For Indian Cricket to improve learn from US Baseball

Midfielder

Cricket evolved from Test Cricket. You would be an imbecile to take up a baseball stance in a test match. 'Batting' in baseball has one objective - swing hard. Cricket is much more multi-dimensional.
+1 Taking a baseball stance is the last thing you shld do in cricket. Cricketers shld stay away from this stupid sport called baseball. They shldn't mix different sports [/thread]

Got to say shortbread has this one. Sorry Missfielder I think its time you retire from this one. Follow Nball and retire peacefully and gracefully. Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
reason I didn't post anymore in this tread is there is no point arguing on a cricket board that baseball is more fun. of course it is fruitless. I can argue day and night about the difficulties of putting in the field of play a baseball rather than a cricket ball but you folks wouldn't understand. for you baseball is just hitting a bunch of full tosses. I appreciate midfielder' efforts and agree with him, hitting a baseball into play (not fouls or groundouts) is much much more difficult that hitting a cricket ball into play because of the restrictive rules for the batters in baseball (restricted area of the field, more fielders per area than cricket, faster outfielders, more umpires, gloves, longer fields than cricket). I mean for all purposes you have to love a game to appreciate it. I love baseball and cricket and because I am in America and follow baseball more I love baseball more. cricket was my first love. I cried when india lost, but thesedays because of the MC/BC abusing youth and commercialization + untalented players I don't like it as much. I played some amount of league cricket in usa and let me tell you the ball does not come as fast as a baseball pitch.

cricket was my first love. I cried when india lost' date=' but thesedays because of the MC/BC abusing youth and commercialization + untalented players I don't like it as much. I played some amount of league cricket in usa and let me tell you the ball does not come as fast as a baseball pitch.[/quote'] Commercialization........enlighten me nballa....is there none in baseball?! Cricket is not perfect...far from it, but please don't tell me baseball is perfect. Steroid abuse is just one of the many issues. Youth abuse in every nation MC/BC or the 'F' word, the only sugar-coated sport left might be chess. Untalented players.......you haven't seen cricket lately...have you?! Or where you refering to the steroid fed hispanics in baseball?! The argument started when dudfielder started claiming baseball is the epitome of fitness, then his nonsense was caught red-handed. Had he said, football, tennis, rugby, I would have agreed plenty of fitness tips to be taken from these sports. Baseball....nope.....the rate at which cricketers are getting fitter each passing season, wont be long before baseball takes notice.

This thread has become more about cricket vs baseball and it's a no brainer that overall as a sport cricket requires moreskill but the OP is not far off when he says cricket can take things from Baseball... infact it already has and I am not talking about fitness drills and moneyball concepts but things like Throwing from the outfield Slower balls hitting techniques-Gilchrist and recently didn't Rahane say he was adopting some baseball hitting technique working with Amre?

This thread has become more about cricket vs baseball and it's a no brainer that overall as a sport cricket requires moreskill but the OP is not far off when he says cricket can take things from Baseball... infact it already has and I am not talking about fitness drills and moneyball concepts but things like Throwing from the outfield Slower balls hitting techniques-Gilchrist and recently didn't Rahane say he was adopting some baseball hitting technique working with Amre?
Ashwin has resorted to baseball style hitting. Other day six landed somewhere in the commentary box.

Seam of 8 cuts the air in multiple direction whereas single seam deviates left and right only. There is no equivalent of corkscrew motion in cricket.
You do not understand fluid dynamics. Yes, cricket does not have spiralling corkscrew motion. Baseball does not have anyehere close to the lateral deviatipn in the air or dip like in cricket. Seam of figure 8 cancels out a lot of the deviations. Axial seam of cricket ball does not Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2

Most of the muscle group used in throwing action is the same. Bret Lee was the fastest that is why he was offered an opportunity. Yes the hitters do. Some are fast some are slow but the average speeds are astounding. People who dont make the cut are faster than most of the cricket players. The speed and accuracy of triple play is amazing. This is not personal.
Muscle group is irrelevant. We use the same muscle group for running and skating. Does not mean peoficiency at one leads to the other. The fact is, cricketers do not throw the ball as a pitch in baseball so lee is no benchmark. Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2

You do not understand fluid dynamics. Yes, cricket does not have spiralling corkscrew motion. Baseball does not have anyehere close to the lateral deviatipn in the air or dip like in cricket. Seam of figure 8 cancels out a lot of the deviations. Axial seam of cricket ball does not Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2
Lateral movement is hard to handle a corkscrew is impossible. Seam 8 has lot more variation and turbulence. Straight seam not so much.

Muscle group is irrelevant. We use the same muscle group for running and skating. Does not mean peoficiency at one leads to the other. The fact is, cricketers do not throw the ball as a pitch in baseball so lee is no benchmark. Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2
Motions are the same. This is not difficult but it is true" A baseball player can play any sport better than other sport player can baseball."

All I am trying to say that people need to learn something from baseball but some folks are reacting as if I have stepped on their peckers.

it's becoz baseball batters are swingling blindly to chucking. In cricket, you can touch the ball and do nothing. A cricketer can play baseball without practice. A baseball player can't play cricket without learning the basics. He would crap his pants at the sight of a cannon ball rising from the gound directed at your ribs/box/belly/chest/head.
Look at the numbers it is not a cannon ball anymore.

Cricket evolved from Test Cricket. You would be an imbecile to take up a baseball stance in a test match. 'Batting' in baseball has one objective - swing hard. Cricket is much more multi-dimensional.
I have seen enough test cricket, I will take t20 over test any day.