Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

10 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

Correct but he is far too inconsistent. He conceded 48 in 4 today despite bowling some good balls and pace. You can never rely on him to save your ass. He bowls full tosses after Yorker. 

Yes, he is inconsistent and I don't really consider him to be a T20I bowler.  

But, the point I was making was that ... Umesh is at his best when bowling at full pace.  He should not try to emulate other bowlers and miss out on benefiting from his strength.

52 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Selectors don't understand that the team should have tall bouncy bowlers too. Like you said there is a sameness in this attack. All are short skiddy bowlers. Pandya is the only hit the deck bowler but he is not a frontline pacer. 

And bounce is a great weapon in ODIs. Always harder to hit extra bounce.

1 hour ago, Mosher said:

In interviews he keeps saying he will never cut down on his pace as that is his x-factor. Frustrating to see him trundling. 

i think pace will increase as his confidence grows in this altered action.  His stretch reflex and arm delay have reduced due to this change in action.

Edited by rkt.india
7 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

i think pace will increase as his confidence grows in this altered action.  His stretch reflex and arm delay have reduced due to this change in action.

Doesn't look like he is trying to bowl quick. Just rolling his arm over like a trundler. Not trying to bend his back. He bowled quick in the 3rd T20. Should try to do the same here. 

Edited by Mosher
11 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Doesn't look like he is trying to bowl quick. Just rolling his arm over like a trundler. Not trying to bend his back. He bowled quick in the 3rd T20. Should try to do the same here. 

that is because he is still trying to be fully confident about these changes.

33 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Same Umesh was bowling lots of 140 k to 146 k deliveries in the last 2 T20Is a few days back, especially in the later spells.

Today, he bowled a high percentage of deliveries in the 127 k to 135 k range. Looks intentional at least partially.

Umesh trundling ...  team picking lots of medium pacers ...   looks like a conscious decision by the team management to promote medium paced swing bowling in England.  (  although very little swing has been available so far  )

Even with a remodeled trundler oriented action Umesh returns with figures of 9.5-70..Although he got 2 wickets at the end due to their urgency, Umesh should not drop his pace more or less he remains the same Umesh but the Umesh of past was bowling particularly well against viaiting Aussies in early 2017.That was the best that he bowled in his whole career.He needs to watch those replays asap