Tennis: ATP/WTA Tour 2014

Raghav_12

Tennis: ATP/WTA Tour 2014  

1. 1.

• Rafael Nadal
    • Novak Djokovic
    • Andy Murray
    • None of the above

From start of this year' date=' I am seeing that next generation is eventually standing up. Players like NIshikori, Raonic, Dimitrov and others increasingly making deeper and deeper runs in tournaments. While it would be sometime until top guns Nadal, Djoko and Murray could be dislodged from their pedestals, but support act of consistent group consisting of Ferrer, Berdych, Tsonga ets have started falling.[/quote'] Based on what I've seen, it'll be towards the middle of next year the change in guards will occur. It won't be because they young guys are that good, it'll be because the top 4 are entering thr twilight of their careers. The obvious truth is the next generation, Dimitrov, Nishikori, Raonic, Gulbis etc etc, they are not fit to lick the boots of the current top 4. Nadal, Djokovic and Fed were multiple time winners of ATP events and slams at this stage of their careers. Tennis will suffer for a while when the top 4 decline, we've been privileged to watch these guys go at each other and it'll be a while before we see an era close to this one.

Kei pulls out from the semi because of groin injury. Second walkover for Novak. :cantstop:
That is not good. He reached in semi's of a masters first time and had to pull out. Hope Nadal doesn't take long to dispose off Berdych, else it would end up being unfair contest in final.

That is not good. He reached in semi's of a masters first time and had to pull out. Hope Nadal doesn't take long to dispose off Berdych' date=' else it would end up being unfair contest in final.[/quote'] Novak actually got 3 byes considering the first round bye. :hysterical: :hysterical:

Novak actually got 3 byes considering the first round bye. :hysterical: :hysterical:
He has no control over such factors. I've seen a lot of people just quote the same stuff and I have to remind them of just how many players, top 10 players as well, Novak beat at the end of 2013 to win those Asia and European HC events.

Now Berdych also pulls out. I don't think I have ever seen anything like this before. Bizarre stuff. BTW both Rafa and Novak hold 4 masters each now and on Sunday one of them will have 5. So they will be holding all 9 masters among themselves. Amazing.

Now Berdych also pulls out. I don't think I have ever seen anything like this before. Bizarre stuff. BTW both Rafa and Novak hold 4 masters each now and on Sunday one of them will have 5. So they will be holding all 9 masters among themselves. Amazing.
It is really unfortunate for spectators who would have booked their tickets to watch some good Tennis stuff. Hope Sunday final between Nadal and Djoko would be high quality stuff and compensate for this lack of action sufficiently.

All excited to watch installment no 40 of the duel between two best players recent times, Nadal and Djokovic Their rivalry is epic with see-sawing fortunes. I feel momentum is with Djoko. He has had better of Nadal for last 2 meetings. He is more likely to win.

^ Yeah. Djokovic owned Nadal completely. Kept hitting winners after winners. Good first serve. Good back-hand. Nadal had no chance. Though he himself played poorly :((
Nadal played as well as he could,but when Djokovics BH gets going,Nadal has nowhere to hide. Illustrates the power of matchups.

Quite an easy win Djokovic. He completely smothered Nadal. Djokovic is by far the best player on slow hard courts that I have ever seen. It is near impossible to beat him on slow hard courts when he plays he A game, which he did today. Just look at his record against Federer, Nadal and Murray on slow hard courts-- 6-1 over Nadal Indian Wells 2007 : 0-1 Miami 2007 : 1-1 Indian Wells 2008 : 2-1 Indian Wells 2011 : 3-1 Miami 2011 : 4-1 Australian Open 2012 : 5-1 Miami 2014: 6-1 5-1 over Federer Australian Open 2007: 0-1 Australian Open 2008 : 1-1 Miami 2009 : 2-1 Australian Open 2011 : 3-1 Indian Wells 2011 : 4-1 Indian Wells 2014 : 5-1 7-1 over Murray Indian Wells 2007 : 1-0 Miami 2007 : 2-0 Miami 2009 : 2-1 Australian Open 2011 : 3-1 Australian Open 2012 : 4-1 Miami 2012 : 5-1 Australian Open 2013 : 6-1 Miami 2014 : 7-1 That is 18-3 against the three of them. Mind boggling record.

Nadal played as well as he could
No he did not. He has played much better against Novak himself in the past, even in 2011 when Novak was at his absolute best. But Nadal's best is not good enough against Novak on hard courts if he plays his A game.

Quite an easy win Djokovic. He completely smothered Nadal. Djokovic is by far the best player on slow hard courts that I have ever seen. It is near impossible to beat him on slow hard courts when he plays he A game, which he did today. Just look at his record against Federer, Nadal and Murray on slow hard courts-- 6-1 over Nadal Indian Wells 2007 : 0-1 Miami 2007 : 1-1 Indian Wells 2008 : 2-1 Indian Wells 2011 : 3-1 Miami 2011 : 4-1 Australian Open 2012 : 5-1 Miami 2014: 6-1 5-0 over Federer Australian Open 2008 : 1-0 Miami 2009 : 2-0 Australian Open 2011 : 3-0 Indian Wells 2011 : 4-0 Indian Wells 2014 : 5-0 7-1 over Murray Indian Wells 2007 : 1-0 Miami 2007 : 2-0 Miami 2009 : 2-1 Australian Open 2011 : 3-1 Australian Open 2012 : 4-1 Miami 2012 : 5-1 Australian Open 2013 : 6-1 Miami 2014 : 7-1 That is 18-2 against the three of them. Mind boggling record.
Federer beat djoker AO 2007

Well that was an absolute mauling. I've seen many a match between these two, not since the pre-2011 version of Novak have we seen such an emphatic win. If Novak has re-discovered that confidence and form that was missing for a such a long time, I think Nadal might start to worry. It's still too early to say and Nadal is monster on clay, but Novak has been getting closer and closer to toppling him.

Not much to make of the Monte Carlo draw, it being super slow clay, you'd find it difficult to look past Nadal or possibly Djokovic if he doesn't get knocked out early. Last year Monte Carlo didn't tell us much in terms of how RG pans out, I think it won't tell us that much either this year.