The BJP thread

kabbirann

the way i see it the BJP rajya sabha account should peak at about 70-75 from the current 47/48 they currently have by 2019 general elections Thats excluding nominated people ofcourse. NDA should be about the 80-85 mark by 2019 general elections. the BJP just dont have the presence needed in places like Tamil nadu kerala Seemandhra and Telangana in the respective state assemblies to made big gains. If the BJP sweeps UP Bihar then they can push on towards 90 odd in the RS post the 2019 general elections.

NDA have enough in a joint session 335 lok sabha + 60 odd in the rajya sabha. Just about. It may get better. They might join hands with the PDP and have 2 rajya sabha seats from JnK instead of the 1 they currently have. One thing is clear the congress is going to start bleeding badly in the rajya sabha. Take Delhi. with AAP and BJP miles ahead the congress is just not going to retain those 3 rajya sabha seats. Either AAP or BJP will have them. Ditto kashmir even if they join hands with the NC at max the congress can expect to retain 1 rajya sabha seat. Even then if the BJP and PDP combine is game over. The congress will be reduced to about 40-45 rajya sabha seats by 2019.

No. Lok Sabha has 543 and Rajya Sabha has 250 - that's 793. 2/3rd would be 529 - NDA isn't even close to it currently.
Joint session requires simple majority, not 2/3rd. So a lot of reforms can be enforced. By signing the ordinance for the Land Acquisition Bill, Central govt. has played a very good hand. Any party seen opposing the Bill will be looked as anti-development.

Joint session requires simple majority, not 2/3rd. So a lot of reforms can be enforced. By signing the ordinance for the Land Acquisition Bill, Central govt. has played a very good hand. Any party seen opposing the Bill will be looked as anti-development.
Yeah,joint session doesn't need 2/3rd majority. Joint Session definitely looks like a possibility this year - in fact Arun Jaitley said something like "the Govt will use all constitutional means to get its Ordinances passed as Bills" when asked about a Joint Session.

For constitutional amendment there is no provision of joint session They must be presented in either house of the parliament and must be approved by a majority of each houses and not less than 2/3 majority of each house present and voting
Thats the problem for NDA in Rajya Sabha for another 1 year at least so till then I guess they will use a Joint Session.

Thats the problem for NDA in Rajya Sabha for another 1 year at least so till then I guess they will use a Joint Session.
So we can forget abt constitutional amendments like uniform civil code n article 370 as they require 2/3rd in both houses separately Even in normal bills, the maximum effort is to try the very best to get consensus in RS n very few bills have ever been passed by way of joint session while that always is an option

For constitutional amendment there is no provision of joint session They must be presented in either house of the parliament and must be approved by a majority of each houses and not less than 2/3 majority of each house present and voting
Yep. That's why NDA will need two terms to fully fulfil their manifesto promises. 370 and UCC will be very difficult to amend until 2019.

^ they need thumping majorities. On social issues like 370 and UCC only the Sena can be counted on 100% to back them. I would not rely 100% on TDP and Akalis on that count. For all you know BJP forms government again but TDP has lost out in Andhra. Ditto Akalis

So we can forget abt constitutional amendments like uniform civil code n article 370 as they require 2/3rd in both houses separately Even in normal bills, the maximum effort is to try the very best to get consensus in RS n very few bills have ever been passed by way of joint session while that always is an option
Yep. That's why NDA will need two terms to fully fulfil their manifesto promises. 370 and UCC will be very difficult to amend until 2019.
Anyway, 370 and UCC are issues where the Govt will have to do a LOT of homework before even trying because it will have to negotiate with and mollify a large number of people/organizations/religions etc. I expect them to start work on this in 2015 itself - that will take about 3-4 year at least.

^ they need thumping majorities. On social issues like 370 and UCC only the Sena can be counted on 100% to back them. I would not rely 100% on TDP and Akalis on that count. For all you know BJP forms government again but TDP has lost out in Andhra. Ditto Akalis
Art. 370 should be far easier to settle than UCC I guess, as if any party supports UCC it will fear losing Muslim votes Edit - for ex. An aiadmk could support bjp on art. 370 butprobably not on ucc

Art. 370 should be far easier to settle than UCC I guess, as if any party supports UCC it will fear losing Muslim votes Edit - for ex. An aiadmk could support bjp on art. 370 butprobably not on ucc
this is what i mean, however there is some merit in BJP going for UCC even if it fails. Adds to their vote base.

I may like or dislike AAP but one thing that is pissing me off is the way BJP netas are addressing AAP members on TV. They try to get personal, insult them and basically abuse them. Couple of days ago a senior BJP member told AAP member on NDTV (or Timesnow) that I dont want to talk to you more as you are getting humiliated and it will be termed as "child abuse". Is this how a senior member should speak ? I see this disrespect from BJP that I never saw before, I know you want to be dismissive of AAP but have some decency. Now dont get back to me that AAP did this and Congress did this as 2 wrongs dont make a right. These people have been weird on TV but now using child molestation with a smile on the face, IMO is crossing the line.
Aap have crossed the limit many times,some of their members are too arrogant and blunt,ashutosh,khaitan,sissodia have all talked in disrespectful way. I have watched many debates in various news channels in the last 1 year and I am saying this on the basis of having watched the debates for a long time.somnath bharti saying I want to spit on jaitley,sissodia saying jab aapki ladki sadaj pe jalayi jayegi etc etc . I do agree that nalin Kohli crossed the line and shouldn't have said that in a bullying way but aap leaders are no doodh ka dhula and have their moments of verbal diarrhea