For Indian Cricket to improve learn from US Baseball

Midfielder

I hate pretty much all american sports except Basketball. All lame. Superbowl ball in play is actually is only 11 minutes lol. 67 minutes spent in players leaving out and standing there. There is that. Baseball most of the time won't be any action. They will be swinging the bat in the air most of the time or mistiming it most of the time. There won't be any grace alos. Standing there like he is going to take a dump lol.

That is far from convincing explanation
Let me convince you then. If someone can jump higher, run faster, lift more wight is definitely more athletic than you. He sure would be able to bowl faster if trained. All I am trying to say to non believers is that hitting baseball is the hardest thing to do. Look at the athleticism a triple play takes. I have never seen that in cricket and I have seen a lot of cricket. Did not mean to offend anyone.

I hate pretty much all american sports except Basketball. All lame. Superbowl ball in play is actually is only 11 minutes lol. 67 minutes spent in players leaving out and standing there. There is that. Baseball most of the time won't be any action. They will be swinging the bat in the air most of the time or mistiming it most of the time. There won't be any grace alos. Standing there like he is going to take a dump lol.
That is your opinion and you do have a right to it. Football to me is the most exciting sport to watch. The DBs and receivers are some of the fastest athletes in the world. Whatever floats your boat.

Same, out of all of them only basketball is bareable, Its very fun to watch. I have only watched 1 or two baseball games. What really turns me off is the fact they are all franchise games. Like what is the point of supporting a state? When in the end it is part of America. Also the baseball players have a gayish outlook. Like I don't mean to sound rude, but why do they wear such tight trousers? Atleast cricket is more colorful and sweet.

Once again you are struggling. Let me give you an example. In early 2000 there was a cricket bowler by the name Bret Lee from Australia and everyone in the world knew he was the fastest legal bowler. So he was told to pitch for a baseball team and get a multi million dollar contract. poor soul was consistently 10 kmh slower than most of the pitchers. Once again remember baseball is the hardest thing to hit.
And the lies and buffoonery continue!!! Brett Lee clocked close to top baseball pitchers, IN HIS FIRST TRIAL!! He did mid 90s while top baseball pitchers do 95-100 miles. Brett Lee chose not to pursue that career, perhaps he did not want to be surrounded by dumb hispanics all the time!! baseball was basically invented because americans were too numbskulled to understand rounders!! Its a simple game i give you that, that's only because america as a nation is getting dumber by the day. SO the highlights of our discussions: - Baseball players thrive on drugs/steroids - They are mostly overweight and plenty of fat players - They don't have the endurance of playing a 5 day test - Americans are losing interest in the game - There are a few fanboys of the game because they love everything american!! - Cricket as a sport and India as a nation can do without baseball or its fanboys

Once again you are struggling. Let me give you an example. In early 2000 there was a cricket bowler by the name Bret Lee from Australia and everyone in the world knew he was the fastest legal bowler. So he was told to pitch for a baseball team and get a multi million dollar contract. poor soul was consistently 10 kmh slower than most of the pitchers. Once again remember baseball is the hardest thing to hit.
Its shocking that being told to do something he's never really worked on at the drop of a hat and he wasn't world class at it. Should've tried out Akhtar, he's had years of preparation

And the lies and buffoonery continue!!! Brett Lee clocked close to top baseball pitchers, IN HIS FIRST TRIAL!! He did mid 90s while top baseball pitchers do 95-100 miles. Brett Lee chose not to pursue that career, perhaps he did not want to be surrounded by dumb hispanics all the time!! baseball was basically invented because americans were too numbskulled to understand rounders!! Its a simple game i give you that, that's only because america as a nation is getting dumber by the day. SO the highlights of our discussions: - Baseball players thrive on drugs/steroids - They are mostly overweight and plenty of fat players - They don't have the endurance of playing a 5 day test - Americans are losing interest in the game - There are a few fanboys of the game because they love everything american!! - Cricket as a sport and India as a nation can do without baseball or its fanboys
His speed was bottom end of pitchers. He was allowed to chuck. He could not get a 30K contract because he was no good. Please stop calling Americans and Hispanic names. That lowers the respect of the forum. These are all fine people. So the main takeaway of our discussion is that I provide data and you call names. India and Australia is already getting ideas from baseball but it is not fast enough pace. Once again just remember baseball is the hardest thing to hit. Fastest legal bowler when asked to chuck could not chuck as fast as high school kids. You can call me names but stop calling names for other countries unnecessarily. Americans are good people but that is another discussion.

