Australian Open 2014 - Stan Wawrinka beats Rafa in the final

Cricketics

Delpo vs Nadal would have been a spectacular QF, the pick of them all and my pick for the match of the tournament had it have happened. But Delpo is never going to be great, he simply doesn't put away the outsiders and his fitness is terrible. How can rank 5 guy have such poor fitness that he can't out rally a rank 60 odd. I suppose Delpo only has 2 slams which are winnable for him, Wimbledon and USO, so let's see what happens.

Dimitrov vs Bautista, if Bautista Augut continues playing like he's done this week, that's one of the potential classic matches of the tournament. If Tsonga can finish off Simon quickly, that Fed vs Tsonga R4 match could be epic. Fognini playing doubles as well, so I wonder if he'll have the energy to go toe to toe with Novak. Fognini is in the Tsonga, Monfils brand of player, the exciting unpredictable players. Robredo vs Wawrinka, wow there are some mouth watering match ups to look forward to.

The Rafa fans going berserk over his win today. It was a dominant and comfortable win for him against a talented but very wasteful Monfils. Rafa will be a tough match for anyone in that top half and to be honest unless there's a massive rise in form or a spectacular upset, it's difficult to see beyond a Novak-Rafa final. It's still only the first week, but now the action is about to start the signs are good, the top guys are all looking in ominous form. We have some wonderful match ups already in prospect.

The Rafa fans going berserk over his win today. It was a dominant and comfortable win for him against a talented but very wasteful Monfils. Rafa will be a tough match for anyone in that top half and to be honest unless there's a massive rise in form or a spectacular upset, it's difficult to see beyond a Novak-Rafa final. It's still only the first week, but now the action is about to start the signs are good, the top guys are all looking in ominous form. We have some wonderful match ups already in prospect.
yeah.. expected Monfils to offer more resistance. Everybody is expecting Nadal vs Djokovic final now. Bet365 offers a rate of less then 1 for this combination to be in final. In pre-quarters Tsonga vs Federer should be a good match. Surprisingly Tsonga hasn't dropped a set till now in tournament which is so unlike of him. Other good match would be Anderson vs Berdych. Foginini may offer some resistance to Djokovic.

Wawrinka vs Robredo will be a top notch match you can see Robredo is a fighter and will not give in. Novak cruises through vs an absolutely disgusting performance from Fognini who was mentally beaten early in the 2nd set. Berdych cruises past Anderson, expected and so too Ferrer's win over Mayer. Some much better games tomorrow, I hope they put Bautista vs Dimitrov on TV cause that's probably the toughest one to call.

Amazing match between Nadal and Nishikori. Probably best match of the tournament till now. Though Nadal won in three straight sets but not in straight forward sets. Federer played very well against Tsonga. Tsonga also allowed him to play his natural game. But would he have that liberty against top players he is going to play ahead? Against player outside top 3-4 Federer comes to volley quite a lot but guys like Murray, Nadal and Djokovic keeps him firmly on baseline. Other than Del Po all top 8 reaches quarter finals. Shows how new players have failed to challenge incumbents for long.

True Raghav. Brilliant fight by Nishikori. All three sets. He had his best chance probably in 3rd when he was serving for the set. The young dude will learn. He put up a great fight to the beast. I am Nishikori fan since he made it that far last year. I hope he continues like this. Brilliant energy.