2014 Lok Sabha Elections thread |Exit poll results

ganeshran

Actually' date=' they could not try and make a worse decision. If Rahul is indeed announced as a PM candidate on this one, it could very well be last we see of him. I would rather have them throw Chidambaram into the mix. Not sure, he would be flattered.[/quote'] Chidu will be lucky to win again from TN this time. He can come from the Rajya Sabha door like MMS though... Pappu has reconciled to the fact that he'll sit in opposition but won't hesitate to prop up Kejri as PM...

Actually' date=' they could not try and make a worse decision. If Rahul is indeed announced as a PM candidate on this one, it could very well be last we see of him. I would rather have them throw Chidambaram into the mix. Not sure, he would be flattered.[/quote'] I think that either they will have Rahul as PM candidate or nobody at all. I don't see the Cong naming someone other than a Gandhi as PM candidate. We may see him as stupid, dumb, having no vision/ideas etc but quite a few workers in the Cong still see him as the leader and many among the top leadership have repeatedly said that he should be the PM candidate - naming someone else would be disastrous form that point of view. Besides, the Gandhi name still gets votes in rural India - Chidambaram etc will not get anything there.

^ Your imagination stretches too far ' date=' even if I try hard I cannot reach tat level. :--D[/quote'] Here's the worst BJP nightmare... Kejri - PM Yogendra - Haryana CM Sisodia - Delhi CM Bhushan - UP CM V Bala - K'taka CM Mayank - Maha CM Gopal - Bihar CM ...and so on...

I dont think so.
If they do, you can come up with some excuses (anti-incumbency blah blah). Fact is, Modi was supposed to hurt BJP's chances, and the assembly elections prove that's not the story (i know, local issues, but if UPA's record can hurt Sheilaji real hard, why wasn't Modi factor destroying the BJP) ? On a different note, all the secularism vs communalism nonsense has been thrown into the garbage after the thrashing in the assembly elections other than the occasional mention by usually Maun mohans. Discussion has now shifted to corruption these days, which is some progress. Hopefully, we'll talk of the economy as well some time down the line.

If they do, you can come up with some excuses (anti-incumbency blah blah). Fact is, Modi was supposed to hurt BJP's chances, and the assembly elections prove that's not the story (i know, local issues, but if UPA's record can hurt Sheilaji real hard, why wasn't Modi factor destroying the BJP) ? On a different note, all the secularism vs communalism nonsense has been thrown into the garbage after the thrashing in the assembly elections other than the occasional mention by usually Maun mohans. Discussion has now shifted to corruption these days, which is some progress. Hopefully, we'll talk of the economy as well some time down the line.
BJP was anyways expected to easily win Assembly Elections in MP, Raj and C'garh. In Delhi if the Modi effect was there then those people who were angry with the Cong would have voted for BJP and not for AAP.

BJP was anyways expected to easily win Assembly Elections in MP' date=' Raj and C'garh. In Delhi if the Modi effect was there then those people who were angry with the Cong would have voted for BJP and not for AAP.[/quote'] Modi effect didn't hurt them as some critics claimed (including you?). Now if you ask me, I'm not sure there's any Modi wave either that would get them to 220+, but 180 is very doable. Besides, Delhi had the history of Lokpal movement on which the AAP rode to gain some potential BJP votes, which is not true for the rest of the country.

Modi effect didn't hurt them as some critics claimed (including you?). Now if you ask me, I'm not sure there's any Modi wave either that would get them to 220+, but 180 is very doable. Besides, Delhi had the history of Lokpal movement on which the AAP rode to gain some potential BJP votes, which is not true for the rest of the country.
here's what I said in the State Elections thread a long time ago - http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=2624563&postcount=56

here's what I said in the State Elections thread a long time ago - http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=2624563&postcount=56
I was pointing towards the larger discussion before NM was anointed as PM candidate. Many critics suggested that he'd hurt the party's chances since he wasn't 'inclusive'. Not that it matters whether it was you, but was it a valid argument ?