For Indian Cricket to improve learn from US Baseball

Midfielder

Pinpoint throwing from the outfield is already being implemented by australians. Baseball has optimized the motion to reduce injury.
Yeah, I know. good for them
Running between the wickets can be improved drastically.
IMO, we can't compare this aspect between these sports as the techniques differ. For a start, in baseball runners run with free hands. In cricket, they run with bunch of protection gears and the bat. In baseball, for the batters, its pretty much run-like-hell once the ball touched the bat and its in legal play area. In cricket, batsmen need to assess the situation first, whether to run or not; sinlge or double. For stealers, they just need to have more awareness and can start run or return at any point and they run independently. For non-strikers in Cricket, they can run only when the ball goes to batsman and then he again has to assess the situation. And mainly, he has to make sure the batsman responds to his call. He can't simply run super fast blindly. Then there are small differences like sliding for base - diving forward for crease; Turn 90 deg left for second run - change direction to 180 deg for second run; So I don't think Cricket players need to read too much into the baseball player's running between the bases. They just need to learn to run as fast as they can with all those protection gears and bat.
There probably is not a single cricket player who can run as fast as the baseball player stealing bases
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. :)
Biggest thing can be physical standards. case in point Yuvraj if he was hurt he should not play. Rule is if you cannot practice on thursday you cannot play on sunday.
I agree, Indian Cricketers and management need to be more strict about their physical fitness and dicipline.. But I don't see how this is baseball exclusive thing. This is general thing that is common in all sports.
The biggest thing you can learn is game management from baseball. The decision making should be in the hands of coaches and assistant coaches not captain. In that context SL clearly out thought India and Dhoni is pretty dumb. Poor decision making cost India this game.
I don't know what kind of decision making you are talking. It may work for the decisions taken before the match or while batting but it won't while bowling. While bowling, there are lot of decisions needs to be taken on the spot. The coach can't send a message all the time to the bowling team captain regarding field placement , bowler changes and all. So this is entirely should be captain's decision. So the baseball model won't work here.

Exactly, the chances of a baseball pitcher even bowling in a straight line is nada!!! But you dont see people over here arguing how great cricketers are because a baseball player cant do this....its a stupid argument, just like yours. If Brett Lee can pitch at that pace accurately in his first attempt, imagine him with greater focus and practice. The thing is he did not bother........being surrounded by hispanics is not comforting!! And you haven't answered the questions I asked!! What a pile of bollocks!!! You don't know what your talking about so why don't you just shut up rather than make up this nonsense. Why the hell does Prince Fielder whose about 5'10" need to weigh close to 130kgs Optimized for what exactly.....not fitting through a door?! What part of baseball requires a player to be heavily built. Generalising his physical activities He pitches, runs, catches, swings the bat and fields.......WTF does he need to weigh 300 POUNDS?! These guys are fat and obese. Their appalling discipline means before the season starts they rely on anabolic steroids to get in shape quickly!! Stop arguing they need to be heavy, I can understand if a NFL player of a Rugby Union player needs to be big. Not a baseball player. Optimized motions my foot!!! Take your amateur lies and push it up your backside!! Are you telling me that Prince Fielder will run faster than Kohli or Jadeja?!! Heck even Inzi will be faster than that obese hippo. baseball fitness standards....lol!!! Andre Russell clocks 100 meters in 10.45 secs, how many of these fat baseball 'athletes' clock that? You know nothing about any sport. Cant deny that....they are unmatched....haven't seen so many FAT people play a 'sport' like they do in baseball.
Let me get thru to you, Bret Lee was using that motion all his life and still was not as fast as aa high school kid. His physical strength is not as much as baseball players. I need numbers not bs rhetoric from you. If a major league baseball player is fat tahn let me tell about his speed. A typical baseball player runs for the first base in 4.2 secs. Can you give some numbers please and not bs rhetoric. Show me average cricket players speed that matches this speed. Data is everything, you still have not come up with numbers.All you are is nothing but lot of hot air.

