For Indian Cricket to improve learn from US Baseball

Midfielder

Kya faaltu baate kar raha hai. It's just a match. There's a WC next year. Then a CT next year. Then a WT20 next year. Then a WC next year. Then a ... Abhi to sab ke sab jeet nahi sakte. No one wins everything in any sport. But with India's team we'll win loads of stuff in the future.
My problem is that this one could have easily be won. Dhoni should not get a free pass.

Well if you know baseball at all, drugs has been an ongoing problem in baseball for atleast a decade and they still have not been able to curb it. The players are alienated once convicted but its pretty obvious the entire set up is involved. Drugs keep evolving and steroid abuse is rampant even in minor leagues. Simply look at the number of repeat offenders..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_players_suspended_for_performance-enhancing_drugs So let them stick their fitness mantras up their backsides and leave it inside the states. Well your concept of what 'one can see' is quite limited. I have seen Mick Skinner in real life and Im pretty sure the fitness of rugby players are on a different planet altogether. By rugby I don't mean the buffoonery americans watch where guys huff and puff wearing helmets and pillows. And my knowledge on sports is limited so there might be plenty of sports out there who can give us lessons........but baseball yeah right. So does a tennis ball and a badminton shuttle.......the thing is comparing a leather cricket ball with a baseball is like comparing a 0.5 calibre to a pea shooter.........to make things easier for you to comprehend the pea is the baseball in this context. Most things are hard for americans. In cricket a waist high full toss is sent outside the stadium.
Drugs are a problem in Cricket too. If you dont think Australians and SA and British players are doing it then we dont share the same planet. In baseball they are caught in cricket they are ignored. Fitness is everything. I dont see how you dont believe in that. baseball is the closest. I will let you figure out why hitting a baseball is hardest thing to do. If you cant figure it out I will help.

Drugs are a problem in Cricket too. If you dont think Australians and SA and British players are doing it then we dont share the same planet. In baseball they are caught in cricket they are ignored.
I dont know how your childish imagination conjures up such nonsense, but I'll try and help.... The explanation is easy, its because they don't. These countries have a far better sporting culture than americans. Also they are willing to sign up and comply anti doping regulations, the only reluctant member was the BCCI. A bowler who swings or spins the ball, a batsmen who drives, cuts, defends the ball, they need skill, injecting stuff like dumb american athletes will not help cricketers improve their game. Its actually detrimental especially in longer formats of the game. So moral of the Story is 'Cricket is a game that requires far far more skill and injecting oneself with nonsense is not the way forward.' So much for american fitness lessons...lol
Fitness is everything. I dont see how you dont believe in that.
Fitness is very important, but baseball players are not benchmarks for any kind of sport. Ask these baseball player to play a 5 day test and bowl spells at 140ks, delivering 50 odd overs, they'll be panting like rabid dogs!!!
I will let you figure out why hitting a baseball is hardest thing to do. If you cant figure it out I will help.
I replied earlier, so here it goes again......
Most things are hard for americans. In cricket a waist high full toss is sent outside the stadium.
Heck they even made metal bats for americans so that they find it easier to play a full toss!!!! Most cricket batsmen would hit that out of the ground with a stump!!

Gilchrist did adopt some baseball hitting techniques that helped him in the WC final 2007 and first few seasons of IPL when he was hugely successful......there are some things we can definitely adapt. Could be useful for T20 Atleast. Also Aussies during their peak era did adopt some outfield throwing techniques from baseball. Apart from that cricket requires a lot more skill

You know so little. Some use performance enhancing drugs but not all do. testing is pretty comprehensive. Have you ever seen a baseball player in real life. It is a treat to watch. along with basketball they are the fittest one can see. Baseball has not lost relevance though TV market is less. 140K is nothing. They regularly pitch at 150 k plus and the ball travels much faster. Hitting a baseball is the hardest thing to do. It is exponentially more difficult than hitting a cricket ball. Let us not turn this into cricket vs baseball but see what one can learn.
Even the highest grossed MLB player A. Rod was banned. I used to be a huge baseball fan back in the days before I realized it's pretty boring compared to cricket. On average the baseball actually travels somewhat faster because pitch length is 6 ft shorter and the pitcher is chucking. The only time when they clock 100MPH is in 9th inning a closer trying to close the game for the starting pitcher. Mithcell Johnson, Dale Steyn clocks 90 MPH for 5 days worth of test cricket whereas baseball pitchers most of the time don't go past 7th innings. Yes, baseball is much harder to hit than cricket because of bat size. Baseball=pitchers game whereas cricket=batsman game. In Baseball batsman also blindly swings at anything which is why even really bad pitching can get you strike outs. US athletes in general are the fittest in the world no matter what the sport is. Even in soccer our players are more fitter than even European who plays soccer a lot more. But really NBA players are the most fittest. I see so many fat over sized baseball hitters.

completely different sports, however putting a baseball in play is much much harder than putting a cricketball in play since the playing area is restricted and bats are thinner and round, a cut shot in cricket will be a foul in baseball, so there is no element of luck involved.

completely different sports' date=' however putting a baseball in play is much much harder than putting a cricketball in play since the playing area is restricted and bats are thinner and round, a cut shot in cricket will be a foul in baseball, so there is no element of luck involved.[/quote'] Right, baseball player job is much more easier. You usually chew gum and go back to dug out 75% of the time. The average batting is .275 meaning only 27.5% of time the ball will be in play. They also make lot more money than cricket players. Nonetheless, if US decides to adopt cricket I am pretty sure we can do well in it too.

