India vs England, 1st Test,Trent Bridge || 9-13 July

Enough hints in the Dhoni interview that Binny is going to play. Lot of support for Binny and Ishant there. I hope it doesn't out to be the decision which England took by playing Samit Patel in the 1st test in India.
Samit Patel was played more for his reputation to play spin well in addition to his moderate bowling where as Binny is being considered for his Swing bowling in addition to his average batting but you are right more or less the same thing

Vijay Dhawan Pujara Kohli Rahane Dhoni Binny Ashwin BK Shami Pankaj/Aaron Seems decent in batting options but bowlers don't know , very hopeful of Shami, BK, Aaron /PANKAJ BOWLING WELL, OR EITHER ASWIN OR BINNY AND ONE VACANT SPOT TO ADD MORE SEAMER.

SaneIndian Is Binny known to bowl long spells in Domestics? The karnataka games I have seen he was being used more sparingly
On an average bowls 12-13 overs per innings regularly for Karnataka recently. In the season gone by, Karnataka did not play on too many pattas with Karnataka not bowling more than 85-90 overs. In a match against Jharkhand Binny did bowl 25 overs and also bowled 17 overs for India A vs SA A.
On an average bowls 12-13 overs per innings regularly for Karnataka recently. In the season gone by' date=' Karnataka did not play on too many pattas with Karnataka not bowling more than 85-90 overs. In a match against Jharkhand Binny did bowl 25 overs and also bowled 17 overs for India A vs SA A.[/quote'] If Binny bowls only 12-13 overs in an innings he is going to be a waste of space as he brings nothing to the table in terms of his batting,I would rather take Jadeja for his fielding alone over Binny in that case as our test fielding has gone to the dogs recently and Jadeja himself a hack with the bat at test level feels like Sobers in comparison. I am basing this on a very less Sample size as obviously I have seen Jadeja bat a lot more overall not even bringing in Jaddu's domestic 300's into equation
Some stats for Binny from FC cricket from last 3 seasons (which have been his 3 most productive seasons) 29 matches, 37 innings, 1863 runs @ 50 with 6 100s and 9 50s, highest of 189 650 overs, 66 wickets @ 29 with a strike rate of 59
He did well in previous ipl too
What an unbeliavble weak batting line up we will have if sob binny plays. Wow' date=' tail starts from 6!![/quote'] all our recent test wins outside the subcontinent have been mostly due to the reargaurd from VVS at #6... now dhoni+binny+Jadeja have to perform that role