One again baseball has less than 2 sq in area to hit with and cricket 160 sq in. Who has better hand eye coordination?
You know NOTHING about cricket!! Get this through your head, a baseball player has to hit a full toss, the only variables are speed and movement in the air. Now Surprise Surprise, a batsman has to worry about another dimension, movement of the pitch. You obviously haven't played cricket to understand this. A baseball player doesn't have to deal with a 140k bouncer, seaming of the pitch!! For a cricket batsman a full toss is easy runs, forget a baseball bat he will dispatch that with a stump. Secondly in cricket the scoring shots are lot tougher, well firstly its not a full toss and second he needs to use the face of the bat to place the ball between 11 fielders. A concept americans are too dumb to understand.

Let me get thru to you, Bret Lee was using that motion all his life and still was not as fast as aa high school kid. His physical strength is not as much as baseball players. I need numbers not bs rhetoric from you. If a major league baseball player is fat tahn let me tell about his speed. A typical baseball player runs for the first base in 4.2 secs. Can you give some numbers please and not bs rhetoric. Show me average cricket players speed that matches this speed. Data is everything, you still have not come up with numbers.All you are is nothing but lot of hot air.
Im not the one defending baseball here you are....I already presented proof as to why its such a dumb sport. I gave you numbers, I told you how fat they are, how much they weigh, BMI index etc...etc... gave ample of proof as to WHY: Lesser people watching baseball now How fat baseball players are How unfit they are. Rampant use of steroids among baseball players. Now its your turn to give me numbers....show me some proof as to 'How baseball players are soooo fitter than cricketers?' or is that simply in your dreamworld.....because so far thats what it looks like. Cmon defend your loved sport. Or is it that when it comes to research you have no numbers to show and the only way you respond is by made up nonsense. Cmon child time to grow some balls and put some facts in front of your fiction!!

Brett Lee practises throwing from the outfield, most of the time he would be collecting the ball to just get it in, as run outs are on rarely. He doesn't practice letting it rip day and night, therefore not working those muscles in the same way

One thing cricket can develop like baseball is something similar to sabermetrics view towards stats. Cricket stats don't have any measurement of clutch performances. We don't know if a century is scored while game is doomed to be draw on a road while playing out mandatory overs or it was a century scored on seaming pitch. They should have a stat like they have in baseball close and late or something if I am not wrong. But baseball has become too much infested with drugs and steroids to call it even a real game, it has become like WWF.

One thing cricket can develop like baseball is something similar to sabermetrics view towards stats. Cricket stats don't have any measurement of clutch performances. We don't know if a century is scored while game is doomed to be draw on a road while playing out mandatory overs or it was a century scored on seaming pitch. They should have a stat like they have in baseball close and late or something if I am not wrong. But baseball has become too much infested with drugs and steroids to call it even a real game, it has become like WWF.
That is something people dont understand about the detailed stats they keep. Drug problem is being taken care of.

Brett Lee practises throwing from the outfield' date=' most of the time he would be collecting the ball to just get it in, as run outs are on rarely. He doesn't practice letting it rip day and night, therefore not working those muscles in the same way[/quote'] He uses that motion all the times still was not good enough.

Im not the one defending baseball here you are....I already presented proof as to why its such a dumb sport. I gave you numbers, I told you how fat they are, how much they weigh, BMI index etc...etc... gave ample of proof as to WHY: Lesser people watching baseball now How fat baseball players are How unfit they are. Rampant use of steroids among baseball players. Now its your turn to give me numbers....show me some proof as to 'How baseball players are soooo fitter than cricketers?' or is that simply in your dreamworld.....because so far thats what it looks like. Cmon defend your loved sport. Or is it that when it comes to research you have no numbers to show and the only way you respond is by made up nonsense. Cmon child time to grow some balls and put some facts in front of your fiction!!
If a player is getting to first base in 4.2 secs why does his weight matter to you. You are not his mom or girlfriend (maybe girlfriend). Show me speeds athleticsm backed by numbers which you have not done. Till you dont do that you are hot air. Put some numbers down.

