Wimbledon 2014 - June 23rd to July 6th

zep1706

Djokovic is real champ. Have lot of respect for him. I don't mind him becoming no.1. But are you sure' date=' he would become no. 1 if he wins tomorrow?[/quote'] Yes he becomes indeed. Nadal leads him by just 170 points at the moment. If Djoko wins he would get an additional 800 points, well enough to take him to no. 1.

Bones - bookmark this page' date='Nadal fans "forced" to cheer for Djokovic :rofl:[/quote'] It's quite funny because they want to see Fed stay on 17 so they have an argument for Nadal as the GOAT. The only way Nadal becomes the GOAT is if he matches the GS count of Fed. You might have a case if Nadal ends up short by 1.

It's quite funny because they want to see Fed stay on 17 so they have an argument for Nadal as the GOAT. The only way Nadal becomes the GOAT is if he matches the GS count of Fed. You might have a case if Nadal ends up short by 1.
And wins at least 2-3 TMC s Federer has 6

Federer has as many US Opens as Nadal's total slam count excluding his RG slams and he has three times as many hard court slams as Nadal does. So much for that absurd and stupid insinuation. Insecurity much? This is a big, big slam for both to say the least. Djokovic has not won a slam in what, 18 months now? For Federer this could be his last real shot at adding to his GS tally. It will definitely add to his legacy if he wins this as he will then hold the record for most titles at Wimbledon. Only a bitter fan oblivious to reality would claim otherwise. If both play at the level they have played in this slam, then Federer is favourite to win in 4. If however, Djo raises his game as he normally does in such games, you would back him in 5. Federer has to win in 4, don't see him outlasting Djokovic. Dead heat really, if you consider the surface. Could easily go either way, let us hope we have a cracker. As for Nadal vs Fed, it will go on even after they retire just like Sachin vs lara and Murali vs Warne. I think more than the year end championships, what really pushes it in favour of Federer IMO is that he has had a lot more success on 3 out of the 4 surfaces. Granted Nadal had been a demi God on clay but it is only one surface. Of course he may well add to his Wimbledon, Aus and US open tally and if he does that he will definitely have a stronger case. I would go as far as to say that if he wins an Aus Open, a US open and a Wimbledon more and ties Federer on 17, he would have a better case than if he were to get to 18 by winning 4 French opens more. The equation will be a lot clearer when Federer retires which is imminent now. I give him till next year US open at most. Nadal's game means he won't age as well as Federer and probably has another 3 years tops to play well and add to his tally. He may well play on after that but his reliance on his heavy duty game means there may be more Kygrios like upsets if he does so.

I think it is 60-40 in Federer's favor in the final. Djokovic looked clueless against Dimitrov at times and Federer does everything better than Dimitrov. Federer has too much game on grass for Djokovic. Djokovic's approach in the slam finals has not been great, he checks out mentally too often.

I think it is 60-40 in Federer's favor in the final. Djokovic looked clueless against Dimitrov at times and Federer does everything better than Dimitrov. Federer has too much game on grass for Djokovic. Djokovic's approach in the slam finals has not been great' date=' he checks out mentally too often.[/quote'] Bookies don't agree with you, they have Djokovic as the favourite. I agree with you (never thought I'd say that), Fed is favourite. But not because he is a better player or things like that, but because Novak is not the same player without the clutch play he used to have. He will need the clutch play. If he finds it and his form, great chance for him, otherwise Fed should get this in probably 4.

It's quite funny because they want to see Fed stay on 17 so they have an argument for Nadal as the GOAT. The only way Nadal becomes the GOAT is if he matches the GS count of Fed. You might have a case if Nadal ends up short by 1.
Nadal is already ahead of Federer in GOAT debate. 1. A point can't be a global maxima if it isn't even local maxima. 2. A GS won in field of hewitt, roddick, safin and davydenko is half of the value of the GS won in field of Djokovoc, Murray and Federer. I am cheering Djokovic because match is btw Djokovic and Federer and I feel Djokovic is a better champion.

Bookies don't agree with you' date=' they have Djokovic as the favourite. I agree with you (never thought I'd say that), Fed is favourite. But not because he is a better player or things like that, but because Novak is not the same player without the clutch play he used to have. He will need the clutch play. If he finds it and his form, great chance for him, otherwise Fed should get this in probably 4.[/quote'] Bookies have had Djokovic as the favorite in every slam, yet he has 0 slams right now. On grass, Djokovic has no answer for Federer' variety as we saw in 2012. Forget Federer Dimitrov was the better player for the last 3 sets. He just did not know how to win. So on Sunday it depends on Federer's level of play. On hard courts Djokovic would be the favorite at this point of their career, but on grass I am being generous giving Djokovic 40% chance.

As if you don't cheer for every opponent of Nadal. It's human nature' date=' has nothing to do with whose fan you are. :haha:[/quote'] I think my support for Djoko hardly has anything to do with Nadal. In fact Djokovic has been more thorn in flesh of Nadal by robbing him of 3-4 grandslams. Federer has just been his whipping boy. I support Djoko against federer simply because he is greater competitor and champion of these two, in my opinion.

Nadal is already ahead of Federer in GOAT debate. 1. A point can't be a global maxima if it isn't even local maxima. 2. A GS won in field of hewitt, roddick, safin and davydenko is half of the value of the GS won in field of Djokovoc, Murray and Federer. I am cheering Djokovic because match is btw Djokovic and Federer and I feel Djokovic is a better champion.
Really!!!! This is the best argument you could come up with? What is the H2H record of Nadal vs Nick Kyrgios? please? To clarify: I have respect for both players and not religious about any one in particular... I just like Federer's game better. But this has to be one of the dumbest point you could come up with to prove Nadal over Fed.

Bookies have had Djokovic as the favorite in every slam, yet he has 0 slams right now. On grass, Djokovic has no answer for Federer' variety as we saw in 2012. Forget Federer Dimitrov was the better player for the last 3 sets. He just did not know how to win. So on Sunday it depends on Federer's level of play. On hard courts Djokovic would be the favorite at this point of their career, but on grass I am being generous giving Djokovic 40% chance.
This.