'RCB is a place I can express myself' - Yuvraj

Switchblade

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2014/content/story/718573.html Yuvraj who became the most expensive player purchased at the IPL auction breaking the $2m mark, ahead of Dinesh Karthik, said, "I'm very happy to go to RCB and am looking forward to playing alongside the likes of Chris Gayle and AB and all the other great guys in the team," he told ESPNcricinfo. "But the World T20 is up first and that's what I'm focussed at the moment and am trying to play as much domestic cricket as I can to prepare myself for that, and I hope for the best." Yuvraj believed his top billing meant he would have to tackle greater expectation but added that the environment he is going into would help him work better. "I just feel that I am going to a place where I can express myself," he said. "Everyone's talking about my being the highest-paid player and being bought for so much at an auction, that also means that there is a lot of focus on you and on how you have to win matches, it adds responsibility. In RCB, we've got a lot of guys who are match winners on their own - Gayle, AB, Virat, Albie [Morkel], Rampaul can just take games away single-handed. It's a great bunch, it is great that in that kind of environment, I can go and express myself." The World T20 and the IPL will bring an end to a season in which had Yuvraj found his place in and out of the Indian ODI team, playing series against Australia, West Indies and South Africa scoring one fifty in 11 ODIs and one T20I. He was also not used as a slow-bowling option in eight of those 12 matches. The end of the season he says is not to be treated as one final stand. "I'm not looking at making any big statement. At the end of the season, it's not like I have to prove anything to anyone else [about] what I can do. I have to prove to myself that I have it in me." He reminded that his World Cup performances for India in 2011 were, "proven contributions to the team" and added, "You are not going to be thinking about what others are thinking and what you must prove to them - you have to prove things to yourself - and that is what I am looking to do with all the opportunities I get.