You know NOTHING about cricket!! Get this through your head, a baseball player has to hit a full toss, the only variables are speed and movement in the air. Now Surprise Surprise, a batsman has to worry about another dimension, movement of the pitch. You obviously haven't played cricket to understand this. A baseball player doesn't have to deal with a 140k bouncer, seaming of the pitch!! For a cricket batsman a full toss is easy runs, forget a baseball bat he will dispatch that with a stump. Secondly in cricket the scoring shots are lot tougher, well firstly its not a full toss and second he needs to use the face of the bat to place the ball between 11 fielders. A concept americans are too dumb to understand.
I have played lot of cricket. Baseball comes at you much faster than cricket ball. If anything ground slows down the ball. Baseball bat has under 2 sq in hitting area and cricket bat has 160 sq in. Hand eye coordination needed is phenomenal. Baseball has lot more variation in the air. You need to understand fluid dynamics to get that. Lot of baseball concepts are already being used like the batters stance has changed compared to twenty years ago. Throwing from outfield has changed. there are more ideas to be borrowed .

If a player is getting to first base in 4.2 secs why does his weight matter to you. You are not his mom or girlfriend (maybe girlfriend). Show me speeds athleticsm backed by numbers which you have not done. Till you dont do that you are hot air. Put some numbers down.
Show me proof....dont make numbers, Prince Fielder does first base in 4 odd seconds my foot ....WHERE IS THE PROOF?!

I have played lot of cricket. Baseball comes at you much faster than cricket ball. If anything ground slows down the ball.......... Baseball bat has under 2 sq in hitting area and cricket bat has 160 sq in. Hand eye coordination needed is phenomenal.
Baseball: 2 variables in a ball, Speed and movement in the air. Cricket: 3 variables, Speed, movement in the air and movement of the pitch....3 you see, more of a challenge for a batsman. Things cricket batsmen have to deal with that baseball players don't and cannot: SPIN Types of Pitches: BOUNCY tracks, TURNING ones etc... BOUNCE SEAM movement Change in LINE & LENGTH Beyond this they need to pierce a ground with 11 fielders, for which they need timing and placement. A cricket batsman has to focus on temperament, hand/eye co-ordination, technique and timing. Hitting a baseball is lot easier. Its a full toss and the faster they come the quicker it disappears!! A baseball pitcher varies his pace and swing, all his variations are dependent on only these 2 factors. BUT the lengths do not change, line does not, pitch doesn't matter etc...etc....
Baseball has lot more variation in the air. You need to understand fluid dynamics to get that.
A cricket ball swings in the air, the swing varies as the ball gets older, then there's reverse swing!!! A baseball does not age like a cricket ball, especially since a ball does not have a defined seam and it does not get used for 200-250 odd deliveries!!! Fluid dynamics.....bollocks......most of those hispanics havent been to school let alone understand fluid dynamics. Its a skill you fool....they don't teach this in school!! If you played cricket you would understand this....BUT YOU HAVENT!!! And if you claim you did, then you're lying or you would have known this rather than me having to drill this into ur thick skull.

I have played lot of cricket. Baseball comes at you much faster than cricket ball. If anything ground slows down the ball. Baseball bat has under 2 sq in hitting area and cricket bat has 160 sq in. Hand eye coordination needed is phenomenal. Baseball has lot more variation in the air. You need to understand fluid dynamics to get that. Lot of baseball concepts are already being used like the batters stance has changed compared to twenty years ago. Throwing from outfield has changed. there are more ideas to be borrowed .
Baseball may be difficult to hit because of speed & smaller surface of bats but that's why they miss 75% of times on an aggregate. So what's the big deal. Not like they have super reflexes & hit everything.