flow of quality albeit inexperienced defenders.I honestly believe Arsenal bought him as a panic buy.

Fair , Lets agree to disagree then. I am a Football Lover , who has Nothing against any leagues , Players or a Team. But its looks like you have something against PL teams or the League itself. Everyone knows English players are shyte for their country, But the PL is perhaps one of the best if not the best.

I dont believe PL is the best league in the world.More like most popular and most marketed league.I do think PL and its players are way too hyped up though(Wilshere and Bale for ex) For me La liga has the best league in terms of quality of players and Bundensliga is the most competitive league(4 winners in last 5 seasons). PL has more top teams (5-6) in equal quality so the matches btw top teams are more competitive than La liga and better quality than Bundensliga.But matches btw top teams and midtable and relegation teams are always predictable. But as a league overall i would rather prefer Bundensliga and even Seria A (atleast nowaday) as they are lot more competitive and unpredictable. Though i do watch all 4 leagues and exactly dont support anyone tbh

La Liga and Seria A WERE Better than PL for sure in the past, Not anymore. PL is competitive, may not be as much as Bundesliga but still more competitive than La Liga and PL teams do produce results in CL Unlike La Liga which is basically a two team league and in CL there is only Barcelona. I do not even think you follow PL. If you do, then you surely have something against PL and shouldnt pass on your judgement being biased.

La Liga and Seria A WERE Better than PL for sure in the past, Not anymore. PL is competitive, may not be as much as Bundesliga but still more competitive than La Liga and PL teams do produce results in CL Unlike La Liga which is basically a two team league and in CL there is only Barcelona. I do not even think you follow PL. If you do, then you surely have something against PL and shouldnt pass on your judgement being biased.
I think its more of a case of you not knowing about anything else other than the Premier League and the latter stages of the CL.

I think its more of a case of you not knowing about anything else other than the Premier League and the latter stages of the CL.
Duh I equally follow La Liga , CL and PL. Already admitted I DO NOT follow Srie A anymore, used to do in the past, and Never followed Bundesliga. Which later stages of CL are you talking about? I didnt say PL is the best its surely one of the best. My point is the number of PL teams that make up the CL semifinal fixtures. If they were shyte that wouldnt have been the case.

Duh I equally follow La Liga ' date=' CL and PL. Already admitted I DO NOT follow Srie A anymore, used to do in the past, and Never followed Bundesliga.[/quote'] Ok then, your lack of knowledge of the Bundesliga (you should not really mock the quality of a league when you do not watch it). Despite following the CL you cannot have watched too many of Bayern's games.

Ok then' date=' your lack of knowledge of the Bundesliga (you should not really mock the quality of a league when you do not watch it). Despite following the CL you cannot have watched too many of Bayern's games.[/quote'] Thats true, please read my other other points I mentioned in the previous post [Edited] And I dont think I have mocked Bundesliga in case you have read, just said its not as good as PL or La Liga. Someday even Dutch league and Portuguese league fans might have the same argument as him.

Ya i do follow Pl much more than u do probably too. That doesnt change the fact that la liga has lot more more quality players than Pl.I never said Laliga is more competitive than PL.So not sure what your point is anyway

This is the problem with some PL fans.If u dont consider PL as the best then u are mocking them.Too much insecurity.
Show one post where I have said Pl is the best, rather you are Gloating over the fact how PL is shyte and even Bundesliga is better than that.