What a fail thread! Bowling in Cricket is three dimensional i.e Line' date=' Length and Bounce. Pitching a baseball (an oxymoron) on the other hand is one dimensional i.e stand and throw really fast. No comparison.[/quote'] Once again read baseball 101 and then edit your thread.

His speed was bottom end of pitchers. He was allowed to chuck. He could not get a 30K contract because he was no good. Please stop calling Americans and Hispanic names. That lowers the respect of the forum. These are all fine people. So the main takeaway of our discussion is that I provide data and you call names. India and Australia is already getting ideas from baseball but it is not fast enough pace. Once again just remember baseball is the hardest thing to hit. Fastest legal bowler when asked to chuck could not chuck as fast as high school kids. You can call me names but stop calling names for other countries unnecessarily. Americans are good people but that is another discussion.
“I was in the early to mid-90s miles per hour (145 to 153km/h). “These days their top pitchers are around 95 to 100 miles per hour from what I’m told, so it’s serious pace.” It was on a hot summer’s day 11 years ago that Lee was put through his paces by the Diamondbacks. Despite coming off a poor showing against England at the SCG a few weeks earlier, Lee was firmly entrenched in the Aussie Test side in early 2003. But his athleticism in the field, big lower-order hitting and, most importantly, his ability to send a ball travelling at warp speed caught the eye of some talent scouts from the Diamondbacks ? the same team that will take on the LA Dodgers in this weekend’s showcase games in Sydney. The scouts approached Lee’s manager, Neil Maxwell, and before the Aussie paceman knew it he was throwing a baseball to a man with a mitt while another man held a speed gun. Given how little experience Lee had with a baseball in his hand ? virtually none ? you’d have to think with a bit of practice he could have legitimately competed with the Major League stars in terms of pure pace. “He is every bit as good as I thought he’d be,” one of Arizona’s scouts, John Wadsworth, said at the time. “He has good control and good velocity in his throwing. “He has a natural throwing ability and I think he would go very well in baseball.” But there’s a lot more that goes into being a professional ball player, and it’s something Lee was well aware of then ? and even more so now, after enduring some horror injuries over the course of his long career. “I’ve clicked over 160km/h on about six occasions (in cricket), and it’s really taxing on the body. I know what pressure goes through your body. “Throwing a cricket ball puts a lot of stress puts on your elbow joint because of that snap at the end of your action.” Lee can still remember the excruciating pain he went through more than a decade ago when he snapped the ulna bone in his arm after throwing a ball in from the boundary during a domestic match. With that in mind, the 37-year-old says he’s never had any regrets about his decision not to pursue the opportunities in baseball any further. But Lee’s flirtation with the idea of a career in the US isn’t the most recent example of a cricketer being caught in baseball’s crosshairs. http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/former-test-paceman-brett-lee-discusses-trial-he-had-with-arizona-diamondbacks/story-e6frf3g3-1226861050147
Seems he did fairly well, given he hasn't had much experience or training before. Not as bad as you make out it. Let try that with a baseball pitcher, I am sure he will be whacked out of the park if he bowls 9/10 times!

Ask some of those steroid fed overweight pitchers to bowl 50 overs clocking 140k in a 5 day test match....they might die!!
Please let us be serious. The fastest bowler in the world was asked to chuck and he could not do any better than so many high school players. The hand eye coordination for baseball is extraordinary but that is stillnot the point. It is important they need to manage cricket game like baseball because New Zealand is already doing it. Other ideas are coming from baseball too butthey need to be implemented at warp speed. Let us not tear into each other but I would again say the athleticism of baseball players is exponentially more than cricket players. Trust me Australians definitely do steroids the testing is just not comprehensive. Shane comes to mind,

Seems he did fairly well' date=' given he hasn't had much experience or training before. Not as bad as you make out it. Let try that with a baseball pitcher, I am sure he will be whacked out of the park if he bowls 9/10 times![/quote'] He did fair, No better than a high school player.

Learn what from baseball again? Pls specify as i don't watch a lot of it.
In this context I had team management in mind. There is no way Dhoni should be allowed to select Yuvraj, that should be the decision of batting coach, head coach with nmaybe some input from captain. Captain role should be downgraded. The dynamics of the game are such that decisions should be made in the coaches box than captains mind. Dhoni is not the best thinker in the world. He cost this world cup.

