Roland Garros 2014 - Rafa and Maria are the champs!

bones

Give it up' date=' I have already thrashed that BS. [/quote'] you think too much of yourself. raising some valid doubts to a correlated theory and thrashing it are two different things. It is a fact that lefties have enjoyed far greater Grand Slam success than their share and it is also a fact that being able to serve with the arm out wide on the ad-court is a definitive advantage. Yes, he is. But he is not 15-1 better, thats the leftie advantage talking.

you think too much of yourself. raising some valid doubts to a correlated theory and thrashing it are two different things. It is a fact that lefties have enjoyed far greater Grand Slam success than their share and it is also a fact that being able to serve with the arm out wide on the ad-court is a definitive advantage.
There is no distinct advantage and I have already proved your theory to be concocted with valid examples before. A lefty may have a novelty factor early on in his career, but that only lasts for a couple of years at max. As I said before there would be more lefty great players and more players in the top 100 if it was so easy for them. In the last 30 years, post McEnroe, from 1985-2014 there have been only one great player. Your slam success percentage is flawed as I have already demonstrated earlier. Even from a head to head perspective, I have showed before that if you exclude Nadal, there is nothing that validates your theory. You can't take one of the greatest players of all time, Nadal and take his achievements to generalize a theory and effectively discredit him. That only reflects your butthurt state transpired by the royal ownage of your idol by Nadal in the last 10 years. It is only a game, no need to beat yourself up over this.
Yes, he is. But he is not 15-1 better, thats the leftie advantage talking.
Do you have an allergy for statistics? It is actually 21-6 with 2 slam wins for Ferrer. Yes he is that much better. Ferrer is 0-14 against Federer and have zero slam wins over Djokovic and 1 against Murray, that too on clay, Murray's weakest surface. So his record against Nadal is not out of the ordinary.

There is no distinct advantage and I have already proved your theory to be concocted with valid examples before.
You have proved no such thing. You merely stated that my stats are not conclusive of lefties statistical superiority, which I agreed: that it is not conclusive. But you provided no counter to the facts (% of gs won by lefties) and you definitely did not challenge the fact that tennis game mechanics favor lefties.
A lefty may have a novelty factor early on in his career, but that only lasts for a couple of years at max. As I said before there would be more lefty great players and more players in the top 100 if it was so easy for them. In the last 30 years, post McEnroe, from 1985-2014 there have been only one great player. Your slam success percentage is flawed as I have already demonstrated earlier. Even from a head to head perspective, I have showed before that if you exclude Nadal, there is nothing that validates your theory.
All this proves that: A) you have not grasped the theory well enough and B) you are making a strawman argument.
You can't take one of the greatest players of all time, Nadal and take his achievements to generalize a theory and effectively discredit him. That only reflects your butthurt state transpired by the royal ownage of your idol by Nadal in the last 10 years. It is only a game, no need to beat yourself up over this.
Or on the corollary, nadal fanatics like you get all worked up when simple game dynamics are discussed, such as lefties advantage (something that every single person whos recieved coaching knows) because it exposes your hero for having an unfair advantage. No need to be so butt hurt, kiddo. When you get a bit older, you will see how silly your fan-based mentality in tennis is. Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2

