Modi sarkar economic reforms/governance performance thread

FischerTal

The Swacch Bharat program is even worse than the Nirmal Bharat program. The politicians and beaurecrats don't simply understand that the underlying problem is not one of infrastructure - for which enough support is already available. It is about a Sasur to go into the same loo as his bahu, about a thakur to take a dump where a Dalit did, about cleaning toilets where neighbors took a dump etc. I am not even getting into the environmental issues and problems.
PM’s Swachch Bharat Abhiyan has no place for Delhi’s 3 lakh rag pickers http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/newdelhi/pm-s-swachch-bharat-abhiyan-has-no-place-for-city-s-3-lakh-rag-pickers/article1-1271526.aspx

Dont know in which world you live. Lets talk about my village in UP' date=' most number of houses there have toilets and every family member uses the same toilet whether a sasur or a bahu. Most of the dump is collected at one place in villages and cow dung is used as natural fertilizer for agricultural purposes.[/quote'] Maybe you should send your report to the fools in WHO and UNICEF who seem to think 600 million people in India take a dump under khula aasmaan, two thirds of rural India does not have access to proper toilets, Indians form 60% of the world's population who sh!t in the open, as a percentage of total population India is right up there with Ethiopia. Our railways have holes cut out in the floor in the name of toilets, even luxury buses in the country do not have toilets, but let's talk about your village. LOL!

Maybe you should send your report to the fools in WHO and UNICEF who seem to think 600 million people in India take a dump under khula aasmaan, two thirds of rural India does not have access to proper toilets, Indians form 60% of the world's population who sh!t in the open, as a percentage of total population India is right up there with Ethiopia. Our railways have holes cut out in the floor in the name of toilets, even luxury buses in the country do not have toilets, but let's talk about your village. LOL!
You still didn't understand the point with you negative and pessimistic talks. If my village can have such system then other places too. More and more villages are getting and encouraged to implement these things with the help of govt. There have been schemes to fund these programs. In West UP, I have been to a lot of villages which have been benefited with these programs. 15-20 years back, even my village did not have these facilities. Everyone used to defecate in open, in agricultural fields. Being from a small village, I have gone through all these as a young kid, but I have seen the development too. Nothing will happen overnight, but someone has to take the baton to fasten the process.

Maybe you should send your report to the fools in WHO and UNICEF who seem to think 600 million people in India take a dump under khula aasmaan, two thirds of rural India does not have access to proper toilets, Indians form 60% of the world's population who sh!t in the open, as a percentage of total population India is right up there with Ethiopia. Our railways have holes cut out in the floor in the name of toilets, even luxury buses in the country do not have toilets, but let's talk about your village. LOL!
I think that is the main reason PM on the day of independence also talked about Shauchalaya which was criticised by Mani Shankar. The good thing is after Prime Ministers initiatives many corporate sectors have taken the initiative of preparing toilets in villages. Even my company is going to build thousands of them in UP. Modi's one more initiative in which he has asked all the MP's to take care of atleast one village in their area is also doing good. Few of the villages taken over by MP's have started to build toilets. Going forward their should be a campaign similar to Polio for stopping people to sh!t in open. First time Railways have initiated bio toilets. Ab karein kya NON ZAAHILS and non MADAR have ruled us for 60 years. :giggle:

I think that is the main reason PM on the day of independence also talked about Shauchalaya which was criticised by Mani Shankar. The good thing is after Prime Ministers initiatives many corporate sectors have taken the initiative of preparing toilets in villages. Even my company is going to build thousands of them in UP. Modi's one more initiative in which he has asked all the MP's to take care of atleast one village in their area is also doing good. Few of the villages taken over by MP's have started to build toilets. Going forward their should be a campaign similar to Polio for stopping people to sh!t in open. First time Railways have initiated bio toilets. Ab karein kya NON ZAAHILS and non MADAR have ruled us for 60 years. :giggle:
See, this is the problem I have. I am not sure what to believe and what not to. Once I post links, you will make fun of me that I am using Internet and what not. Sep 2, 2013 : Railways adds more bio-toilets for clean and hygienic journey
In the first four months of the current year, the railways have fitted 2,285 bio-toilets, which is much more than the entire number of bio-toilets fitted in the past three years. At present, the Indian railways are running 1,400 coaches with 3,800 bio-toilets in its various trains. The railways have fitted 2,285 bio-toilets in passenger coaches from April'13 to July'13 while only 1,337 bio-toilets were fitted in 2012-13, 169 in 2011-12 and only 57 in 2010-11. The first train, Gwalior-Varanasi Bundelkhand Express, fitted with bio-toilets is running since January 2011.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/allahabad/Railways-adds-more-bio-toilets-for-clean-and-hygienic-journey/articleshow/22219241.cms

