Euro 2012

ganeshran

England squad for Euro 2012: Im surprised/dissapointed theres no place for Micah Richards... but Jones can play Rb and CB and midfield if needed...shame Walker is out he is quality. Would think that Bent deserved a place more than Carrol, but injury has dealt his chances a blow...glad Defoe is there too..rest of the squad is a good one. Adam Johnson needs to move to get first team football- he should be there instead of Downing, who has had an ordinary season...
Downing even more surprising has always performed well for England. Therefore, that must have been the reason.

Provisional Netherlands squad Goalkeepers: Tim Krul (Newcastle United FC), Maarten Stekelenburg (AS Roma), Michel Vorm (Swansea City AFC). Defenders: Vurnon Anita (AFC Ajax), Khalid Boulahrouz (VfB Stuttgart), Wilfred Bouma (PSV Eindhoven), John Heitinga (Everton FC), Joris Mathijsen (Málaga CF), Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord), Gregory van der Wiel (AFC Ajax), Jetro Willems (PSV Eindhoven). Midfielders: Mark van Bommel (AC Milan), Nigel de Jong (Manchester City FC), Siem de Jong (AFC Ajax), Adam Maher (AZ Alkmaar), Stijn Schaars (Sporting Clube de Portugal), Wesley Sneijder (FC Internazionale Milano), Kevin Strootman (PSV Eindhoven), Rafael van der Vaart (Tottenham Hotspur FC) Forwards: Ibrahim Afellay (FC Barcelona), Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (FC Schalke 04), Luuk de Jong (FC Twente), Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool FC), Jeremain Lens (PSV Eindhoven), Luciano Narsingh (sc Heerenveen), Robin van Persie (Arsenal FC), Arjen Robben (FC Bayern München)

^ Good squad that, not so great defensviely I dont think which might be their downfall. Kevin Strootman is an all round midfielder in the Roy Keane mould and very highly rated. has kept Nigel De J out of the side lately. Going forward the 1st XI is awesome... I mean having to choose between Huntellaar and RVP is a nice problem- RVP everytime of course. Surprised that Affelay makes it haiving been out all season with injury. I hope they play VDV as deep lying playmaker, RVP/Sneijder/Robben behind The Hunter... might not work against the better sides in the tourno but will be great to watch...

why oh why lumplard,downing,bary,milner? back 4 looks fine, with baines left back ..but absolute no creativity in the mid, only chamberlaine`s an exciting prospect...england can only win if they defend nd look to score on counters nd snatch 1-0 odd wins, otherwise crap side...but i guess they might rech the semis this time dutch have a great attacking line up but they will be vulnerable to goals

^ Downing is a questionable one... Johnson has not played much but scored more goals than him... Lennon has had a better season too...Carrol also debatable...I wish Bent was fit... Barry is ok, a decent defensive midfilder,...has been important for City and esp with Parker likely to be injured he will start... Milner is a quality player and I think he should start.. Lampard was always going to be there, he has ended the season strongly..and in any case the only other realistic contender is Carrick ...probably right about no creativity though...only Gerrards vision through the middle...they have good wingers and Hodgson likes to play with wingers so that is where the chances will be created from...

England squad for Euro 2012: Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (Man City), Rob Green (West Ham), John Ruddy (Norwich) Defenders: Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Man United), John Terry (Chelsea), Joleon Lescott (Man City), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Leighton Baines (Everton) Midfielders: Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Stewart Downing (Liverpool), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Gareth Barry (Man City), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Scott Parker (Tottenham), Ashley Young (Man United), James Milner (Man City) Forwards: Wayne Rooney (Man United), Danny Welbeck (Man United), Andy Carroll (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham) ------- Im surprised/dissapointed theres no place for Micah Richards... but Jones can play Rb and CB and midfield if needed...shame Walker is out he is quality. Would think that Bent deserved a place more than Carrol, but injury has dealt his chances a blow...glad Defoe is there too..rest of the squad is a good one. Adam Johnson needs to move to get first team football- he should be there instead of Downing, who has had an ordinary season...
Richards def should have been there. Crouch and Carroll is 50-50 IMO, not fussed which one is picked as either can be dangerous. Apparently Adam Johnson has personal problems so was not picked. Downing has scored no goals nor has he made any assists this season, his selection is a bit of a disgrace. Only 1 of Walcott and AOC should have been selected not both. Carrick should have been in the squad, it is a disgrace that Jordan Henderson is ahead of him on the standby list.

Agree with the point about Carrick, that was a bit funny...him, Lennon and Richards should have been on standby AT LEAST. Micah could have been there instead of Johnson. Thing about AOC is he can play through the middle, so gives more options. Hodgson likes his 4-4-2 so will be interesting to see the formation...I would guess itll be Carrol and Defoe/Wellbeck up front with Milner and Young on wings, Gerrard and Parker (if fit) or Barry in centre mid. Think the squad is more suited to a 4-3-3 though...Theo, Young and Carrol up front...Gerrard, Milner and Barry/Parker in midfield...

Agree with the point about Carrick, that was a bit funny...him, Lennon and Richards should have been on standby AT LEAST. Micah could have been there instead of Johnson. Thing about AOC is he can play through the middle, so gives more options. Hodgson likes his 4-4-2 so will be interesting to see the formation...I would guess itll be Carrol and Defoe/Wellbeck up front with Milner and Young on wings, Gerrard and Parker (if fit) or Barry in centre mid. Think the squad is more suited to a 4-3-3 though...Theo, Young and Carrol up front...Gerrard, Milner and Barry/Parker in midfield...
yeah 4-3-3 is the formation to play with.. defoe,chamberlain,young up front lumplard,gerrard,milner in the mid

Best of the rest XI From non qualified teams- 4-2-3-1 ...............Begovic (Bosnia and Herg) Lichsteiner (Switzlerland),Vidic (Serbia), Kompany (Belgium), Bale (Wales) .............Sahin (Turkey), Inler (Switzlerland) ........Turan (Turkey), Hazard (Belgium), Vucinic (Montenegro) ................ Dzeko (Bosnia and Herg) :D Honorable mentions: few Belgians like Vertonghen, Vermaelen, Mignolet, Witsel, Fellaini, Nainggolan, Mertens... also Subotic, Pjanic, Misimovic, Shaqiri... in fact might swap Xherdan for Vucinic... With the talent Belgium has at their disposal its a shame theyre not around in this tourno.. lets hope they give England a tough test on Sat

Jordan Henderson :hysterical:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: To me, he is like a footballing version of Ravindra Jadeja. He conned his way into getting a massive money move to Liverpool then conned his way into the national team for a big tournament. The only thing is, i would say Jadeja is a better cricketer than Henderson is a footballer. Jadeja bowls quite well and if he has time to build an innings, i think he is a decent batsman. Henderson is just ****