Roland Garros 2014

You have proved no such thing. You merely stated that my stats are not conclusive of lefties statistical superiority' date=' which I agreed: that it is not conclusive. But you provided no counter to the facts (% of gs won by lefties) and you definitely did not challenge the fact that tennis game mechanics favor lefties.[/quote'] You don't even have any stat. The only stat that you provided is that the percentage of grand slams victories are higher for lefties than there natural percentage. That is not even a logic. I think I have made this clear a number of times that a single lefty is good enough to skew that. Just like in the last 30 years one Rafael Nadal is good enough to tilt that balance. Is that your rebuttal? Your only argument that a lefty has a better chance of saving a break point can also be used otherwise-- that a righty has more chances of creating BPs against lefties or converting game points while serving. When you create more you put more pressure and eventully break. There is no other advantage. So you are the one clutching at straws here not me, just like you were clutching at Straws with the fake statistics about Ferrer, which you conveniently ignored once I proved you wrong. Unlike you I don't go around displaying my insecurities at every step. Fedtards like you go around spewing bullshit and try to discredit other players, there is nothing new to that. First it was Sampras before 2008-09 after that it is Nadal. I can make a list of the asinine comments (or excuses)made by you only to display your perennial butthurt. I mean Federer lost a few days ago and we don't see a single comment from you about that, but you had to make a stupid comment about Nadal. 1) Lefty advantage 2) Single handed BH as an excuse. 3) Clay is inferior 4) courts became slower as soon as Nadal started winning on them. 5) Nadal is modern day Michael Chang 6) He would not have won half the slams if he was not a lefty. 7) Nadal doesn't have good serve, return, FH, BH, volley, pretty much every aspect of the game, yet has 13 slams to his name. The list doesn't stop. Anyone who reads this board can tell who is insecure here. You would not see me going around trying to discredit Djokovic or Federer. However when asked tough questions you back out. Let me specifically ask you a few questions-- 1) Give me the statistics of lefties in top 100 guys for the last 10 years (year ending would do) and show me that it is favoring lefties significantly. 2) Head to head of lefties other than Nadal with their contemporaries, be it McEnroe or Connors or anyone else in the open era. So grow up and try to act like someone of your age, not a teenage fangirl.

You don't even have any stat. The only stat that you provided is that the percentage of grand slams victories are higher for lefties than there natural percentage. That is not even a logic. I think I have made this clear a number of times that a single lefty is good enough to skew that. Just like in the last 30 years one Rafael Nadal is good enough to tilt that balance.
The fact that one single leftie is enough to skew the stats is not the issue here, the issue here is there being 4 lefties who had combined for 39 slams spread over 50 years. That is not just one anomalous data skewing the distribution, that is a distinct trend.
Is that your rebuttal? Your only argument that a lefty has a better chance of saving a break point can also be used otherwise-- that a righty has more chances of creating BPs against lefties or converting game points while serving. When you create more you put more pressure and eventully break. There is no other advantage. So you are the one clutching at straws here not me, just like you were clutching at Straws with the fake statistics about Ferrer, which you conveniently ignored once I proved you wrong.
Saving a break point due to an advantage of game mechanics, is far, far greater advantage than creating one. That much, should be obvious to any simpleton who's held a tennis racket. You create 20 break points, i the leftie serve out wide for 10 aces and 10 service winners. You get nothing. Creating opportunities mean nothing. The distinct advantage is on points where you do have to convert the breaks. And that is where the leftie has a significant advantage- the reason why the slam % of lefties is so much higher over the LAST FIFTY YEARS than it should be.
Unlike you I don't go around displaying my insecurities at every step. Fedtards like you go around spewing bullshit and try to discredit other players, there is nothing new to that. First it was Sampras before 2008-09 after that it is Nadal. I can make a list of the asinine comments (or excuses)made by you only to display your perennial butthurt. I mean Federer lost a few days ago and we don't see a single comment from you about that, but you had to make a stupid comment about Nadal.
You, the guy who calls people idiots at the drop of a hat, is not an inscure little 20-something twit ? Right.
1) Lefty advantage 2) Single handed BH as an excuse. 3) Clay is inferior 4) courts became slower as soon as Nadal started winning on them. 5) Nadal is modern day Michael Chang 6) He would not have won half the slams if he was not a lefty. 7) Nadal doesn't have good serve, return, FH, BH, volley, pretty much every aspect of the game, yet has 13 slams to his name.
Points #1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 are all facts. 5 is my personal assessment, since I've seen them both and i happened to play tennis at a fairly high level too. #7 is nothing more than Rafa-turds like you indulging in strawman arguments.
The list doesn't stop. Anyone who reads this board can tell who is insecure here. You would not see me going around trying to discredit Djokovic or Federer. However when asked tough questions you back out. Let me specifically ask you a few questions-- 1) Give me the statistics of lefties in top 100 guys for the last 10 years (year ending would do) and show me that it is favoring lefties significantly.
Irrelevant. Being a leftie doesnt make you a great tennis player. But all things equal, a leftie has an advantage. It means, for the SAME SKILL LEVELS, leftie will win out. That much, is borne out at the top level, where fractional differences in the game results in winning 10 slams or 2 through their careers.
2) Head to head of lefties other than Nadal with their contemporaries, be it McEnroe or Connors or anyone else in the open era.
Again, irrelevant. A two-bit tennis follower knows that the leftie advantage is intrinsically related to the power game, which didnt come around to full maturity by the mid 80s. Head2Heads in the Borg-Connor or Ashe-Laver era does not matter, because when you are serving with wooden rackets and barely breaking 120kph, it doesnt matter if you are serving with the arm or against the arm on the ad-court. The game was a touch game back then, which largely negates the advantages lefties have gained due to the evolution of the power game- such as throwing 200kph bombs on the ad court with the arm (which makes it far easier to vary the serve than serving against the arm) or the vicious top spin that kicks up six feet after bouncing. So McEnroe or Connors era query of yours is either: a) red herring b) indicative of your ignorance of the finer points of the game. Take your pick, sonny.
So grow up and try to act like someone of your age, not a teenage fangirl.
I don't need advice from how to act from people like you who call everyone who disagrees with you names. First me, then bones and god knows how much more. Kids like you think you know it all, but wait till you are a bit older and i assure you, you will realize how silly you are at the current age. Been there, done that, sonny. And trust me, you will too.