You still didn't understand the point with you negative and pessimistic talks. If my village can have such system then other places too. More and more villages are getting and encouraged to implement these things with the help of govt. There have been schemes to fund these programs. In West UP, I have been to a lot of villages which have been benefited with these programs. 15-20 years back, even my village did not have these facilities. Everyone used to defecate in open, in agricultural fields. Being from a small village, I have gone through all these as a young kid, but I have seen the development too. Nothing will happen overnight, but someone has to take the baton to fasten the process.
Can? Sure, anything can be done. I am not talking about overnight here. India's population was 300 million at the time of independence and 600 million in the 70s. Today twice the number of India's population at independence and the same number as India's population in the 70s take a dump in the open. It might be easy to trivialize this as a percentage, but this is one metric on which trash adds up in absolute numbers in the limited natural resources. Whatever has been done has clearly not been close to enough and Swacch Bharat aims to do nothing much different. The problem is being viewed incorrectly- it is not about the Rs. 10,000 to build a toilet. Bangladesh builds toilets for Rs. 3,000 which are inferior in quality but has an open defecation rate of 3% as opposed to 50% for India. Many of these 50% can afford to build toilets but choose not to. There are a myriad of social and cultural factors involved, but have got very low priority in past schemes and the same is true for Swacch Bharat.

Wow! A post without personal attacks and unsolicited advice about whose d!ck to suck. Congratulations! As. I mentioned above, the program's emphasis on building toilets without developing the infrastructure and social awareness is flawed and will likely fail. We only have to wait 5 years to see the results. Similar programs by the central government (both BJP and non BJP) and the state government by Modi himself have failed. There is nothing here to make it a differentiator on success. But if we look beyond toilets there is an entire mess for which there are no plans - what does Swacch Bharat say about garbage cans, segregation of waste, people who deal with waste in inhuman conditions, seepage of waste in the soil and groundwater? Pretty much nothing, which previous plans have not said. Modi's plan in Gujarat was a huge flop. His motto is ghandigi chippao tou ghandigi mit jaayegi. The pollution levels of Sabarmati are off the charts compared with Ganga or even the average. But what we see is photo ops on the waterfront of poisonous water. That is his modus operandi- bhavya imaaratein with khokla interiors. India is on the verge of several ecological disasters during our lifetimes driven by idiotic government policies. There is an article about Shimla in India Today this week. It can easily be extended to the complete ravaging of nature which is happening throughout India, and Himalayas in particular. How long do you think before a major earthquake will hit the area - 5, 10, 15 years? India is a laboratory for ***ing with nature before things implode. The country will set future benchmarks and the King Jaahil has already played his part by accelerating the ravaging on several fronts. And no, bio-toilets were not introduced by King Jaahil in Indian Railways.