Let me convince you then. If someone can jump higher' date= run faster, lift more wight is definitely more athletic than you. He sure would be able to bowl faster if trained. All I am trying to say to non believers is that hitting baseball is the hardest thing to do. Look at the athleticism a triple play takes. I have never seen that in cricket and I have seen a lot of cricket. Did not mean to offend anyone.
Nonsense. Different sports, different skills, different parameters of 'fitness' - as simple as that. You can't say that one of 100m/1500m/5000m/marathon runner is clearly more athletic than others. "He sure would be able to bowl faster if trained" For how long? Going by the weight stats that you posted on previous page, none of these pitchers (at that size) can survive the stress of even ODI bowling career, test bowling would be far-fetched dream. May be Cricketing countries can learn few things about professionalism or some training/diet regimes from baseball or even soccer. But that is all about it. None of the top cricketer can walkin to a state-level baseball team, and same is true otherways. However, I am willing to bet that given one year to prepare, a top cricket team will give a closer competition in baseball, than a top baseball team can do in cricket. The skill variations possible in cricket is just too many for a baseball team to master in same time frame. Btw, I am not even talking test cricket. I would be surprised if at their (baseball players) current physique, they would be able to play full 5 days of cricket, 3 match series.

Nonsense. Different sports, different skills, different parameters of 'fitness' - as simple as that. You can't say that one of 100m/1500m/5000m/marathon runner is clearly more athletic than others. "He sure would be able to bowl faster if trained" For how long? Going by the weight stats that you posted on previous page, none of these pitchers (at that size) can survive the stress of even ODI bowling career, test bowling would be far-fetched dream. May be Cricketing countries can learn few things about professionalism or some training/diet regimes from baseball or even soccer. But that is all about it. None of the top cricketer can walkin to a state-level baseball team, and same is true otherways. However, I am willing to bet that given one year to prepare, a top cricket team will give a closer competition in baseball, than a top baseball team can do in cricket. The skill variations possible in cricket is just too many for a baseball team to master in same time frame. Btw, I am not even talking test cricket. I would be surprised if at their (baseball players) current physique, they would be able to play full 5 days of cricket, 3 match series.
They would adjust their weight for the requirement. It is so advanced that it will difficult for lot of people to understand. Like in Football they have so many different weights to optimize the position. Off Line 320 lbs D line 290 lbs Rcvr 220 lbs So these guys can easily adjust weight to optimize any action required. It is all science. Once again I have seen plenty of Indian cricket players and trust me none of them could ever pass the minimum physical stand required from a baseball player. Once again if I can out run you, out jump you and lift more than you I am a better athlete than you.

Please let us be serious. The fastest bowler in the world was asked to chuck and he could not do any better than so many high school players.
Oh please...... in his first trial.....the high school idiots u mention of have been throwing baseballs since childhood. 2 questions you are too cowardly to answer: 1) The fact that no baseball player will be able to send a cricket ball down 22 yards at 140 ks accurately maintaining line and length.......No baseball player....none....nada.....or else prove it? 2) The fat baseball pitchers cant last the trials of a 5 day test. They are not fit enough to send down 300 odd deliveries at searing pace. Name one?!
Trust me Australians definitely do steroids the testing is just not comprehensive. Shane comes to mind' date='[/quote'] You are a fool and a liar, Australians were the first on board to agree the WADA regulations. Steroids are rampant in baseball, not in cricket and definitely not in Australian cricket....if not prove that they do use.....PROOF?! What a pile of utter nonsense again, Where in the hell does it say that a baseball player has to weigh so much. They are fat and unhealthy........its an accepted fact. You are denying it because you know NOTHING!! Heres an actual american report as to how baseball players are overweight and unfit: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/MensHea...ry?id=10001820 In every major sport the emphasis is to be light, lean and fit. Not for baseball, the mantra there is steroids, overweight and dumb fans. If you take their BMI index into account these baseball players are highly obese. You are telling me Prince Fielder is fit. The likes of Kohli and Jadeja will run rings round the fat pig!! Heck even americans agree he is a fat sob. For a sport which is supposedly rely on quick movement and running the ideal way is to be lean muscular and light. Just check the players in this report, they are heavy, huge waist lines.... http://xfinity.comcast.net/slideshow/sports-10fattestbaseballplayers/11/