5 is my personal assessment,
That alone gives an idea of your biased state. I have countered the rest of your post in the past. Keep hating, it is not a happy state to be. So long, expect more butthurt comments in the future.

That alone gives an idea of your biased state. I have countered the rest of your post in the past. Keep hating' date=' it is not a happy state to be. So long, expect more butthurt comments in the future.[/quote'] You are free to feel whatever you like, but i dont think my comparison is a biassed one. Nadal is a left handed Chang, with 10% more power. They play/played the same game- run everything down, impregnable defence, weaksauce serve that is pretty much only good for high percentage first serves at weaksauce speeds and amazing stamina. Chang was worse, but he also was unfortunate to play in an era of monster servers like Ivanisevic, Becker, Sampras, etc. who gave him virtually no chance on the faster courts back then. If Chang had played in this era, he'd probably have netted 4-5 GS. You have countered nothing, you simply raised the tired old point of statistical rigour. Which, in a forum, always works because nobody ever presents a 5 page math project on the statistics of a sport. It would be fine, but given the criterias you've demanded, its clear that you do not understand the point being raised. (such a proliferation of lefties in the top 100, which has nothing to do with having an advantage against SIMILAR LEVEL players and everything to do with law of averages of people happening to be lefties)

You are free to feel whatever you like' date=' but i dont think my comparison is a biassed one. Nadal is a left handed Chang, with 10% more power. [/quote'] It was 15% before. :hysterical: Frankly one can not argue with someone with that mentality. This is my last post to you. Keep posting whatever you like. To quote Greg King "don't argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

It was 15% before. :hysterical:
Yay, more pedantry. Try and play the 'rigour card' some more to dodge the logic of the argument. Should come naturally to 20-something kids like you.
Frankly one can not argue with someone with that mentality. This is my last post to you. Keep posting whatever you like.
You've said this before. Now man up and do it, see if i give two flying figs about a kid who knows of tennis from tv and a few practice swings ignoring me.
To quote Greg King "don't argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
The fool who opens every post with a disparaging tone to everyone who disagrees, would be wise to look into the mirror.

I expect a really tough final. Novak is getting closer and closer each year to beat Rafa at RG. Unlike Federer he is still not lucky to avoid Nadal though. So it will be hard work for him. Nadal is starting to ply his best tennis of this year. So it will be a great contest, may the best player wins.

Interesting fact: In the last 18 grand slam finals including this one one of either Rafa or Murray has been present but they haven't played against each other. Amazing. Also this would be Nadal's 20th slam final, 9th on clay. He is only behind Federer now (24 finals).

I think today told us 2 things both of these players are in good form. Nadal in supreme form. However Novak won comfortably today and was against a bigger server in slightly hotter weather. Novak apparently was slightly sick towards the end. So perhaps that's why many are still unsure of how it'll go. Novak must dominate Nadal from the start and not have a slow start, slow starts won't cut it.

Get all set for super sunday. We really are privileged to watch these epic battles between these two warriors so many times. Hail Them. I would go with Rafa. If it was three setter I would have preferred Novak. Before SF's, all betting sites were putting Novak slightly ahead of Nadal to win this. But now, everybody is putting Rafa ahead of Novak. May be effect of Rafa's performance against Murray.