Wow! A post without personal attacks and unsolicited advice about whose d!ck to suck. Congratulations! As. I mentioned above, the program's emphasis on building toilets without developing the infrastructure and social awareness is flawed and will likely fail. We only have to wait 5 years to see the results. Similar programs by the central government (both BJP and non BJP) and the state government by Modi himself have failed. There is nothing here to make it a differentiator on success. But if we look beyond toilets there is an entire mess for which there are no plans - what does Swacch Bharat say about garbage cans, segregation of waste, people who deal with waste in inhuman conditions, seepage of waste in the soil and groundwater? Pretty much nothing, which previous plans have not said. Modi's plan in Gujarat was a huge flop. His motto is ghandigi chippao tou ghandigi mit jaayegi. The pollution levels of Sabarmati are off the charts compared with Ganga or even the average. But what we see is photo ops on the waterfront of poisonous water. That is his modus operandi- bhavya imaaratein with khokla interiors. India is on the verge of several ecological disasters during our lifetimes driven by idiotic government policies. There is an article about Shimla in India Today this week. It can easily be extended to the complete ravaging of nature which is happening throughout India, and Himalayas in particular. How long do you think before a major earthquake will hit the area - 5, 10, 15 years? India is a laboratory for ***ing with nature before things implode. The country will set future benchmarks and the King Jaahil has already played his part by accelerating the ravaging on several fronts. And no, bio-toilets were not introduced by King Jaahil in Indian Railways.
Wow! This is one big comprehensive post of yours after the disastrous Election Result Prediction in Political Section. And beleive me you make more sense when your posts are lengthy. You could have done without the last line as it would make sure few more votes for Mr Modi in the coming elections. Building Toilets by corporate sectors in villages. What exactly is the infrastructure you want in this process in villages? Their are two aspects of looking into everything. One Glass Half Full and other Glass Half Empty. I am looking into brighter side, you are looking into darker side. I would have looked in same way even if it was any other government, your view point changes for the same policies depending on the governments. Post your ideas on the gov site. Let the Prime Minister know about the problems which you forsee. He is going to be our PM for next 5 years so we do not have any option and if you will not stop the personal attacks due to humble background he will be there for 10 years. People like you are needed in Rastra Nirman process not in some daily dose of anti government rant.

See, this is the problem I have. I am not sure what to believe and what not to. Once I post links, you will make fun of me that I am using Internet and what not. Sep 2, 2013 : Railways adds more bio-toilets for clean and hygienic journey http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/allahabad/Railways-adds-more-bio-toilets-for-clean-and-hygienic-journey/articleshow/22219241.cms
Ok my Bad. I have not heard this thing before therefore I was under the impresion that it is something being implemented now. Thanks for that link man, it helped.

One Week, Many Reforms: PM Modi Burnishes Economic Credentials

Prime Minister Narendra Modi has unleashed a slew of reforms in the past week, scrapping fuel subsidies, simplifying labour rules and pledging to open coal mining to private players in a bid to kickstart the economy. The reforms are seen as some of the most significant since Mr Modi and his BJP swept the national election in May. But analysts say the reforms so far represent the low-hanging fruit. They point out that because the government and its allies are still in a minority in the Upper House or Rajya Sabha, they will find it tough to push through more politically sensitive changes that are key to getting growth back on track. In a week, Mr Modi has reduced paperwork and inspections of factories to ease the burden of manufacturing in India, which is currently at an unenviable 134th on a World Bank ease-of-doing business chart. Over the weekend, his government released diesel pricing from state control, ending one of India's costliest subsidies. It also cleared a delayed increase in domestic gas prices, hiking by one-third the amount the government pays natural gas producers to encourage exploration which will in turn make India less dependent on imports. Economists have long argued India's potential will only be unleashed when it curbs subsidies, relaxes suffocating regulation and rigid labour laws and eases complex rules governing industrial land acquisition. On Monday the government announced measures to pave the way for private companies to sell coal, which will eventually help break the monopoly of one of the world's biggest mining giants, Coal India, which is state-run. The government is also readying to sell a five-percent stake in state-run heavyweight Oil and Natural Gas Corp. in the hope of raising $3 billion or Rs. 18,300 Crores, which would help trim this year's fiscal deficit. The stock market has already reached near record heights as the PM tries to jumpstart growth that fell below five percent last year -- half the rate of just a few years ago. The government plans in the next parliamentary session to scrap nearly 300 outdated laws, many of which were enacted under British colonial rule and contribute to a notoriously cumbersome legal system. The reforms enacted so far, economists say, will reduce red tape and help draw foreign investors. Mr Modi has already appealed to the world to "make in India" as the country seeks jobs for its army of young people. However, the big-bang reforms, such as amending the industrial disputes act to make it easier to lay off workers, are untouched. Economists say they expect more progress on resolving labour issues and bringing in a national goods-and-services tax that will end the patchwork of levies making doing business in India costlier
http://profit.ndtv.com/news/economy/article-one-week-many-reforms-pm-modi-burnishes-economic-credentials-682897?pfrom=home-lateststories