Tennis: ATP/WTA Tour 2014

Raghav_12

Tennis: ATP/WTA Tour 2014  

1. 1.

• Rafael Nadal
    • Novak Djokovic
    • Andy Murray
    • None of the above

Well the good news is Novak won. The bad news is, he didn't play anywhere near his best. As all the pundits and commentators said, Novak's game is not much different to what it's always been, he's great in defense, reliable if not destructive with his serve and his movement on court is second to none. However he's having this inexplicable brain farts at key moments. As for Fed, well he's playing well, but we all know, that at 33 with his powers declining, it's very difficult to see him beating many of the top players over 5 sets. Yes he beat Murray at the AO, but Murray was nowhere near peak form coming from injury. Miami will be interesting, we now have so many sub plots. Rafa hasn't won anything big since last year. Djokovic has just won IW overcoming two very tough matches. So we don't entirely know where his mind is. Murray is still recovering but is defending his title, he's lost a shitload of points already this year. Gulbis and Dimitrov look like that can go deep in these events even if they can't win them. Great summer ahead of us, I can't wait.

As for Fed, well he's playing well, but we all know, that at 33 with his powers declining, it's very difficult to see him beating many of the top players over 5 sets. Yes he beat Murray at the AO, but Murray was nowhere near peak form coming from injury.
Federer is playing extremely well now. You can't discount him just because he is 32 (still have about 5 months to be 33). He is looking fit and the new racquet is helping him to generate a lot of power, especially off the BH wing. Agassi won a bunch of them after he turned 30. If Federer plays well like he did yesterday he can beat anybody. Djokovic had to dig deep. Federer's only problem is Nadal and if he manages to avoid Nadal I don't see why he can't win slams again, especially Wimbledon. Most players have no clue how to play on grass these days.

I've got to say that this is about as awesome of a draw I have ever seen. It's pretty balanced and Novak will have to beat Gulbis, Murray, Fed and probably Nadal to win it. Fantastic draw, big matches everywhere. Nadal will have to beat Jerzy, Delpo and Stan and maybe Novak if he gets there. But I think the draw is most tough on Delpo, this is good, he'll be tested big time. Once again, superb draw. One of the best I've seen in a long time.

I've got to say that this is about as awesome of a draw I have ever seen. It's pretty balanced and Novak will have to beat Gulbis, Murray, Fed and probably Nadal to win it. Fantastic draw, big matches everywhere. Nadal will have to beat Jerzy, Delpo and Stan and maybe Novak if he gets there. But I think the draw is most tough on Delpo, this is good, he'll be tested big time. Once again, superb draw. One of the best I've seen in a long time.
I fully agree, for once we have a pretty balanced draw on paper.

saw the repeat of the final.fed really played well and gave novak a run for his money,congrats novak who held his nerve in the TB .. now off to miami and i think nadal has a serious chance of winning this ,the court is perfect for him.i actually like the draw,fairly difficult for everyone and no free run

saw the repeat of the final.fed really played well and gave novak a run for his money,congrats novak who held his nerve in the TB .. now off to miami and i think nadal has a serious chance of winning this ,the court is perfect for him.i actually like the draw,fairly difficult for everyone and no free run
Miami is faster than IW,Nadal has never won this.

Miami is faster than IW' date='Nadal has never won this.[/quote'] You mean Nadal hasn't won it because it is faster? :hysterical: :hysterical: He has beaten Federer at Miami once, taken him to 5 sets another time when he was just a teenager. He has also lost a very tight final against Novak in 2011, which went to a 3rd set TB. You guys never cease to amaze me. :cantstop: The main reason why Nadal hasn't won it is because he generally does well at IW and enters Miami not fully fresh. Also by the time Miami approaches Nadal's focus starts to change to the clay season where he always has tons of points to defend. This year he has got a break. Although his current form his horrible, he might make a run this time. FYI: ITF classifies IW as medium-slow and Miami as slow.

now off to miami and i think nadal has a serious chance of winning this ,the court is perfect for him.i actually like the draw,fairly difficult for everyone and no free run
bones is right about Miami. It is a slow gritty hard court but it also bounces low. At the same time the conditions in Miami are extremely humid making it even more sluggish. Personally this is my least favorite tournament of all the slams and masters 1000.

You mean Nadal hasn't won it because it is faster? :hysterical: :hysterical: He has beaten Federer at Miami once, taken him to 5 sets another time when he was just a teenager. He has also lost a very tight final against Novak in 2011, which went to a 3rd set TB. You guys never cease to amaze me. :cantstop: The main reason why Nadal hasn't won it is because he generally does well at IW and enters Miami not fully fresh. Also by the time Miami approaches Nadal's focus starts to change to the clay season where he always has tons of points to defend. This year he has got a break. Although his current form his horrible, he might make a run this time. FYI: ITF classifies IW as medium-slow and Miami as slow.
You are free to establish cause effect,I was simply stating that Nadal has not won it

I didn't,they were two different statements. Nadal has as much as a chance as anybody.Was merely stating that it's not an eventuality ..
I apologize for taking it out of context. Secondly with Nadal's form atm, it would be an upset if he wins it. However Miami is definitely not a fast surface. It is low bouncy alright but not fast and coupled with the humid conditions it actually plays very slow. In fact overall it is slower than Indian Wells imo. You should see last year's Miami final and then compare it with Federer Djokovic final of this year's IW. As I said before the dry weather at IW makes the balls travel much faster in the air, kind of like the Denver stadium in NFL where the higher altitude makes the difference.