Gilchrist did adopt some baseball hitting techniques that helped him in the WC final 2007 and first few seasons of IPL when he was hugely successful......there are some things we can definitely adapt. Could be useful for T20 Atleast. Also Aussies during their peak era did adopt some outfield throwing techniques from baseball. Apart from that cricket requires a lot more skill
Even how they throw from the outfield is a treat. All those motions conserve energy and minimize injury.

completely different sports' date=' however putting a baseball in play is much much harder than putting a cricketball in play since the playing area is restricted and bats are thinner and round, a cut shot in cricket will be a foul in baseball, so there is no element of luck involved.[/quote'] so true.

Right, baseball player job is much more easier. You usually chew gum and go back to dug out 75% of the time. The average batting is .275 meaning only 27.5% of time the ball will be in play. They also make lot more money than cricket players. Nonetheless, if US decides to adopt cricket I am pretty sure we can do well in it too.
Job is not easy it is just hard to hit.

Even the highest grossed MLB player A. Rod was banned. I used to be a huge baseball fan back in the days before I realized it's pretty boring compared to cricket. On average the baseball actually travels somewhat faster because pitch length is 6 ft shorter and the pitcher is chucking. The only time when they clock 100MPH is in 9th inning a closer trying to close the game for the starting pitcher. Mithcell Johnson, Dale Steyn clocks 90 MPH for 5 days worth of test cricket whereas baseball pitchers most of the time don't go past 7th innings. Yes, baseball is much harder to hit than cricket because of bat size. Baseball=pitchers game whereas cricket=batsman game. In Baseball batsman also blindly swings at anything which is why even really bad pitching can get you strike outs. US athletes in general are the fittest in the world no matter what the sport is. Even in soccer our players are more fitter than even European who plays soccer a lot more. But really NBA players are the most fittest. I see so many fat over sized baseball hitters.
Dont say it people over here. Some wont understand.

I dont know how your childish imagination conjures up such nonsense, but I'll try and help.... The explanation is easy, its because they don't. These countries have a far better sporting culture than americans. Also they are willing to sign up and comply anti doping regulations, the only reluctant member was the BCCI. A bowler who swings or spins the ball, a batsmen who drives, cuts, defends the ball, they need skill, injecting stuff like dumb american athletes will not help cricketers improve their game. Its actually detrimental especially in longer formats of the game. So moral of the Story is 'Cricket is a game that requires far far more skill and injecting oneself with nonsense is not the way forward.' So much for american fitness lessons...lol Fitness is very important, but baseball players are not benchmarks for any kind of sport. Ask these baseball player to play a 5 day test and bowl spells at 140ks, delivering 50 odd overs, they'll be panting like rabid dogs!!! I replied earlier, so here it goes again...... Heck they even made metal bats for americans so that they find it easier to play a full toss!!!! Most cricket batsmen would hit that out of the ground with a stump!!
no country has a better sporting culture than US. These countries dont even come close. Cricket does not require any more skill than any other sport. No cricket player in Indian team can pass a benchmark fitness test of baseball. Australians go to US regularly to learn from baseball. Even one of the famous chappel kids tried all his life to play baseball but could not make it. Flat earthers like you make discussion difficult. Once again repeat after me, baseball is the hardest thing to hit.

Great post dude, I did'nt know even half of the stuff you put over there about baseball. Very informative post.

I realized it's pretty boring compared to cricket.
this comes down to which game you more closely follow. im sure americans feel same way about cricket.
Mithcell Johnson, Dale Steyn clocks 90 MPH for 5 days worth of test cricket whereas baseball pitchers most of the time don't go past 7th innings.
pitching is a much more strenuous and damaging to the arm than bowling, that's why majority of pitchers already blow their elbows and require tommy john surgery.
In Baseball batsman also blindly swings at anything which is why even really bad pitching can get you strike outs.
sorry but this quote just destroys all your credibility when discussing baseball. they don't blindly swing at the baseball. a swing has mechanics to it and is highly complex. there is also an art of 'taking' pitches or fouling of good pitches to make pitches work extra hard. im guessing you haven't watched many baseball games

this comes down to which game you more closely follow. im sure americans feel same way about cricket. pitching is a much more strenuous and damaging to the arm than bowling, that's why majority of pitchers already blow their elbows and require tommy john surgery. sorry but this quote just destroys all your credibility when discussing baseball. they don't blindly swing at the baseball. a swing has mechanics to it and is highly complex. there is also an art of 'taking' pitches or fouling of good pitches to make pitches work extra hard. im guessing you haven't watched many baseball games
Some people on this forum are trivializing the game of baseball. They dont understand no one on Indian cricket team can pass the physical strength or endurance of any baseball player.