Top five Australia to England Ashes sledges

http://www.sportasylum.com/page/CricketTopFiveDetail/0,,10301~915166,00.html 1. Merv Hughes to Robin Smith, Graeme Hick et al "Mate, if you just turn the bat over you'll find the instructions on the other side" 2. Dennis Lillee to Derek Randall 'I hate bowling at you. I'm not good at hitting a moving target.' 3. Fast bowler Craig McDermott after being dismissed by Phil Tufnell, 1991 "You've got to bat on this in a minute, Tufnell. Hospital food suit you?" 4. Ian Healy to Adam Hollioake (and pretty much every other England batsman) "Back to the nets, dickhead" 5. Australian wicket-keeper Tim Zoehrer to Phil Edmonds, 1986 "At least I have an identity. You're just Frances Edmonds' husband" Last one is funny. Other well known ones ?

James Ormond and Mark Waugh: James Ormond had just come out to bat on an ashes tour and was greeted by Mark Waugh. Mark : "F*ck me, look who it is. Mate, what are you doing out here, there's no way you're good enough to play for England" James: "Maybe not, but at least i'm the best player in my family."

this isnt from the Ashes, but I loved it.... Malcolm Marshall and David Boon: Malcolm Marshall was bowling to David Boon who had played and missed a couple of times. Marshall: " Now David, Are you going to get out now or am I going to have to bowl around the wicket and kill you?"

Greg Thomas had beaten Viv Richards' bat a couple of times and informed the legendary West Indian ace: " It's red, round and weighs about five ounces, in case you were wondering." The very next ball was given the King Viv treament and smashed out of the ground, into a river - at which point Richards piped up: " Greg, you know what it looks like. Now go and find it."

Greg Thomas had beaten Viv Richards' bat a couple of times and informed the legendary West Indian ace: " It's red' date=' round and weighs about five ounces, in case you were wondering." The very next ball was given the King Viv treament and smashed out of the ground, into a river - at which point Richards piped up: " Greg, you know what it looks like. Now go and find it."[/quote'] Beauty ! :hysterical: